Use: Hotel
Construction Start: 2006
Construction End: April 2010

Latest updates by Imre

[/B]

See less See more
#149 ·
Dam Marina is thin!! Needs to eat more muffins!!! :uh:

Does anyone know whats the measurement of the base is? It looks like its close to the 11:1 ratio of Rose...

#153 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

What are the concrete blocks used for?

24/October/2007

Marina 101

Just refering to the following image, My ruff calculations give it a base to height ratio of 1:9. However, if the base is not included this ratio becomes 1:13!!!

THATS INSANE!!

16/Oct/2007

#159 ·
Thx Altin.

I still havent had a confirmation or reaction about the ratio of the tower. Its amazing that they have built it so thin! I would love it if it were just for this reason but there are a number of other beautiful things about it :D

#164 · (Edited)
^^ So many construction sites here on such a relative small area! I'd guess Imre has taken the photo from the top floors of Marina Heights.

The Marina 101 lot is at the bottom left, next to the growing Marina Pinnacle, isn't it? This site looks so small for a coming supertall! The square bases of Marina Pinnacle and the tower above (I don't know this one so far, can someone help?*) are connected so closely to the Marina 101 site, that some people could suffer from agoraphobia there when all the skyscrapers are finished... :runaway:

But nevertheless I'm looking forward to see the first floors of Marina 101 in a few months... :yes:

*edit: I could help myself - it's the Sulafa Tower next to Marina 101, of course

#165 ·
Good pictures, thanks for updating them. :)

#170 ·
^^ Uh-oh... water is not exactly what I like to see here!! :uh:
Let this not be the beginning of an "Infinity Tower syndrome"! Marina 101 is placed further from the coastline than Infinity Tower, so this comes as a surprise to me.

Does the construction itself go on right now? If it has stopped, I'll wet the site even more with my tears (virtually) :cry: ;).
I really hope the suction of this small amount of water is still routine and doesn't lead to delay.

#173 ·
What is the process for building the piles. Do they simply drill a x metre deep hole then pour the concrete? Or do those long steel dubes go down all the way as a formwork and get removed once the concrete has been poured? or do they do it as a stepped process a couple of metres at a time?

Thanks any insight would be great :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.