search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai > Skyscrapers & Supertalls

Skyscrapers & Supertalls Projects under construction above 200m/650ft tall

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #1181
bhargavsura

So if they slow the work every monsoons like this, then they will be wasting pretty much almost 16 months because it seems that the building won't be completed until 2015 at least.

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #1182
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Likes (Received): 890

thanks soroban and dunefreezer

Many thanks to CG for his work
KuwarOnline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #1183
vadditwice

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
So if they slow the work every monsoons like this, then they will be wasting pretty much almost 16 months because it seems that the building won't be completed until 2015 at least.
Isn't the estimated completion 2016?
Old June 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #1184
bhargavsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadditwice View Post
Isn't the estimated completion 2016?
Is it? Then add another 20 months to do that if they do like this.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #1185
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Guys....Let's not forget the scraper is so skinny....In other words, sexy....It is not as wide as the Sears Tower...Not even Burj Khalifa and Burj Khalifa is a skinny monster.....So I think It will be built before the expected completion date....Because I think they can complete and add floors a bit faster than the other monsters out there, although its structure makes it a bit more complex.

Not to mention the DB guys saying that their projects are on schedule....So they will meet the deadline unless if some other problems arise.

Also Guys....who saw the new trailer for Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise, he is scaling Burj Khalifa in the trailer. Check it out.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1186
deekshith
DELETED

Likes (Received): 1764

Original image
Photo copyright: flickoholic
image hosted on flickr

Photoshopped image

Last edited by deekshith; June 29th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
deekshith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #1187
Bombay Boy

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
Guys....Let's not forget the scraper is so skinny....In other words, sexy....It is not as wide as the Sears Tower...Not even Burj Khalifa and Burj Khalifa is a skinny monster.....So I think It will be built before the expected completion date....Because I think they can complete and add floors a bit faster than the other monsters out there, although its structure makes it a bit more complex.
no two floors in this building are alike. every piece of its structure will have to be specially designed for each floor. it will take time
Bombay Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #1188
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Yes, it is just unfortunate.

Working in monsoons is just difficult.
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #1189
williemore

Likes (Received): 20

why does work always have to stop in monsoon again??... i understand that the concrete cannot dry out and it may not be the best of practices... but is this how it works in other cities with torrential rainfall? like singapore or kuala lumpur...
williemore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #1190
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by williemore View Post
why does work always have to stop in monsoon again??... i understand that the concrete cannot dry out and it may not be the best of practices... but is this how it works in other cities with torrential rainfall? like singapore or kuala lumpur...
have you ever worked in the rain?
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1191
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
You cannot compare KL and Singapore to Mumbai in Monsoon ... They are mostly tropical with rain spread throughout the year but in Mumbai most of teh action happens in 3 month from May -july ... Its just too much rain and I believe that once teh basement work is done then Monsoon won't be too much of a problem !!!
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1192
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay Boy View Post
no two floors in this building are alike. every piece of its structure will have to be specially designed for each floor. it will take time
Yeah...Thats true I read somewhere each floor is different, thanks for reminding me.....But still...They must have taken every factor into account before announcing deadlines....and maybe the technology and techniques improved that might allow faster building of the floors...
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #1193
williemore

Likes (Received): 20

of course i have... but it wasn't construction... and i don't know if that is how things are done in other cities too... but huge canopies or raincoats, an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
have you ever worked in the rain?
williemore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #1194
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

great job deekshith, it looks monster
Old June 30th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #1195
sammyk

Quote:
of course i have... but it wasn't construction... and i don't know if that is how things are done in other cities too... but huge canopies or raincoats, an option?
In a project like this (at least at t his stage) if you work in the rain you spend more time removing water than actually working on the building. Then you have things like equipment getting bogged down in the mud, having to wear rain gear, etc. It's just a mess.
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #1196
Marathaman

Likes (Received): 6037

What's wrong with some people in international thread? Everytime some troll jumps in and passes a snide comment, a whole gang of Indian fanboys has to descend and rebut it. Will this affect the actual project? no. Let them close the thread/put it on hold whatever. If and when the tower starts rising, the mods will themselves open it. There's no need to keep trying to prove to some angsty teenaged china-fag on a daily basis that work is going on.

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #1197
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Even some idiots on wiki added on hold and removed from status which i restored.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #1198
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Wow....I guess those Idiots are pathetic.....I really see this is more of a discrimination to the Indians of their progress rather than for some other reason.

On Skyscraperpage....India Tower is put on hold....Do users have the authority to do that on skyscraperpage.....or do you thing, its administrators put it on hold because of monsoon.

Last edited by dunefreezer; June 30th, 2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1199
sammyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathaman View Post
What's wrong with some people in international thread? Everytime some troll jumps in and passes a snide comment, a whole gang of Indian fanboys has to descend and rebut it. Will this affect the actual project? no. Let them close the thread/put it on hold whatever. If and when the tower starts rising, the mods will themselves open it. There's no need to keep trying to prove to some angsty teenaged china-fag on a daily basis that work is going on.
If they put it on hold that means the trolls win. No one wants the trolls to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
Wow....I guess those Idiots are pathetic.....I really see this is more of a discrimination to the Indians of their progress rather than for some other reason.

On Skyscraperpage....India Tower is put on hold....Do users have the authority to do that on skyscraperpage.....or do you thing, its administrators put it on hold because of monsoon.
They might have different criteria for putting something on hold or not. Either that or no one has cared to dispute it and they are just basing it on lack of progress.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #1200
Marathaman

Likes (Received): 6037

Who cares if some troll "wins" ? Let them be happy. Is that going to somehow affect the project? NO. So if the project is indeed going ahead, no amount of "trolls winning" will change that.

2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyer75 View Post
Next two years the economy will crumble and the stock markets will crash thanks to demon.
Marathaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote