SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2030 FIFA World Cup - Argentina, Morocco, Paraguay, Portugal, Spain & Uruguay

1M views 4K replies 265 participants last post by  Quimet87 
#1 · (Edited)
Now this one is Going to be Special since it will commemorate the 100 years of WC... Asia and South America. assuming that this WC will be a 40 teams based

Potential Bids

1- Uruguay
2- Chile
3- China
4- UAE

-------------------------------
i am interested in UAE potential Bid

1- United Arab Emirates

Cities:
1. Abu Dhabi
2. Dubai
3. Sharjah
4. Al-Ain
5. Fujairah
6. Ajman
7. Umm Al-Qwain
8. Ras Al-Khaimah

Host City Population Language Expected (Population by 2020)-Time Zone

Abu Dhabi 1,420,000 (2012)Arabic, English- 2,500,000 UTC+04:00
Dubai 2,214,000 (2013)Arabic, English- 3,500,000 UTC+04:00
Sharjah 946,000 (2013) Arabic, English- 1,120,000 UTC+04:00
Al-Ain 631,000 (2012) Arabic, English- 880,000 UTC+04:00
Fujairah 192,000 (2013) Arabic, English- 210,000 UTC+04:00
Ajman 237,000 (2009) Arabic, English- 290,000 UTC+04:00
Ras Al-Khaimah (231,000) 2010 Arabic, English- 280,000 UTC+04:00
Umm Al-Quwain (70,000) 2013 Arabic, English- 100,000 UTC+04:00
Total:14,000,000 Million by 2020 and 20 Million by 2030

Stadiums
: 14

1.Abu Dhabi: 4 Stadiums

1-Zayed Sports City Stadium 43,000 expanded to 85,000
2-Baniyas Stadium( Baniyas SC) 10,000 expanded to 40,000
3-Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium(Al Jazira SC) 42,056 expanded to 55,000
4-Al-Nahyan Stadium( Al Wahda SC) 12,000 expanded to 45,000

2. Dubai: 4 Stadiums

Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium( alShabab FC) 18,000 expanded to 45,000
Zabeel Stadium(al Wasel fc)18,000 expanded to 55,000
Al-Maktoum Stadium (al Naser fc)12,000 expanded to 47,000
Rashid Stadium (alAhili fc) 12,000 expanded to 65,000

3.Sharjah: 1 Stadium

Sharjah FC Stadium
45,000 (New Build)

4.Al-Ain
Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium (Al-Ain fc) 25,000 expanded to 55,000

5.Fujairah
Fujairah Club Stadium
41,000 (New Build)

6.Ajman
Ajman Stadium
(New Build) 42,000

7.Ras Al-Khaimah
Emirates Club Stadium
(New Build) 45,000

8.Umm Al-Quwain
Al-Arabi Club Stadium
(New Build) 37,000

Venue-specific team hotels and venue-specific training sites

Each City will be a base for 40 teams in total :

AD: 10 teams with their clusters
Dubai: 10 Teams
RAK: 4 Teams
Ajman:3 Teams
UMQ: 3 Teams
FUJ: 3 Teams
SHJ: 3 Teams
ALA: 4 Teams

Accommodation (Hotel Numbers) estimations

2013: 2020: 2030:

AD: 113 AD: 350 AD: 550
DBI: 550 DBI: 1000 DBI: 1500
SHJ: 68 SHJ: 150 SHJ: 250
ALA: 15 ALA: 40 ALA: 110
RAK: 26 RAK: 50 RAK: 150
UMQ: 10 UMQ: 30 UMQ: 70
FUJ: 17 FUJ: 50 FUJ: 150
AJM: 22 AJM: 50 AJM: 80

Distance:

City DBI AD SHJ ALA RAK FUJ AJM UMQ
AD 120 KM 1,2 HR ----- ------ 184 KM 1,2 HR
DBI ---- ------- 120 KM 1,2 HR 55 KM 36 mnts
SHJ 55 KM 36 mnts 184 KM 2 HR ------ ------
ALA 145 km 1,35 HR 161 KM 1,4 HR 120 KM
RAK 132 KM 1,20 HR 250 KM 2,30 HR 96 KM
UMQ 88 KM 1 HR 205 KM 2 HR 38KM
FUJ 140 KM 1,20 HR 256 KM 2,45 HR 113KM
AJM 65 KM 45 mnts 182 KM 2 HR 25KM

Transportation

Air

DXB: 90 M PAX by 2019 connected with more than 200+ cities
AUH: 35 M PAX by 2025 connected with more than 120+ cities
SHJ: 20 M PAX by 2030 connected with more than 70+ cities
DWC: 120 M PAX by 2050

Bus
Inter City Buses System (operational)

Car
Taxi and Driving (Maximum Driving distance is 4 Hours with the traffic)

Rail
2018-2019 Rail Passenger Transportation Available between the 7 Emirates

Metro and Tram
Dubai : Metro and Tram Lines
Abu Dhabi: by 2020
Sharjah: by 2025

Climate

June and July

Dubai and AbuDhabi : Avg is 42 C
Northern Emirates : Avg is 35 C (RAK and FUJ)
SHJ, UMQ, AJM: Avg is 42 C
Al-Ain: 35 C

* Tourists Have Visited UAE in the Summer Season around 4 Millions (May to Sept) in the 7 Emirates 2013 * HOT WEATHER not a problem :p according to tourism Dept in UAE

Air Conditioned Stadiums
is already operational in some stadiums and will develop this idea to Fan bases and Squares will maintain the degree around 25 C

Football Legacy
all of the stadiums will be used by clubs unlike qatar

Alcohol & Dress Code
Available in bars and Night Clubs and no Enforced rules over what to wear and unlike qatar UAE is an open country nothing more than couple of printed rules over malls doors on what to wear......

Human Rights and Workers

Way Much better than Qatar and the rules have significantly changed over the past 4 years and still changing

Israel & Gay Rights

Not a Major Problem and can be solved :cheers:

Media and Communications

one of the best TV Network in the MENA area and they have 2 Telecommunication Companies DU and Etisalat

Previous Sporting Events
A lot of Major Sporting Events hosted by the country and more to come

EXPO 2020

will show the power of this nation in hosting a big events and if ever countered a problem will be fixed ...

Please don't talk about:
1. Gay rights (a very old card)

See less See more
#354 · (Edited)
One day before the Friendship match between Spain and Argentina, some delegates of the Argentinean Federation visited the Argentina ambassy in Madrid and there some new details came out about the bid itself.
Argentina: Monumental de Nuñez , Presidente Perón (Racing Avellaneda), Gigante de Arroyito (Rosário), Estádio Único de La Plata, Estádio Malvinas Argentinas (Mendoza), Estádio Bicentenário de San Juan, Estádio Único de Vila Mercedes (San Luís)
Uruguay: Centenário e Campeón del Siglo (Peñarol)
Paraguay: Estádio Defensores del Chaco e General Pablo Rojas (Cerro Porteño).

All matches in Paraguay and Uruguay will be hosted on the capitals (Assunción and Montevideo).
Only 1 stadium in Buenos Aires. Velez Sarsfield stadium, which hosted WC 1978, and Bombonera out of the bid

#355 ·
Well, Racing is probably seen as second stadium in Buenos Aires, world capital of football having one stadium only is improbable. Bombonera can hardly meet FIFA standards, even after eventual rebuild, an no Velez is real surprise for me.

But the biggest surprise is one stadium each for Paraguay and Uruguay, I was expecting two.

But whatever they offer, that doesn't matter. 2030 World Cup is coming to Europe :colgate:

#357 ·
I just love the idea of the Centenario getting a proper World Cup opening just 100 years later. Preferably a special match between Uruguay and Argentina, with adidas producing two balls for each half-time, a Tango version for Argentina and a Centenario for Uruguay. :)

#359 ·
Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay agree on 2030 World Cup bid

Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay have agreed on 12 cities where they want to host the centenary World Cup in 2030.

The Argentine Football Association said on Monday the plan would grant eight cities to Argentina and two each for Paraguay and Uruguay. The names of the cities were not disclosed.

Bidding is not due to open for another four years but leaders of all three national bodies say they want to make a joint bid.
AP

#362 ·
2026 → USA
2030 → al-Maghrib
2034 → Zhongguo
2038 → Europe somewhere
2042 → Mexico or Colombia

I think, 2026 is to soon for al-Maghrib, because they have to develop a better infrastructure first. Also a WC in an arabic country right after a WC in an arabic country isnt diverse enough in my opinion. So let the US with their new stadiums do that first. 2034 Zhongguo after they gained more relevance in football with their league and with their national team. Enough time to renew their big stadiums in Shanghai and so on. After that its time for a western Europe WC again, Italia or Espana/Portugal. And after that back to central/sout America. =)

#363 ·
Good choices except I would do China instead of Zhongquo. :lol:

And I'm afraid that North Africa is more than 12 years out.

One noteworthy aspect of the east Asian countries that are now in position to host major international events (Japan, China, Korea) is that for decades they saved and invested in intellectual and technical infrastructure, not fun and games. In North Africa the human and technical infrastructure (say, medical centers or technical schools) is basically not even started yet.

#374 ·

MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay — Uruguay may demolish the historic Centenario stadium as part of its bid to host the 2030 World Cup. The country's sports secretary Fernando Caceres told The Associated Press on Thursday that six different projects were being considered, from remodeling the venue to knocking it down and building a new one. The Centenario was built in 1930 to host the first World Cup. Uruguay is bidding with Argentina and Paraguay to stage the 2030 edition. In all six projects the existing 100-meter tower would be maintained, as a tribute to Uruguayan teams that won the gold medals at the 1924 and 1928 Olympics. Caceres said the Centenario "cannot resist any longer because its maintenance is very costly and is not adapted to modern sporting entertainment." He did, however, say that demolishing the stadium would shock Uruguayans because of its symbolic value.

The stadium hosts Uruguay matches and also games for the two biggest clubs in the country, Penarol and Nacional. Those two teams, however, don't play there so often these days. Caceres said up to $300 million could be invested for a new Centenario and a decision on a new project could be made within four months.

#376 ·
Cœur;147382533 said:

MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay — Uruguay may demolish the historic Centenario stadium as part of its bid to host the 2030 World Cup. The country's sports secretary Fernando Caceres told The Associated Press on Thursday that six different projects were being considered, from remodeling the venue to knocking it down and building a new one. The Centenario was built in 1930 to host the first World Cup. Uruguay is bidding with Argentina and Paraguay to stage the 2030 edition. In all six projects the existing 100-meter tower would be maintained, as a tribute to Uruguayan teams that won the gold medals at the 1924 and 1928 Olympics. Caceres said the Centenario "cannot resist any longer because its maintenance is very costly and is not adapted to modern sporting entertainment." He did, however, say that demolishing the stadium would shock Uruguayans because of its symbolic value.

The stadium hosts Uruguay matches and also games for the two biggest clubs in the country, Penarol and Nacional. Those two teams, however, don't play there so often these days. Caceres said up to $300 million could be invested for a new Centenario and a decision on a new project could be made within four months.
I have been to Centenario, and I was surprised how modern it actually is, talking about wide spaces for emergency exits and great seating. and of course those concrete chairs are unique ... would be a crime to remove them completely! I sincerely hope they are going to make a smart decission!

#377 ·
can you believe that UEFA will allow 2 successive WC so far from Europe at the seem time zone ?
2026 in North America / 2030 in South America ?

I don't believe so ..

What will happen is, if United get 2026, Morocco will comeback strongly for 2030 (as 2030 edition will be opened for Europe, Africa, Comnebol)

and may be we will see a bid from europe (individual or joint)
or even a joint bid from Morocco / Spain / Portugal, to mark the century with a WC hosted in 2 continents with a strong bid based on important and modern infrastructures ... (those continents have already more than 103 of votes)

So, I think the decision of Comnebol to back United is good only for North americans ... and put much risk on Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay ...

in reverse, they can negociate backing Morocco for 2026 and have the african bulk (54 votes) + some european + middle east and what Maorocco can provide as support

the Comnebol are only 10 votes, may be that can not have as much heavy when Morocco has already real bulk standinh behind ...

My point is that Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay have to negociate 2026 in order to seecure 2030

#379 ·
can you believe that UEFA will allow 2 successive WC so far from Europe at the seem time zone ?
2026 in North America / 2030 in South America ?

I don't believe so ..
I've got no beef in this, however, if FIFA is going to leave the bids completely open each round (as opposed to mandating a geographic rotation) then this possibility is clearly okay and a risk to happen now and again. Considering your proposal would feature back-to-back events in the region of northern Africa I would suggest your theory is borderline hypocritical.

Having 2 back-to-back events in the Americas would not be the end of civilization.

#381 ·
Another way to look at it is that UEFA will be hosting this year's event, Qatar '22 will be practically at UEFA's doorstep and a Morocco '26 event would make it 3 times in a row the world has had to cater to UEFA. (And Morocco is using access to UEFA nations as a huge selling point.)

All this does is again illustrate why FIFA should have some policy about circulation of the event, so as to minimize the potential for political trading of bids.

#384 ·
The problem FIFA found with continental rotation was that there simply wasn't enough competition. It didn't leave them with options. Pure continental rotation would also leave huge gaps between World Cups in places which care most about football and have multiple capable host nations.

The system they came up which prevented a nation bidding if either of the previous two world cups were on its continent was the best compromise. That's sort of what we've still got, by hook or by crook.

As for politics, it's up to FIFA to control what's going on and run the bid process well. But they've not had much experience of that in recent years so it's no surprise they're struggling to keep things on an even keel.

#385 ·
I join your opinion
Open bid is good
but that means also that there is a danger over "Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay" 2030 bid, if north america get 2026.

because in 2030, we can have many bids (including Morocco that I suspect will comeback again with another bid, may be as that initial joint bid with Spain and Portugal, and have in the occasion a huge support from europe and africa)

So, if "Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay" want to secure 2030, they have to negociaite their support, and not givin' it to north america FOR FREE

#393 · (Edited)
Good luck, Gunner. :lol:

The problem is that the same issues are there every time that you have aggressive political blocs who don't care about revenues or operating the WC properly AS A WHOLE, but have politics and local interests as their primary goals. This just invites mutual back-scratching to the detriment of the organization as a whole.

The decision has to be made by the managing board, based on a proposal from senior administrators under advice from financial and technical people who back-up their advice with numbers and analysis. The way ANY modern large organization works.

This works because the board and administrators can weigh the pros and cons of regional diversity, short-term economic benefits, long-term strategy, security, etc. Looking at some form of "rotation" or "modified rotation" needlessly hamstrings management.

The Olympics has the basic idea down pretty well and is now cleaning up the system to help bidders get into position where they will actually develop quality bids.

#390 ·
Prospective Wembley owner Khan wants 2030 World Cup bid

Prospective Wembley owner Shahid Khan wants to host 2030 World Cup matches and has assured the English Football Association the national stadium can remain the centerpiece of major tournaments if the sale is completed.

England has been exploring a bid for the 2030 centenary World Cup but is yet to say if it will challenge the early applicant from maiden host Uruguay, which has launched a joint campaign with Argentina and Paraguay.

Khan told The Associated Press that “very preliminary talks” have been held with the FA about bidding for the FIFA tournament. The 90,000-capacity Wembley, which would be required for the final, is already due to host seven games at the continent-wide European Championship in 2020, including the last three games. England is also vying to host the Women’s European Championship in 2021.
AP

#391 ·
Meh. He's throwing that out simply for the publicity. "See! I'm all for English football! Bring on the World Cup!!" He'd be wise at this point to simply sit back and let the FA manage the bid for Wembley and any publicity about a WC in England.

#394 ·
Maybe a bit more than that.

I suspect buy-in exists from the NLF and other sports leagues, team owners, media giants and serious investors, who are looking beyond football and soccer toward entertainment more broadly. The buzz now-a-days is to control the total package: venue, entertainment modality (sport, concert, exhibition, etc.), marketing and licensing approach, spin-offs, etc.

Ideally, each of these will have immediate world name recognition and help sell the total product.

#396 ·
It has always been a politicised system rather than one with the best interests of the World Cup and FIFA in mind. Almost inevitable when people are bidding on the basis of national ego. That Qatar won with all the problems that causes including upsetting the national egos of their neighbours just proves it.

#397 ·
I think before a vote of 205 FAs, the Executive Committee should have, say, a 35% vote; and then 65 FAs would be picked out of a hat; and then only have those random 65 vote. It would be entirely by luck -- but it would be fairer (and shorter and quicker) vote all around, if continental rotation will not be respected. That would kill the unequal bloc-voting nearly entirely.

#401 ·
I think before a vote of 205 FAs, the Executive Committee should have, say, a 35% vote; and then 65 FAs would be picked out of a hat; and then only have those random 65 vote. It would be entirely by luck -- but it would be fairer (and shorter and quicker) vote all around, if continental rotation will not be respected. That would kill the unequal bloc-voting nearly entirely.[/QUOTE

Unnecessarily complicated. A couple of regional reps as non-voting board members is OK but nothing beyond that. I have no reason to believe they would be either objective or competent.

After all, does Apple's board need my input (I am a very minor shareholder)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.