SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadium capital of the world

178K views 561 replies 137 participants last post by  joezierer 
#1 ·
Which is it??

Tokyo, Paris, New York, London,........,..........,.........?

#4 ·
I would "vote" for London as well. ;)

#12 ·
I know its not the biggest and best but I might as well post Melbourne.

Football (Australian football, Rugby and Football)

- MCG 100,000
- Docklands 55,000
- Melbourne Rectangular stadium 31,500 (will be finished early 2010)
- Princes Park 30,000
- Victoria Park 27,000
- Moorabbin oval 27,000
- Whitten Oval 25,000
- Olympic Park 18,000 (Athletics)
- Bob Jane Stadium 15,000

Tennis

- Rod Laver Arena 15,000 (also used for basketball)
- Hisense Arena 11,000 (Also for track cycling, Basketball)
- Kooyong Centre court 8,500
- Margaret court Arena 6,000

Motor Sport

- Albert Park F1
- Phillip Island Moto GP
- Sandown 50,000
- Calder Park 44,000

Horse racing

- Flemington 150,000
- Caulfield 50,000
- Mooney Valley 40,000

Thats Most of them I think

#20 ·
Yup, the parameters are sketchy.

And yes, Dodgers stadium is considered "a cathedral" of baseball.
Remember, the OG Yankee Stadium is gone, only the memories remain, and a new very expensive replica :)

In baseball, talk to any aficionado and three stadiums come to mind; Fenway, Wrigley and Dodger Stadium. Three jewels that are irreplaceable and incomparable.

#25 ·
It would have to be London, because nobody seems to share stadiums in that city, they all build there own (even if its down the road in the case of Chelsea and Fulham).

American and Australian cities cant compete because of the multiple tenants stadiums have due to government funding of stadiums (i personally think its a better use of resources and gets a better quality stadium). Melbourne, which may have the best sporting facilities, has 9 AFL teams sharing 2 stadiums with the cricket, soccer and rugby teams.

#27 ·
Rio de Janeiro has a lot of football stadiums, most are small and old, but quite charming.

Actually there is an old discussion on which city has the highest number of football clubs, Rio, Buenos Aires and London are the ones with the most, Buenos Aires wins if you count the whole metropolitan area I think.

#29 ·
I'll give my vote to Landshark Stadium (the stadium seems to change names every time i see a game there)

The Stadium is the home of NFL, NCAA, & MLB regular seasons, the Orange Bowl, NFL superbowls, BCS championships, next years NFL Pro Bowl game, 2 World Series', World Baseball Classic, ect.

I have probably watched more games on TV in this stadium than any other stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.