SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Chooese your favourite...

Bosmal towers versus UNIS towers - great Sarajevo rivals!

13K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Luka 
#1 ·
1. Bosmal towers are something new in Sarajevo. Towers are projected to be 118 meters tall, and they should've been highest skyscrapers in Balkans, but Ušće tower is 130 meters now.

Photos (first taken by our forumer Mimica):

2. UNIS towers, symbols of modern Sarajevo, built in '86. Panorama of the city wouldn't be the same without them. Sarajlije even gave names to them: Momo and Uzeir, but you can also hear some people (for example me and prople from my neigbrhood) to call them Huso and Haso.

Photos:

See less See more
#2 ·
Both of these pairs of skyscrapers are a great design. The UNITEC twins are much more known for most of the Bosnians, since the BOSMAL CITY CENTRE isn't completely completed. Mabye I'm wrong, but I believe this.
The UNITEC are however much less interesting that the BOSMAL CITY CENTRE. This is probably since they are just two glass rectagles, while the BOSMAL CITY CENTRE has all these angles and interesting shapes.

Final vote - Bosmal City Centre.

Saraj - If it is still possible, mabye you should change the name from UNIS to UNITEC, since that is it's newest name. :yes:

#3 ·
^ It's not in my power anymore ;)

Anyway, you said you like Bosmal more because it has more shapes than UNIS (sorry, but I'm used to this name), and you said UNIS towers are simple. Well, that's why I like them, because they are so simple, and yet so nice. And it's interesting how do they change their color in diffrent times of the year.

Bosmal is interesting for me, but only that. If you compare it with other buildings in Hrasno, you'll see it's just one big commieblock, just with few fresh colors.

Comparing these two highrises (actually four) is like comparing that big watch from market that costs 10€, and a nice, elegant Casio from watch shop that costs 150€...

#4 ·
For me it is the Unis Towers!

They are one of many symbols of Sarajevo, and in my opinion the main symbol of Modern Sarajevo. They were built at a time that Sarajevo was prosperous, and probably the happiest time for it's residents, the winter olympic games. The Bosmal Towers could be built in any city, and really I wouldn't look twice at them. For me the Unis towers represent the thriving Sarajevo, that once was.:)

#6 ·
yugoboy said:
For me it is the Unis Towers!

They are one of many symbols of Sarajevo, and in my opinion the main symbol of Modern Sarajevo. They were built at a time that Sarajevo was prosperous, and probably the happiest time for it's residents, the winter olympic games. The Bosmal Towers could be built in any city, and really I wouldn't look twice at them. For me the Unis towers represent the thriving Sarajevo, that once was.:)
Wow, you really are nostalgic :eek:kay:

#7 ·
UNIS because they really look interesting, while Bosmal towers don't look like anything special for me :)

#10 ·
^ Yes, of course. Serbs are fault for everything, they were just shooting at Sarajevo, at it's historical buildings, without any good reason. Just for fun :|

#13 · (Edited)
Saray said:
^ Yes, of course. Serbs are fault for everything, they were just shooting at Sarajevo, at it's historical buildings, without any good reason. Just for fun :|
Svi znamo da nisu srbi krivi, pogrjesio sam, chetnici je bolji naziv za radikalne srbe. Svi mi znamo kako su mediji ratnog zlocinca u srbiji ispirali ljudima mozak, pa me ne cude takve izjave. Ti pricas sa direktnim svjedokom zato mojne tisra meni, da si jedan dan bio kad chete odluche da ozeze po gradu sve bi ti jasno bilo. Sto je Davorin Popovich (veliki sarajlija) rekao kad je iz Sarajeva bio na tel sa Beogradom, nemoj mi pricati bolan suplju sto si gledao na televiziji, da ti samo dvije roknu sve bi ti bilo jasno. Uostalom fino pogledaj u hagu ciji su generali osudjeni za ono sto je u Sarajevu pocinjeno. A ponekad i povjeruj kad ti ljudi koji su tu bili kazu, jer i sam znas da je sve u brdima i navece si mogao i ispaljenja da gledas. Djeca su ubijana snajperima i granatam. Eno ti jos uvijek ne obnovljeno porodiliste koje je granatirano dok je bilo puno beba i zapaljno. Ma ima toga jos puno ali je problem sto ljudi ne zele da se informishu pa da se ukljuce u smislenu debatu. A ovo ionako nije mjesto za to. I jos nesto ja nisam musliman ako ti je to palo na pamet. Samo normalan SArajlija.
I da mnogi srbi su masovno pomagali u ratu i vidjeli sta se dogadja nazalost politicari(citaj kriminalci) su kolo vodili.

#14 ·
^ Nemoj ti sad mislit' da ja podržavam ono što je rađeno, ja kao Sarajlija ne mogu ni da se zamislim da pucam na druge Sarajlije, em što su ljudi, em što mi je to što sam Sarajlija važnije od toga što sam Srbin i što mi je Sarajevo draže i od Karađorđa i Stefana Kotromanića, ali kad kažeš da su Srbi izvršili agresiju na svoj grad to (na stranu što to nije istina) to malo boli.

Pravi Srbi Sarajlije su uradili tri stvari; jedni su pobjegli u Ilidžu i ostale dijelove grada pod srpskom kontrolom, drugi su ostali u gradu, a treći put pod noge pa u Njemačku. Oni što su se verali po brdima nemaju pravo da se nazivaju Sarajlijama, oni su Paljani, Rogatičani i ostali stanovnici pobrdskih naselja, i molim te ih ne zoveš Sarajlijama.

#15 ·
Saray said:
^ Nemoj ti sad mislit' da ja podržavam ono što je rađeno, ja kao Sarajlija ne mogu ni da se zamislim da pucam na druge Sarajlije, em što su ljudi, em što mi je to što sam Sarajlija važnije od toga što sam Srbin i što mi je Sarajevo draže i od Karađorđa i Stefana Kotromanića, ali kad kažeš da su Srbi izvršili agresiju na svoj grad to (na stranu što to nije istina) to malo boli.

Pravi Srbi Sarajlije su uradili tri stvari; jedni su pobjegli u Ilidžu i ostale dijelove grada pod srpskom kontrolom, drugi su ostali u gradu, a treći put pod noge pa u Njemačku. Oni što su se verali po brdima nemaju pravo da se nazivaju Sarajlijama, oni su Paljani, Rogatičani i ostali stanovnici pobrdskih naselja, i molim te ih ne zoveš Sarajlijama.
Ok ispravio sam se za ono prvo izvini ako si se nasao uvrijedjen i ja mislim da se ti ljudi nemaju pravo zvati ni srbi ni sarajlije koji su to radili. Nisam ih ja nazvao sarajlijama. Citiracu ti mog pokojnog dedu jednom u ratu kad je izajvio "to su zivotinje, ma kakve zivotinje vrijedjam zivotinje ako kazem to".

#18 ·
It is Unitic, but Mimica messed it up once a long time ago and everybody's been parroting him.

#22 ·
ITALIA90 said:
Leave out the politics...please...
Anyway, i've heard that the third UNIS tower is supposed to be built on that parking behind the twins? Has anyone heard something about it?

The third UNITIC will most likely be built, yet I have no idea when. When I visited my aunt who works in the UNITIC, I already saw the two panels when you enter the building showing all the companies with offices in the buildings.
I could see it was getting fairly crowded, and probably needs another building.

#23 ·
MIMICA said:
I thought it was UNITEC when in English. When said in Bosnian, then it's UNITIC.
Oh. Well, a company's name usually doesn't change form in languages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.