daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: How many tiers should the new Curva Sud have?
One 132 48.00%
Two 67 24.36%
Three 76 27.64%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 31st, 2012, 02:02 PM   #101
robbery4774

Likes (Received): 11

60.000 not a bit too much for a club like Roma?
Anyway i think it is a good thing for the Seria A!
robbery4774 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM   #102
LucianPopa1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbery4774 View Post
60.000 not a bit too much for a club like Roma?
Anyway i think it is a good thing for the Seria A!
Its spot on for AS Roma.The attendances in Italy are small because of the crappy stadiums-lots have athletics tracks and no roofs,and are not modern at all.Roma has 40K attendances lately,but they had 50-60K around 2000.And that was on Olimpico.Roma can sell 50K tickets each game on a brand new football only stadium.They're a big club.
LucianPopa1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:27 PM   #103
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2725

+ i think pay TV is cheaper than stadium tickets?!?!

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:32 PM   #104
LucianPopa1000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
+ i think pay TV is cheaper than stadium tickets?!?!
that too.People always say italians have small attendances but that is mostly because of the bad stadium.Im pretty sure if Italy had the stadiums in Germany or UK they would sell 35-40k on avg too.Thats why i would give a world cup in the future to the italians,to help them develop,revamp their stadiums.New stadiums work wonders for all teams and leagues.Look how much the german league has grown in strength mainly because of their stadiums.
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:01 PM   #105
okulaja

Likes (Received): 0

okulaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #106
Jericho-79

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalYid View Post
When completed and hopefully with new rail transportation, it will be a better location than the Stadio Olimpico which can be difficult for Romans to get too, also the neighborhoods aren't so nice.
I was at Stadio Olimpico for a U2 concert, and I didn't see anything bad about the area surrounding it.
Jericho-79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #107
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10830

Historically Roma have had 55k season averages, so I think this is a good figure. As the stadium new is not an athletics stadium anymore and provided the team does well, I think they won't have problems filling it to over 90% over the season.
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM   #108
carnifex2005

Likes (Received): 1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
Historically Roma have had 55k season averages, so I think this is a good figure. As the stadium new is not an athletics stadium anymore and provided the team does well, I think they won't have problems filling it to over 90% over the season.
Roma has only averaged over 50k twice in the last 10 years. Most of the time they are in the 35k to 40k range. Basically if Roma is a championship team or near to the championship they will be fine.
carnifex2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:57 PM   #109
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 15886

60,000 seems to be the magic number for many clubs now. Inter Milan, Chelsea, West Ham, whilst other clubs like Liverpool and Man City are looking to expand the capacity of their stadiums to 60,000. Even Tottenham's new stadium may get bumped back up to 60,000.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:26 PM   #110
LucianPopa1000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
60,000 seems to be the magic number for many clubs now. Inter Milan, Chelsea, West Ham, whilst other clubs like Liverpool and Man City are looking to expand the capacity of their stadiums to 60,000. Even Tottenham's new stadium may get bumped back up to 60,000.
First of all Inter,Milan or Chelsea should built 70-75k imo.Look at Bayern,who regret building only a 66k stadium,they should have went for 75k.Arsenal also find 60k too little,should have went for 70k.Juve built only 40K and find it too small,should have went for at lest 50 K.Liverpool should go for at least 65-70k.
60k is a bad capacity.Its midway between the necessary cap to host Champs Lge final (65-70k) and cap to host Europa Lge final(50k).Its also too small to host a world cup semifinal,and too small for a euro final.Dumb capacity.Really big clubs should try and build at least 65-70K.Europa lge clubs like roma,spurs.... should go for the 60k figure.The bigger capacities the better.Money from tickets can make a avg team able to compete with the big boys.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:54 PM   #111
RMB2007

Not an easy thing to achieve here in the UK, though. Just gettin' a new stadium or expanding an existing one normally faces major issues with residents objecting, whilst local authorities tend to put restrictions on things like the capacity.
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:52 AM   #112
Harry1990

Likes (Received): 45

On the point on romas capicity think its a smart idea getting a smaller but more importantly atmosperic ground as a player must be no worse feeling thsn playing in front of 30 thousand seats. And as for chelsea filling 75 thousand you serious ? They have no season ticket waiting list it would be beyond stupid to go that big , and no its a small point but as a matter of principle tottenham are the chanpions league team they finished 4th last season its only uefa being corrupt and gutless we arent playing we should. Also think some people think its easy to construct massive grounds in cities like london rome etc without factoring in area, cost transport links
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:54 AM   #113
Harry1990

Likes (Received): 45

Hope they play the italian six nation games there , havent heard what there doing in the staidio flamino yet ?
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM   #114
LucianPopa1000
BANNED

I was talking more about Inter and Milan when i said 70-75K.Chelsea should/could sell 60K.Not much more.I included Tottenham at Europa Lge clubs because that is where u play.U only played once in the CL,ur by no means a regular team in CL.Sorry for that,but its the true.I would also like you to play in CL ahead of Arsenal,but usually they pip you to the 4th spot.Lets talk about Roma now.Enough talk about attendances and expectations ....
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:42 AM   #115
flashman

Likes (Received): 210

Chelsea = Boutique club. They're like Fulham with money. But none of the class or decorum.

This looks like a perfect move for Roma. Look at how well Juve's new ground has worked out. Just hope the Sensi comes with a medical clinic for pulling out all the daggers their Ultras stick in people's backsides.
flashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM   #116
RustyBuckeye

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
AS Roma

What's funny is that we often build stadiums with a Greco-Roman architecture look to it, but the Romans build something that looks very futuristic, like it's out of a science fiction movie. LOL
RustyBuckeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM   #117
Fab87
Dietrich von Welschbern

Likes (Received): 7153

thats the old project though
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:53 PM   #118
SoCalYid

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS20 View Post
60k is probably too much. Stick with the 55k figure, even though thats probably too high as well.

Without knowing anything about Rome, the locations looks horrible compared to Olimpico. How many people can realistically get to that location from the East and North?
- Rome isn't Turin, it's a major city.

- The Stadio Olimpico isn't in the best area to draw Romans.

- Many Roma fans simply don't go to matches due to the difficulties with attending matches, the location is part of the problem.

- The policing of the area, is difficult and response times for police away from football is substandard. It's close to the Vatican which around that area has a high crime rate.

- At the stadium there's poor facilities, no merchandising and a leaky roof.

- Crowd control is an issue, which has the effect of making football matches less family friendly, which is a problem for all of Italy.

- It's hard for Roma fans, casual fans and even neutrals to go to Rome matches because of restrictive policies like Tessera del Tifoso. Which was a harsh measure to help control the fans, which is a direct result of lack of facilities.

- Rome still has the ability to draw 60k. Also being Rome it would be negligent to build a stadium under 55k because of all the events you can host. With a new stadium the idea is to make the experience better going to matches. A lot of Romanisti I know don't go to matches because the it's a hassle, dangerous and when you're there it's not comfortable. The appetite for football in Rome is still there, people just watch football on TV.

- For Pallotta and his crew the goal has to be to market themselves to all Romans as the premier club. The potential market share in Rome is much larger than clubs in England, especially considering Lazio's negative press.

- Transport links will be built to go along with the stadium. It wouldn't be hard to make this stadium more accessible to Romans than the Stadio Olimpico. Rome as a city is more similar to LA than New York, a lot of the people live in suburbs and for those in the city it wouldn't be difficult to get to matches.

A stadium in that location is a good base to work off, not to mention it's close to Trigoria. There's a location closer to the city, but in a better area that would have been ideal but Tor Di Valle is probably the best location where all parties could agree.

My biggest concern doesn't have to do with drawing fans, accessibility, or even financing. I think we'll be fine in all those areas. The biggest issue is that we're building a major stadium in Rome (which could have non-football related infrastructure). Tor Di Valle is where they do horse racing at the Ippodromo. It's located inside the old city walls. It's been populated since Ancient Rome.

In Rome there's always that risk of starting a project digging a couple feet under the ground and a Roman piss-pot being unearthed which shuts down the build until all said piss-pots are removed from the ground. That area isn't as risky as other options north but it's in the Old City walls so there's always the risk. Also given the scale of the build that risk is increased.

Last edited by SoCalYid; January 1st, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
SoCalYid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM   #119
RMB2007

Any idea when the renders will be released, SoCalYid?
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #120
SoCalYid

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Any idea when the renders will be released, SoCalYid?
I have no idea.

They were already supposed to be out and this announcement was projected to happen in Fall. Maybe in a couple months seeing that they are a couple months behind projections.
SoCalYid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
rome