search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments

Offshore Developments Dubai's offshore projects including Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deira, Palm Jebel Ali and The Waterfront

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:48 PM   #7981
Gabriel900

Likes (Received): 15183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbo View Post
Have they started rebuilding the structure at the bottom of the trunk in the centre (between Azure and Omniyat)?

I don't remember that ever being higher than the roads that go past it, it's still a hole in the ground on Google Maps.
Lookin at the HD pic of it, it looks like a cooling plant nothing major! It would be nice if Nakheel did build their Palm Tower here instead of above the mall! I mean I am not sure how happy the residence of all frond private villas would be about a 240m tower above their heads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and all
or
follow with us the progress of Dubai new tallest Megatall
~

Check out the plot maps I worked on for
and

Rebirth of the Phoenix ~~~
~~~

Munwon, Emarati2009 liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #7982
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Likes (Received): 106

I took this out of a sequence I filmed 2 weeks ago. Not clear what this is, but it looks like a technical building.

getroy, Gabriel900, Emarati2009, The-King liked this post
Josau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #7983
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 3717

Despite the highway surrounding the plot, why would you waste such a piece of land for a cooling plant right at the entrance of the palm? It's like building a huge cooling plant in front of the Eiffel Tower... I don't get it

CrazyDave liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #7984
Gabriel900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
I don't get it
That is my sentiment exactly on most of what Nakheel did and is doing still
and all
or
~

and

~~~
Old June 5th, 2016, 11:51 AM   #7985
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 3717

Here I am again: It may sound like a weird idea at first, but wouldn't it be perfect for the sake of the growing traffic to build additional bridges at the ends of the crescent - or to avoid destroying the appearance of the palm from above, build tunnels instead? It wouldn't only relieve the bridge to the Atlantis Hotel, but also the one at the entrance. Additionally, the hotels at the end of the crescent would be more sought after, since you have a way shorter distance to the Marina..

Gabriel900, DubaiDunk, BinSuroor liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #7986
Gabriel900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Here I am again: It may sound like a weird idea at first, but wouldn't it be perfect for the sake of the growing traffic to build additional bridges at the ends of the crescent - or to avoid destroying the appearance of the palm from above, build tunnels instead? It wouldn't only relieve the bridge to the Atlantis Hotel, but also the one at the entrance. Additionally, the hotels at the end of the crescent would be more sought after, since you have a way shorter distance to the Marina..
That would be nice it will definitely help BUT the underwater tunnel you are proposing to connect the Palm crescent with the Marina is a very very bad idea! Marina is suffering already from traffic and making it another entrance and exit to the Palm will only make it worse.

Since we are brainstorming, and since the idea of underwater tunnels will cost alot no matter what, I would suggest building 2 tunnels either from the mid section of the trunk or directly from the entrance of Palm connecting it to crescent as seen bellow. Personally I think the Palm's only issue is the distance to the crescent's tips but then again, it is destined to be a luxurious destination only aimed for the elite of society.

and all
or
~

and

~~~
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:43 AM   #7987
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 169

Or just charge non residents and non facility visitors a large fee. Keep gawkers away or take the monorail.

Its time Dubai start changing habits not enlarging them. I had to go for diner in the sofitel a few weeks back and the amount of cars just double parked close to the Atlantis is causing a massive issue. Clearly they are not hear to stay at the hotel so they bring no business or value to PJ.

You can park your car at the trunk parking take the monorail and take your picture just as well. If not pay a surcharge fee like you would in London ...

What do you think?

DkyDky liked this post
ostendadler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:57 PM   #7988
kony

Likes (Received): 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
You can park your car at the trunk parking take the monorail and take your picture just as well. If not pay a surcharge fee like you would in London ...

What do you think?
why not BUT it would need to increase both frequency and capacity of the monorail...because i noticed frequency is like 1 every 15 or 20 min...way too little

and it seems the monorail is not able to go 2 opposite directions at same time...or maybe i'm wrong i never saw 2 monorails meeting themselves...hence it's probably one single track (and not 2 monorails track next to each other)

Gabriel900 liked this post
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 01:27 AM   #7989
Gabriel900

Obviously the southern edge of the trunk have a theme ... maybe they should call it the "U-District"

and all
or
~

and

~~~
Old June 14th, 2016, 11:47 AM   #7990
malte.geierhos

Likes (Received): 59

I think at least one bridge would have already proper access bridges in place... The bridge from one and only towards skydive Dubai - the bridges are there and end in mid air.
malte.geierhos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #7991
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malte.geierhos View Post
I think at least one bridge would have already proper access bridges in place... The bridge from one and only towards skydive Dubai - the bridges are there and end in mid air.
If you want to create a traffic nightmare you'll do just this: connect the "bridge to nowhere" in the Marina with the crescent of the Palm. Not a good idea imho
Old June 14th, 2016, 08:39 PM   #7992
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 36

Agreed, to access Atlantis, Paradise Island Bahamas a fee is charged to access the island via a bridge; residents of the island have a decal. If locals or non-guests want to see the underwater exhibits a fee is also charged, so those visiting the island are there to spend quality time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
Or just charge non residents and non facility visitors a large fee. Keep gawkers away or take the monorail.

Its time Dubai start changing habits not enlarging them. I had to go for diner in the sofitel a few weeks back and the amount of cars just double parked close to the Atlantis is causing a massive issue. Clearly they are not hear to stay at the hotel so they bring no business or value to PJ.

What do you think?

- your daily source for the best in world travel, architecture/design, green living, style, people and so much more.
A.U.S. arch. Student no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:40 AM   #7993
Josau
It's show time, folks!

I agree to the above however, you cannot compare the situation in Nassau to the one in Dubai. In Nassau the only attraction on Paradise Island is the Atlantis. In Dubai, there are many attractions and businesses on the Palm and I believe a fee would kill their business. Also, Dubai's intention seems to be to make this a very public place for everyone to enjoy, even just people who want to go for a walk on the board walk and maybe just buy an ice cream cone or maybe even buy and consume nothing. I am all in for this, it is very honorable, but the traffic situation must be addressed for this scenario.
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #7994
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Agreed with your point however there's still a very large volume of people who go on the Palm and don't spend a time in any of the restaurants or hotels. They just snail on the left lane and just gawk.

Make the monorail (great again) work with a faster cycle and let people park at the bottom parking. The two malls will be accessible via transportation or if you spend there you'll wave the fee.

You will only pay if you are just here to congest the area.

PS: The outside arch road is starting to be really busted!

CopyLeft liked this post
ostendadler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2016, 12:05 PM   #7995
Gabriel900

As you can see below, Muraba, Palm first, Arenco & Azizi Breeze are all well under construction on the crescent

Juan Louis Salinas
and all
or
~

and

~~~

firoz bharmal, Emarati2009 liked this post
Old August 22nd, 2016, 03:41 PM   #7996
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

The paved road on the outside road really isn't liking all the heavy duty trucks ... !

Tags
artificial island, dubai, island, united arab emirates