SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Stadium food

45K views 93 replies 47 participants last post by  RMB2007 
#1 ·
A lot has been talked about the food of stadiums but last* time I checked, there isn't a thread about it. Now I know this isn't strictly a thread about stadiums but there's a thread about marching bands here so it doesn't seem to matter.

Which stadiums have awesome food? Can people from around the world tell us about the grub that's served there? What's the best stadium for a good feed? What kind of stalls do stadiums have, and what kind of food do they serve (pics good here)? Food in stadiums varies a lot, even by sport within the same nation, see the US, so it's not a simple matter of going through the countries.

I'll start off and say that the two stadiums I frequent the most: the mcg and etihad stadium have lame food options. Mostly provided by a general food service provider, mostly overpriced chips, hotdogs, mini pizzas (dominos) burgers. Not great, the stuff outside the ground is often the same (dim sims, burgers, chips, potato cakes etc.). No-one would be happy to eat there, and are forced to because the company knows they have a captive audience. I can't find a pic on google which IMO says something.

Anyway, does anyone have better stories to tell?

* = today, a brief scan. If there is one, I apologise.

See less See more
#43 ·
ugh - I enjoy craft beer - but some of those would be absolutely dreadful to drink sitting outside in the sun for hours. maybe it's different in other parts of the country... but I could not fathom drinking a stout or an IPA outdoors in Florida. to each their own. That said, it is nice to see that ballparks are expanding out from just having Coors, or Bud, or Whatever. Perhaps they finally realized they were missing huge sales opportunities by not carrying good beers. :cheers:

#63 ·
Agreed, but at evening games at least there should be something that passes as acceptable cuisine. Our pies stick to the tin, the burgers are as cheap as possible and cheeseburgers very rarely available and the hot dog buns are wet from condensation from being kept warm in the bag.

Horrid ways to treat customers!
Glasgow clubs could make a killing (!) selling these:

#57 ·
Agreed, but at evening games at least there should be something that passes as acceptable cuisine. Our pies stick to the tin, the burgers are as cheap as possible and cheeseburgers very rarely available and the hot dog buns are wet from condensation from being kept warm in the bag.

Horrid ways to treat customers!

#71 ·
Romanian pancakes with chocolate (clătite) - they can also be filled with cheese and raising, honey and nut, marmalade, fruits and everything + topping

Romanian doughnut (gogoși) - simple or with chocolate, marmalade, etc (topping or no topping)

famous "papanași"

shawarma (șaorma)

famous "mici" or "mititei" with moustard (beer is necessary) - IMO you should totally try this in the US, it is something special and original, unique recipe

#72 ·
Looks like the crickets are a hit!

Mariners imposing order limit on popular toasted grasshoppers

After surprisingly selling out of grasshoppers at a concession stand for the first three games of the season, the Seattle Mariners have called in an emergency order so that they last throughout this weekend. The team is also imposing a per-game order limit for the rest of the season.

Mariners spokeswoman Rebecca Hale told ESPN that the team sold 901 orders of the insects over the first three home games. The grasshoppers are toasted in a chili lime salt and come in a four-ounce cup for $4.

"We've sold roughly 18,000 grasshoppers," Hale said. "That's more than the restaurant [that runs the stand], Poquitos, sells in a year."

Poquitos is one of the new concession stands at Safeco Field this season as a part of the Mariners' and concessionaire Centerplate's strategy to add more of a local flair.