daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Old Today, 05:26 AM   #3381
venkatm

Likes (Received): 1401

Now SC comes to the rescue of a 420

This is another example of the strange ways our judiciary works. Tomorrow a thief will not be prosecuted if he returns stolen property
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le19744491.ece
venkatm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #3382
akamaai

Likes (Received): 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatm View Post
This is another example of the strange ways our judiciary works. Tomorrow a thief will not be prosecuted if he returns stolen property
Edhukku precedent erukkae, TN'la.

Anoop_kris liked this post
akamaai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #3383
akamaai

Aj doing a PC

http://www.financialexpress.com/econ...diture/864354/
Old Today, 06:30 AM   #3384
VCM AHMD

Likes (Received): 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaiyorker View Post
Yes, I am not sure how the dollar index is used as "the" measure for the US economy. Further, it is a measure of the relative strength of the USD against 6 other first world currencies. The index could drop if the other currencies are doing well as well. I am not into currency trading and stuff....but, the Euro doing strong based on the stabilization of its market could also make the index go down for the USD. But, stating the US economy is not doing well because the dollar index is at 92, when every major economic index is showing a bullish economy makes no sense.

Further....
Since you do not underatand currency moments, dollor index , US treasury yield etc it is better ler me not continue the discussion. Let us stop it here.

According to you US economy is doing well. Be it so.

Since you are of the opinion US economy is strong, dollor is / will be strong, you can keep all yr hard earned money in dollor and not convert in rupee . Best of luck .
VCM AHMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:46 AM   #3385
VCM AHMD

Likes (Received): 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
We were talking about India's slowness for last 3 years and you cited world economy as the reason for India's slowness. But CY pointed out the biggest world economy US which is doing much better for that past 3yrs. Dollar got stronger against many currencies around the world if we compare it to 2014 till Trump inauguration honeymoon days i.e. till April 2017. It was only rupee appreciated and other currencies say Euro, Pound, Yuan all depreciated to dollar.

USD-Euro = 0.72 in April 2014, 0.94 in April 2017 & 0.83 today
USD-Pound =0.6 in April 2014, 0.8 in April 2017 & 0.73 today
USD-INR = 61 in April 2014, 64.5in April 2017 & 64.9 today

while Euro/Pound depreciated against dollar by 30% to peak in April this year, they are at 15% depreciated level compared to April 2014 (I take this time to compare your claim that US economy was doing bad).. of-course if one takes from April 2017 to today we can say Dollar depreciated by 15% but still comparing to April 2014 we can say Dollar is still stronger. Coming to INR while other currencies depreciated so faster in 3yrs from 2014 to 2017 April, rupee depreciation level was less than 8% even when it reached the peak 69 rupees a year back.. BJP supporters themselves pointed out this as achievement of BJP gvt and rupee is strong under Modi rule while other world countries were doing so bad back then.. that was also cited as reason Indian economy is doing so good. Dollar might be getting weaker now but still not got much weaker below April 2014 and US economy it not doing so slow to claim that as reason for India's slowness.
Hardly my points are either understood .

I am not bringing BJP or UPA discussion here.

some memeber in this forum is arguing why TN registered only 7.1 %growth only , no investment is coming , etc . MY arugment was whole world is inder recesion including developed countries how do u expect India alone can perform

See what happened to CHINA it is downgraded byS& P and also north korean issue is mounting.

Also do not compare dollor of 2014, just compare what is now and compare last year.

Year on year comparison is very important , that too last year elcection was held in US and after Dec 16 what was dollor index and what is the present situation. During last year , the whold market was predicting rupee will touch 72 and so on, on the contrary it appreciated as high as 63.5 now it is trading at 64.79 which was friday close.

US economy is doing well or not you can judge it from dollor index or int rate which FOMC was to hike but has not done , shows clearly where economy is going.

It is fine. we hv discussed enough on US and other world economy and let us close the discussion.
VCM AHMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #3386
chennaiyorker
--No Limits--

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCM AHMD View Post
Since you do not underatand currency moments, dollor index , US treasury yield etc it is better ler me not continue the discussion. Let us stop it here.

According to you US economy is doing well. Be it so.

Since you are of the opinion US economy is strong, dollor is / will be strong, you can keep all yr hard earned money in dollor and not convert in rupee . Best of luck .
Well, it is not just my opinion, FYI. It is the US federal bank's opinion, inference in fact, which is well backed by the major economic indicators. As it is of the economists and experts.

IMO, it is stupid to consider only the dollar index as the measure of the economy. I might not be familiar with forex market, but am pretty familiar with how the economy works. No one who knows even a bit of economics would even think that the US economy is doing bad now based on the indicators/trends. All the dollar index tells you is the volatility in the currency exchange market.
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #3387
akamaai

Quote:
MY arugment was whole world is inder recesion including developed countries how do u expect India alone can perform
nope, just look at EU PMI numbers led by GER, its very convenient to blame 'global' factors for India's woes whilst data suggest otherwise.

You know things are bad when someone like Swaraj's Jaggi or PM's unofficial Chied Economics Adviser Guru start sounding that alarm.
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #3388
vinodhkumar

Likes (Received): 157

vinodhkumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #3389
iaafosci
madrasi

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamaai View Post
nope, just look at EU PMI numbers led by GER, its very convenient to blame 'global' factors for India's woes whilst data suggest otherwise.

You know things are bad when someone like Swaraj's Jaggi or PM's unofficial Chied Economics Adviser Guru start sounding that alarm.
You also know things are going bad on the surface when repeat news against surgical strikes and Pakistan this and Pakistan that crop up to boost up approval ratings among the majority target population ...
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #3390
Crazyguru94

Likes (Received): 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatm View Post
In cases like these, it is important to note what the public prosecutor was doing. Judges only decide the case based on the merit of the arguments provided to them. It is not a stretch to speculate about the prosecutor here considering he is a govt. appointee.
Crazyguru94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #3391
karthikarthik

Likes (Received): 306

One of my friend went to a doctor for numbness in his legs. Doctor prescribed an anti-epileptic drug and advised him to take the same in the morning. After taking the drug he felt sleepy while driving and unable to control his car hit a two wheeler driving in front of him. He admitted his mistake and helped the victim. My friend complained the same to the doctor about his drowsiness now the doctor changed his tablet.

Even though he is one of the top doctor in Chennai, he is not aware of the side effects of the medicine. It is the Dr's duty to advice the patient on medication.

If any medication is prescribed to you, please do some research on web to avoid this kind of complications.