SkyscraperCity Forum banner

China masterplanning madness

63K views 394 replies 145 participants last post by  ningxiard 
#1 ·
There isn't almost any important city in China without a huge masterplan for its own CBD!

BEIJING

Beyond 2008 proposals

CHONGQING

Yuzhong peninsula

Chaotianmen

Chuanjiang Fanying Area (98f, 398m, u/c)

Another Business Area

SHANGHAI

Lujiazui CBD

Hongqiao

Nanjing Lu

North Bund Area

Lingang

Dongtan Eco City

GUANGZHOU

Tianhe CBD

HANGZHOU

Qianjiang CBD

NANNING

Xiangsihu CBD

NINGBO
Jiang Dong CBD, includes a twin towers of 432m

SHENYANG

SHENZHEN

New CBD

SUZHOU

TIANJIN

New CBD

Binhai New Area. This area is officially called to be the third economical pole of China together with Shenzhen and Pudong

WENZHOU

WUHAN

WUXI

Lake Front CBD

ZHENGZHOU

See less See more
#153 ·
Spooky873 said:
The message youre getting across here is 'my cities skyline is gonna kick yours ass.................in 30 years!'
That's not the intention of this thread. And please don't count some ultranationalists' view as the same as most Chinese.
But my point is very simple. Some people tend to bash China and some tend to brag arround. That's pretty natural. Neither of them should be considered seriously.

#156 ·
Spooky873 said:
I know its just annoying. Thats all I had to say. I have no bad intent myself. I just voiced myself on that subject. I wanna see these cities but the arrogance of some people about it turns me off.
I can fully understand. But people tend to be defensive if they have to defend a lot. :)

#160 ·
% wise China is the obvious leader. There are many American cities having a boom themselves. We have many many cities with their own different, individual and respectable skylines, no matter what size.

Our need for residential development is growing, but we dont have 1.3 billion ppl to put anywhere, only 300,000,000, with tons of space. Unless you live in NYC, Chicago, or SF of course, dense living is the best living, hahaha

#161 ·
the concentration of skyscrapers in America as you know are primarily in NYC and Chicago, much like your HK and Shanghai. Miami is one that is having a bigger boom than NYC % wise.

Personally I like the way our skylines are. Sao Paolo is just massive, but its not very characteristic, theres no concentration or mass, no substance in one particular area that grabs the eye.

Our skylines consist of buildings that are mainly office. Thats how America always was, there was HARDLY residentials anywhere, we live in houses. The residential/condo living is getting popular. Just as in China, there are currently tons of construction sites in NYC as well. Just taking a walk youd pass many sites. I dont know about other American cities. You do notice though that our cities buildings are primarily office.

#164 ·
I think the economic growth in China is great but I am getting disapointed with the outrageous nationalistic garbage coming from many chinese about their oh-so-innocent nation and the oh-so brutal west.

I do trust and hope its only a small aggressive minority who think like this and apparently hope that china will become some sort of world dictator.

I am certainly not afraid of China, though, and only hope they will continue to grow. Its good for the world. But to the aggressiv nationalists I can only say sorry, The idea that China will rule the world is ridiculous. Should China ever become all that mighty, The US and Europe will simply adjust and move closer together.

#167 ·
Erebus555 said:
Some look great, some will be watered down, some will be comp[letely thrown out the window. This is a poor way of showing off economic power. Creating areas which are practically the size of cities is a recipe for disaster. Give it another 30 years and they will be regretting it.
male, you are wrong. it's not a way to show off economic,but the NEED in reality. population in China=4 times of WHOLE EURO!

#173 ·
Spooky873 said:
I enjoyed the masterplans, but lets say in 30 years i visit each of these cities, i highly doubt theyll look like that.

You know how many projections and masterplans ive seen for my city? Its pretentious.

Some of these people already act as if these plans are already built. :eek:hno:
Most of these plans are already being built, or construction have already started.

China is on a fast pace to development, it can't be compared to other countries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.