daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Chicago

Chicago » Projects and Construction | Infrastructure & Transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #901
clevechi84

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
I'm still looking for help on some of the above, if anyone in here is a Cubs fan.
Groupon has deals regularly for roof top seats. Good choices on the stops, Green Mill is great
clevechi84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2016, 12:34 AM   #902
surfwaxamerica

Likes (Received): 38

Oh damn, I just posted a new thread asking this question before looking properly like an idiot. Apologies!
surfwaxamerica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #903
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Likes (Received): 4268

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwaxamerica View Post
Oh damn, I just posted a new thread asking this question before looking properly like an idiot. Apologies!
I should've asked my questions in your thread!
xzmattzx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 10:00 PM   #904
rayvs99
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
Is there any clubs/places that play deep house? Or house in general? For the city that made house music, there seems to be hardly any places to see live dj's.

Good question, Im not sure if Green Dolphin is still around. you can check out Smart Bar too, close to Wrigleyville.

Good ol Classic HOUSE MUSIC

CHICAGO LEGEND

Last edited by rayvs99; July 7th, 2016 at 05:36 PM.
rayvs99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #905
roballan
Me want food

Likes (Received): 6156

Hi, I'm visiting Chicago in November, so I'm trying to get as much info on the city as possible. The thing is I just read a couple of articles ranking the city as somewhat "dangerous". Now, as a Mexican I'm aware of the annoying habit of the media to inflate information and make things look worst than they actually are. So I just wanted to ask to those of you living in the city, what can you tell about? which areas should be avoided and which are the safest? and what tips can you give to a first-time visitor?

Thank you all in advance.

roballan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2016, 06:37 PM   #906
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Likes (Received): 4268

From what I understood, as an outsider, all South Side neighborhoods away from the lake are pretty bad. The central neighborhoods and most North Side neighborhoods are pretty safe.
xzmattzx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #907
rayvs99
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by roballan View Post
Hi, I'm visiting Chicago in November, so I'm trying to get as much info on the city as possible. The thing is I just read a couple of articles ranking the city as somewhat "dangerous". Now, as a Mexican I'm aware of the annoying habit of the media to inflate information and make things look worst than they actually are. So I just wanted to ask to those of you living in the city, what can you tell about? which areas should be avoided and which are the safest? and what tips can you give to a first-time visitor?

Anywhere in the northside is safe. Chicago has small pockets of dangerous places in the west side and south side but you can be anywhere and get mugged.

Areas you should avoid with violent crimes-
Fuller Park
West/East Garfield park
Englewood and west Englewood
Greater Grand Crossing
Washington park
Woodlawn
North Lawndale

I often hear people refer to Uptown or Hyde Park as being “dangerous” but you are more likely to become a victim of violent crime in the Loop than you are in either of these neighborhoods – and way more likely to become a victim of property crime. And you are more likely to become a victim of property crime in Lincoln Park than in either of these neighborhoods – because “that’s where the money is”. However, in all fairness, places like the Loop and the Near North Side have a huge influx of people every day that are not reflected in the population numbers and that invites more crime.

roballan liked this post
rayvs99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 10:23 PM   #908
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by roballan View Post

Some parts of the South Side can be dangerous, and the West Side, too. There aren't many tourist attractions in the South or West, so you'll probably be better off in the Loop, Near North Side, or North Side. And most people are very friendly, from my own experience as a Chicago resident.
A Chicagoan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #909
TOCC

Likes (Received): 2670

Im visiting Chicago in September, only for a few days during the week, I've researched on TripAdvisor and a few of those other travel sites for things to do, but would like to hear from Chicago locals on what they think a visitor should do or see when they are in Chicago that is unique to your city? Also what things do they think are overrated that i shouldn't bother with.

Edit: just seen fellow posters have asked similar questions above
TOCC no está en línea   Reply With Quote