daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old December 4th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #1
Alvin

Likes (Received): 26

The Jakarta MONORAIL Thread

Post all Jakarta Monorail related news and construction pics here, I think this project deserves its own thread

All info posted below are from http://www.i-transitcentral.co.id/

Jakarta Monorail

THE PROJECT:
EAST-WEST PROJECT:
PHASE I : JAKARTA CORRIDOR

The area around and including, Jakarta is known as Jabotabek, the name deriving from the first letter of constituent cities of Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang and Bekasi. The initial plan is to have a modern, elevated light rail system known as Automated People Mover (APM) connection from east to west of Jabotabek area, starting from the east; i.e. Cikarang (District of Bekasi) to Bekasi City, to Jakarta and then to the west to Tangerang. The total length from east to west is estimated 70 kilometer.

The project is planned for 3 (Three) Phases i.e.:
Phase I : Jakarta Corridor (27Km)
- Stage I : Green Line (14Km)
- Stage II : Blue Line (13Km)
Phase II : Jakarta to Bekasi and Cikarang (18-30 Km)
Phase III : Jakarta to Tangerang ang Karawaci (16-25 Km)

Jakarta is treated as a separate administrative area, with a special status of a provenience (or level I local authority) as the capital or Ibukota. Since the main concentration of people movement centered in Jakarta, it is important to establish the system in Jakarta first in Phase I before building the network connection to East an West of Jakarta. The total trip within Jakarta Area in year 2001 was estimated at 9 million trip per day where the trip from east – west of Jakarta was estimated at 2 million trip per day (CTS), (2003). The proposal of Jakarta corridor which consist of 2 lines of services is intended to solve some of the transportation problems in the corridor.

Bogor and Bekasi is in the province of West Java and Tangerang is recently becoming part of Banten province. Both tangerang and Bekasi are divided into two level II authorities, Kotamadya Tangerang (City of Tangerang) and Kabupaten Tangerang (District of Tangerang) and City of Bekasi and District of Bekasi.

Population projection for Jakarta, Botabek shows that Jakarta will have a population of approximately 12 million by 2016, an increase of 2 million over the current 2002 population. The population of Jabotabek will be approximately 30 million which incorporates and almost doubling the Botabek population from 10 to 20 million. Currently, Tangerang has 4,2 million population and Bekasi has 3,5 million population (Bekasi City 1,6 million and Bekasi District 1,9 million).

MAP:
Alvin no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old December 4th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #2
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Hey, did you hear what the Tokyo mayor said when he was in Jakarta for the asian city meeting? He said, building Monorail is better than Subway. I agree with him, especially in Jakarta.

cheers
Old December 4th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #3
Yamauchi
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin
The population of Jabotabek will be approximately 30 million which incorporates and almost doubling the Botabek population from 10 to 20 million.
Yamauchi no está en línea  
Old December 5th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #4
macgyver

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin

MAP:
Guys .. don't you think the distance between the station is a little bit too far ?
I think they people will prefer Mikrolet ... where they can get off only 20 - 100 meter from their office.

See : Between Gran Melia and Satria Mandala ... If your office is at Wisma Mulia, Menara Jamsostek ... Where d u get off ? ... satria Mandala ? It's almost 500 meter.

Also Pejompongan to Karet ....

I think it is better to make just like in KOMDAK, KUSUMA CHANDRA, BEJ, STADION UTAMA .... they are closer to each other ...and closer to business activities
macgyver no está en línea  
Old December 5th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #5
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

LOL, Thats true, maybe they want them to take busway after monorail

cheers
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #6
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 12

Nice!! but i agree with mac, the stations are a bit far from each other.
ryanr no está en línea  
Old December 5th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #7
kikitielman
Life in expectancy

Likes (Received): 0

i agree that monorail is more suitable for jakarta rather than a subway, i'm just scared that if we build subway (especially in northern jakarta) if will sink down or it will get flooded just a two cents of mine thinking that those parts of jakarta are actually a swamp and it's not have a decent foundation with only 2.5 metres above the sea level, it going to be scary
kikitielman no está en línea  
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:08 AM   #8
Yamauchi
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 32

Construction in central Jakarta:

Yamauchi no está en línea  
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:56 AM   #9
budi2006

Likes (Received):

Monorail developer warns of more traffic woes ahead
Damar Harsanto, The Jakarta Post, 14 December 2004

As the monorail construction work started again after it stopped for months, the project developer made a public apology on Monday for the traffic disruption it has caused, suggesting the public avoid the affected streets.

This week, PT Jakarta Monorail simultaneously started work from Jl. Palmerah to Jl. Pejompongan, Central Jakarta, from Jl. Karet Pasar Baru, Central Jakarta, to Jl. HR Rasuna Said, South Jakarta, and from the Ambassador Mall in South Jakarta to Jl. KH Mas Mansyur in Central Jakarta.

"The construction definitely affects the traffic. We apologize for the inconvenience caused ... we will cooperate with the City Transportation Agency to help reroute traffic in those spots," technical head of the monorail project, R. Bovanantoo, told a media briefing here on Monday.

Aside from the three locations, the consortium also continued with construction work on Jl. Asia Afrika on Monday.

The Jakarta administration urged investors last week to go ahead with the project as there was no significant progress seen since it started in June.

PT Jakarta Monorail director Sukmawaty Syukur argued that the company had to make some changes in the project.

"We don't want to rush in without an accurate blueprint," she asserted.

Since the groundbreaking ceremony presided over by president Megawati Soekarnoputri, the consortium has made several major changes in the monorail route.

It had altered the Blue Line route to Kampung Melayu, East Jakarta, - Mal Taman Anggrek, West Jakarta, from the initial Kampung Melayu - Roxy shopping center route.

The company has also rerouted its Green Line through prime business areas -- Kuningan, Sudirman and Senayan -- as the State Secretary opposed the use of the Bung Karno Sports Complex in Senayan.

Sukmawaty denied that the project had hit a snag due to financial problems as most foreign investors had yet to disburse their funds for the project.

However, she admitted that some foreign financial institutions, like the Asian Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) had requested the company to complete some documents required to process the loans.

"Those documents include several gubernatorial decrees on the area used for the monorail project," she said.

Despite the obstructions, the company said that it would be able to finish the project on time.

The Green Line is to be finished by the end of 2006, while the Blue Line in early 2007.

Old January 13th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #10
Mahaputra
Jakarta : Home sweet Home

Likes (Received): 0

any news about monorail? pics maybe?
Mahaputra no está en línea  
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM   #11
tata
there's no free lunch

Hi guys I'm back....
Here's what I found in Kompas today, hopefully with this they can fast-track build our monorail..
tata

Peraturan Gubernur DKI untuk Membangun Monorel Diterbitkan

Jakarta, Kompas - Setelah berbulan-bulan menunggu surat keputusan peruntukan jalur monorel, Gubernur DKI Jakarta Sutiyoso akhirnya menerbitkan Peraturan Gubernur Provinsi DKI Nomor 8 Tahun 2005. Peraturan itu berisi penguasaan perencanaan atau peruntukan bidang tanah untuk pelaksanaan pembangunan jalur monorel Kampung Melayu-Taman Anggrek (blue line) dan monorel dalam kota (green line).

Dokumen peraturan gubernur diterima Kompas di Jakarta, Rabu (2/2) sore. Berkas itu sudah ditandatangani Gubernur Sutiyoso pada 10 Januari lalu. Setelah diproses secara administratif, peraturan gubernur itu lalu diundangkan secara resmi pada 24 Januari 2005.

Ditanya soal seberapa besar keseriusan Gubernur Sutiyoso dalam membangun monorel, Kepala Hubungan Masyarakat dan Protokol Provinsi DKI Catur Laswanto menjelaskan, dalam rapat terbatas beberapa waktu lalu, Sutiyoso menyebutkan keseriusannya membangun pola transportasi di Jakarta. Mengingat usianya yang terus bertambah, Sutiyoso ingin membangun sesuatu yang monumental. "Istilah Jawa, Gubernur Sutiyoso tidak ingin neko-neko lagi. Sesudah satu periode menjabat sebagai gubernur, Sutiyoso cuma ingin memfokuskan pada pembangunan Ibu Kota ini," kata Catur.

Menurut catatan Kompas, sejak Desember 2004, PT Jakarta Monorel sebetulnya mengharapkan surat keputusan (SK) penetapan jalur monorel. Penerbitan SK itu tampaknya masih terganjal karena Sekretariat Negara (Setneg) menduga jalur monorel itu akan menghilangkan lapangan softball atau baseball (Kompas, 10/12).

Selain menyebutkan jalur-jalur monorel, peraturan gubernur itu juga menyebutkan bahwa gubernur menugaskan Kepala Dinas Perhubungan DKI Jakarta untuk mengamankan bidang tanah atau lokasi baik langsung maupun tak langsung dari bangunan, hunian, dan benda-benda yang berada di atasnya, dalam areal penguasaan perencanaan atau peruntukan bidang tanah untuk pembangunan monorel.

Pasal lainnya juga disebutkan, Sekretaris Daerah Provinsi DKI Jakarta diminta menyosialisasikan kepada masyarakat mengenai batas perencanaan pelaksanaan pembangunan jalur monorel dan mengoordinasikan dengan pimpinan unit kerja di lingkungan Pemerintah Provinsi DKI untuk melaksanakan dan mengamankan pelaksanaan pembangunan monorel sesuai dengan peraturan perundang-undangan.

Dengan terbitnya peraturan itu, pihak PT Jakarta Monorel kini mengharapkan dukungan Setneg dalam pembangunan jalur monorel. Setidaknya, Setneg memberikan izin pengukuran lahan, terutama di kawasan pintu satu Gelora Bung Karno, untuk pembangunan jalur monorel. (OSA)

Bus Rapid Transportation Database, BRT Part 1, BRT Part 2
tata no está en línea  
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM   #12
Alvin

Monorail Route - Updated!!!!

Alvin no está en línea  
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:14 PM   #13
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Thanks for the map, so subway and busway will have the same route?

cheers
Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:20 PM   #14
tata
there's no free lunch

Another monorail lines? How reliable is this news?
Tata

News from beritajakarta.com:

3 JAN 2005

Dikaji, Monorel Jalur Ancol-Mangga Dua-Kelapa Gading

Tak mau kalah dengan PT Jakarta Monorail, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol (PT PJA) kini berencana mengkaji pembangunan sarana transportasi rel ringan tersebut. Ada dua konsep monorel yang akan dipelajari yaitu monorel internal yang menempuh jalur dalam kawasan Taman Impian Jaya Ancol (TIJA). Selain itu, juga akan diadakan studi kelayakan untuk membangun jaringan monorel yang menghubungkan Ancol-Mangga Dua-Kelapa Gading.

"Jadi, bila terealisir pengunjung nanti mendapat fasilitas transportasi yang lebih baik saat mengunjungi tempat-tempat di TIJA dan kawasan lainnya," ujar Presiden Direktur (Presdir) PT PJA Budi Karya Sumadi di Jakarta, Jumat (31/12).

Menurut Budi, pihaknya harus melakukan riset yang komprehensif sehingga ketika diturunkan dalam bentuk kegiatan, rencana pembangunan monorel itu bisa terlaksaan dengan baik. "Kita butuh waktu sekitar enam bulan untuk mengkaji semua rencana itu," tutur dia.

Ia mengaku, PT PJA tidak mungkin melaksanakan sendiri proyek tersebut. "Investor memang kita butuhkan dan kita masih membuka diri untuk investor lain jika tertarik dengan rencana kita. Sudah ada dua investor dari Jerman yang menyatakan tertarik untuk masuk sebagai investor pelaksana monorel."

Budi mengatakan, salah satu sering menjadi keluhan pengunjung adalah jarak antar tempat wisata yang akan dikunjungi di TIJA cukup berjauhan. "Kalau semua mengandalkan mobil, apalagi pada saat peak season bisa menimbulkan kemacetan di dalam TIJA," jelas dia.

Dengan adanya monorel di dalam TIJA diharapkan pengunjung memiliki alternatif transportasi yang bebas macet. "Lagipula tidak dipungut biaya kok, gratis,"katanya. Nantinya, setiap wahana atau lokasi wisata yang banyak dikunjungi pengunjung akan dibangun stasiun-stasiun pemberhentian monorel.

Sebagai informasi, dalam kondisi peak season, diperkirakan jumlah pengunjung di TIJA bisa mencapai 200-300 ribu pengunjung dalam semalam.

Selain pembangunan monorel, PT PJA juga berencana menambah lokasi parkir untuk menampung kendaraan pengunjung yang masuk. Prioritas utama jatuh pada eks gedung mobil (drive in) yang akan dikembangkan menjadi gedung bertingkat khusus untuk parkir. Selain itu, ada juga pantai mutiara dan beberapa titik lainnya yang akan segera dibangun gedung parkir.

tata no está en línea  
Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM   #15
tata
there's no free lunch

Hi Alvin, are those dotted-line representing subway lines? And from where do you get this map?
tata

tata no está en línea  
Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #16
Alvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tata
Hi Alvin, are those dotted-line representing subway lines? And from where do you get this map?
tata
Only that larger dotted line represents the subway, I don't know about the other one.

Source: http://www.i-transitcentral.co.id/

David: Yes, the subway line is identical to the Busway first corridor, that's why there was talk that once the subway is operational that corridor would be disbanded.
Alvin no está en línea  
Old February 4th, 2005, 03:51 AM   #17
sanhen
Urban Monk

I think the old busway line will be demolished once MRT is operational. There's no point having two lines of public transport like that.

I wish when the time come, instead returning the busway line function to car friendly, they choose to build something human friendly. A wide pedestarian walk... a garden... some retail plaza................ the pedestarian walk can even be used for carnival etc
sanhen no está en línea  
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #18
Fir3blaze
Fir3blaze

Likes (Received): 4

wow...another monorail route to ancol? That'd be cool. If they really constructing it, i hope it's connected to other forms of transport, preferably to some busway route and the other monorail lines. Only then would it be effective.

Sanhen, i agree with you. Indonesian cities need to pay more attention to padestrian.
Fir3blaze no está en línea  
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #19
sanhen
Urban Monk

Yeah... that would be coooooooooooooooooooool.
All public place connected with public transport is what we need now.
sanhen no está en línea  
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #20
tata
there's no free lunch

do any of you who resides in Jakarta see real/actual progress in monorail construction?
tata

tata no está en línea  
Closed Thread