SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | 10 Hudson Yards - Coach Tower | 268m | 878ft | 52 fl | Com

917K views 2K replies 252 participants last post by  baronson 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think we can agree on this for once and for all... this is the first tower of Hudson Yards, if you don't know.

See less See more
#35 ·
Remember that shot in the Josie and the Pussycats movie from like '99 or around then when they go to New York and there's a huge McDonald's golden arches spanning across both of the Twin Towers and the entire city is glaring with branded schlock just like Times Square? I fee like that's the direction we're heading here, citywide (see also: Citibike)

#38 ·
There are 3 options for a project like this, the options are: 1. Build with taxpayers money, 2. Build with corporate sponsorship or, 3. Not build it all! Given those 3 options corporate sponsorship seems like the best way for this and any other project if it's available. Taxpayers as a whole don't want to be burdened with increased taxes yet they want new public areas so corporate sponsorship is thus the best option.

#37 ·
In a certain sense, yes; and I also am aware that this is a minority opinion. But that's not a conversation for this thread.

I do think it's a shame for a public park to be branded or to offer naming rights. But the High Line isn't a true public park to begin with, so I suppose the point is moot.

#55 · (Edited)
WARNING - Please read with caution

I found the address for what I think is the official address for Coach South Tower.

Please tell me I am wrong! Am I missing something?
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=5&passjobnumber=121324290&passdocnumber=01

It says under the filing that the tower is 48 stories tall which Coach Tower Is supposed to be, but what bothers me is the height in the filing at 565ft??

Can anyone confirm that 501 W 30th is indeed the Coach South Tower?? Unless this address is for another building in Related's property standing 48 stories tall.

#75 ·
I believe that's an old filing from before the time that Related actually finalized its agreement with the City, which, believe it or not, occurred after Related and Coach agreed to a deal. That height reflected what could be built prior to Related's signing its agreement, which bestowed extra air rights. Subsequent filings show that the tower will be 905 feet tall.

Reactions: Kanto
#63 ·
#65 ·
#62 ·
#67 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.