SkyscraperCity Forum banner

HONG KONG | Nina Tower | 319m | 1047ft | 80 fl | Com

Tags
hong kong
242K views 1K replies 300 participants last post by  christos-greece 
#1 ·
I think special update threads are better for people who want to see how far a project is (now they have to search trough the whole HK update thread).

So here I'll start one about Ninatower, 319 meters tall, now about 200 meters I think:

Update 28-02-2004:

See less See more
#156 ·
Looks just almost saame proportion and as slim as 2IFC, only a bit fatter but still very great one !!!

#162 ·
dig that blue glass...and it's almost up to the skybridge now! nice...

why did they not build it closer to downtown, i just don't get it.

#164 ·
7WT: HK is building a handful of new satellite biz/res centers around the city, and Nina is the anchor to one of them--

in another year or so several massive constructions (including skyscraper hotels-- it is HK afterall) will be immediately adjacent and connected ;) to her, providing convenient access to both Central and the airport/Disneyland--

no more supertalls around Nina however...

:cheers:

#165 ·
yeah, i know that the hk surroundings are made up of satellite communities with its own centers. however, nina's tower's so good, it deserves better than being isolated outside of the main hk downtown, and as a result made less prominent than other downtown hk skyscrapers (i mean, not as many visitors of hk would go to the place it's located as the main hk downtown).

#166 ·
Nina Wang wanted to build the world's tallest building there, but the planning department forced her to scale down her ambitions because it's right along the flight path to Chek Lap Kok. Interestingly, even if Kai Tak was still open, it would still be along that flight path as well.

Nevertheless, it's quite amazing to see this huge building in the middle of a lowrise district.

#170 ·
Rachmaninov said:
Another update!!! Shot yesterday on 28th June by myself!!!
Thank You so much for these updates!!! Like it!!!

#174 ·
All those pics above are just too amazing :eek:kay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.