SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Metro

3M views 8K replies 522 participants last post by  Hourdel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#3,142 ·
Odd question. I was looking through Wikipedia about
, in preparation to add in information from the French Wiki into the English Wiki, when I noticed that this photo in Wikipedia from 2007 shows the St. Lazare platforms marked as if they were to receive PSDs. But this platform never received PSDs did they? It was only
's platforms.

#3,156 · (Edited)
TV programme from the 1990s on the Metro. This was filmed when
&
were still under construction.

The ending of the first part talks about the construction of
, particularly the construction underneath the Seine and the sinking of the cassions & station St. Michel. This is continued into the 2nd part of the programme, where there scenes of the same method of construction for
near Parc de Bercy.

The 2nd portion of the programme also talks about the MP 59 and gives an inside view of the conductor cabin.

#3,157 ·
So I'm back from Paris since 11pm yesterday. I had a lovely time, and took the métro and and RER quite a lot. Nearly got sick on a very full MP59 on line 4 because of the intense heat, so I got off at Montparnasse-Bienvenüe and just as I was getting better a nearly empty MP89 rolled into the station, so I took that and then changed to the RER B at Denfert-Ronchereau to get back to the Gare Du Nord again to take my train home.

Pictures soon.

#3,159 ·
^^ I didn't actually get sick, I just felt that if I didn't get off of the train soon, I probably would have. Those MP59s are like saunas when it's hot outside. It was hot in the other trains too but it felt like the MP59s (and especially on line 4) were the worst.

Anyway, pictures:

MP59 somewhere (I forgot the name of the station)

Arts et Métiers

Entrance to Cité station

Obligatory MP89 shot in Cité station

Entrance to what used to be Saint-Martin station

I did actually go past both Saint-Martin and Champ De Mars while on the métro, and I was surprised by how easy they are to spot.