daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area > Transportation and Infrastructure

Transportation and Infrastructure Discuss mass transit, roads, bridges, airports, water management, etc here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2017, 11:23 AM   #1661
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Same.

But I've seen in recent photos that the HART transfer center by the Rental Car Facility IS operational. I will be heading down there with a friend on Sunday when we ride HART.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #1662
USF802

Likes (Received): 685

JetBlue has filed application through DOT to launch TPA-HAV 1x daily.

This will compete with several other airlines and routes for I believe 4x daily allotments that are up for grabs.

So depends on if DOT selects this route, if it does it will fly. If they don't it won't.
USF802 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #1663
Szemeredy
Keeping Things Rolling

Likes (Received): 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post

Same.

But I've seen in recent photos that the HART transfer center by the Rental Car Facility IS operational. I will be heading down there with a friend on Sunday when we ride HART.
It's been operational for several months. There's a shuttle bus that runs the length of the people mover until it begins operation, and it will be getting two more routes in 2018 (Routes 35 and 275LX).

HARTride 2012, Brian72 liked this post
Szemeredy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 02:00 PM   #1664
TPAFAN

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF802 View Post
JetBlue has filed application through DOT to launch TPA-HAV 1x daily.

This will compete with several other airlines and routes for I believe 4x daily allotments that are up for grabs.

So depends on if DOT selects this route, if it does it will fly. If they don't it won't.
DL is now returning 6x weekly JFK-HAV slots, so it’s now just under 5x daily allotments. This makes our chances even better. I think we’ll end up getting the flight.
TPAFAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #1665
Brian72

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szemeredy View Post
It's been operational for several months. There's a shuttle bus that runs the length of the people mover until it begins operation, and it will be getting two more routes in 2018 (Routes 35 and 275LX).
We just flew out to New Orleans last week...had to take the shuttle bus still to get back to economy parking. They did say it would be soon...

All the signs are up which makes it confusing...
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #1666
CubanBread

Likes (Received): 394

Just a random thought but the Bay area is lucky to have 2 International airports so close to each other that are both growing.
I know PIE is only carrying about 2 million passengers a year but that probably helps alleviate things at TPA just enough to keep it from beginning to over burden itself.

I'm not certain but I don't believe there are 2 international airports closer together than PIE and TPA.
In some form you could even through SRQ into the mix as many metro's secondary airports are about that far away.
The metro's population doesn't show any sign of slowing down. We don't think about it a lot now but in time we'll come to appreciate how lucky we are to have 2 international airports so close together.

Brian72 liked this post
CubanBread no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #1667
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanBread View Post
Just a random thought but the Bay area is lucky to have 2 International airports so close to each other that are both growing.
I know PIE is only carrying about 2 million passengers a year but that probably helps alleviate things at TPA just enough to keep it from beginning to over burden itself.

I'm not certain but I don't believe there are 2 international airports closer together than PIE and TPA.
In some form you could even through SRQ into the mix as many metro's secondary airports are about that far away.
The metro's population doesn't show any sign of slowing down. We don't think about it a lot now but in time we'll come to appreciate how lucky we are to have 2 international airports so close together.
I agree. I don't even think that MCO & SFB are as close as TPA & PIE are. I think TPA & PIE only have a 10 to 12 mile distance between each other while MCO & SFB is more like 20-25 miles apart.
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:23 PM   #1668
CubanBread

MCO to SFB is 33 miles difference, PIE to TPA is 15. It's basically a drive across the bridge lol.
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #1669
HARTride 2012

SkyConnect trains are now running 24/7 tests.
Old December 28th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #1670
Brian72

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
SkyConnect Gets Off the Ground at Tampa Bay Airport

BY JOE LOPANO ON DEC 26, 2017

Early in 2018, Tampa International Airport will celebrate the opening of its new rental car center, main terminal expansion and SkyConnect, the people mover that connects the two buildings.
http://www.aviationpros.com/article/...pa-bay-airport
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 11:03 AM   #1671
HARTride 2012

I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about here yet. I'm very impressed by this number! Way to go TPA Airport! Even with all of the construction work, they managed to still handle a ton of flights and passengers.

https://www.facebook.com/FlyTPA/vide...5519328151436/

CubanBread liked this post
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:47 PM   #1672
CubanBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about here yet. I'm very impressed by this number! Way to go TPA Airport! Even with all of the construction work, they managed to still handle a ton of flights and passengers.

https://www.facebook.com/FlyTPA/vide...5519328151436/

Also P.I.E. increased 12% from 2016 and has a record number of passengers 2,055,269

SRQ surprisingly decreased 3.2% (1,186,605) I don't think that is that big of a deal though. I expect SRQ will stay steady and eventually start increasing in the coming years. They just need to add some more flights. I also feel like the word still hasn't gotten out about Sarasota, the more people that start to realize it's more than just a beach town the more traffic you will see to SRQ
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #1673
Szemeredy
Keeping Things Rolling

Likes (Received): 749

Fresh round of landside terminal photos:

gstolze, Brian72 liked this post
Szemeredy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, international, tampa, us airports