SkyscraperCity Forum banner

FERIZAJ

210K views 509 replies 86 participants last post by  Llapi 1 
#1 ·
The city of Ferizaj is located 40 kilometers south of the capital city Prishtina.

Ferizaj's Population is 150,000:

Here are some pictures of the city:

The picture above has been taken from the building below. The city center is a square surrounded by buildings.

One thing i dont like about the city is because the train route to Skopje runs through the middle of the city. There is plant to elevate the whole route, so that it does not block the traffic that frequently. It is also responsible for many deaths annually.

Relegious objects:

business district of the city:

See less See more
#3 ·
An interesting thing to note:

Last summer when i was there the place marked with red was empty, as shown in this picture:

However in this picture from February 2006, there seems to be a bran new building there, as shown in this picture:

#15 ·
Here is a few more pictures of the city:
Thats the City Hall:
thats where i also got my Kosovo citizenship card:)

A view of the city from a hill nearby: In this hill where the picture is taken is alo the TMK base. In the past this was a base for the Yugoslav military.
In the distance you can see the factory that produces large metal tubes.
At one point it was at its full producing strength, now people choose to use cement made tubes for their canals, and as a result the factory barely functions:

This is ferizaj at night:

#16 ·
First of all the reason why i choose not to call Ferizaj, Urosevac is because like every city in Kosovo, all the names were imposed upon them, and did not satisfy the majority of the population. Plus thats the name i have used all my life, and one even bigger reason, its becuase it is the official name of the city:

Anyways:
Kommandant Mark said:
150.000...lol.
The population of Urosevac is no more than 40.000;)
The city probably has more people than that: I was talking about the whole municipality which consists of 40 villages and 4 subtowns
1)Kacanik
2)Elez Han
3)Shtime
4)Lipjan

It is also one of the 7 major citis in Kosovo: