daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Florida

Florida Welcome to the sunshine state

Old April 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM   #1
ncvegas
Reppin Chi - Town

Likes (Received): 0

Fort Walton Beach

Does anyone on this forum live in Ft. Walton Beach or around there? (Destin, Crestview, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Pensacola) I live in Navarre and was just wondering when some larger development is coming to the area.

www.soundclick.com/chitownkid
ncvegas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 29th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #2
Dale

Likes (Received): 1595

I'd love to see more representation from up that way. No doubt that there's lots going on.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:34 AM   #3
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

Hey NCvegas I live in Navarre florida and attend NHS.
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #4
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

O and about development our county is the second fastest growing in Florida I mean they are making more highways now houses are popping up like weeds and trees are being cut down but I mean the one thing that drives FT walton (aka ft. dubb ) and navarre is the military base hurlburt field no real big corporations located at the panhandle really except ma an pa businesses.
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #5
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

hmm Im actually surprised that someone else on this forum is from Navarre too I mean were only a town of like 25-35k ppl
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #6
ncvegas
Reppin Chi - Town

25-35? not even that. last time i heard we had like 20k. but a few days ago (HUGE and EXCITING news) i heard that pretty soon they're gonna start building a Bush Gardens in De Funiak Springs! so that should have a major impact on tourism and business. but i also heard that this year alone 27 businesses will be coming to Navarre.

Old May 1st, 2005, 12:02 AM   #7
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 510

^Busch Gardens up there? That's rather odd...
Jasonhouse está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:25 AM   #8
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

Hey NC they are thinking about building a mini mall next to publix but i doubt that will happen the only businesses up there that are comming are service ones nothing big the growth is primarily due to the military base. I mean we bought our house 3 years ago for 130,000 now its worth 299,000 were trying to buy as much property as we can. Do you go to woodlawn or Holley navarre middle?
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:09 AM   #9
ncvegas
Reppin Chi - Town

I go to Holley-Navarre Middle.
do u live in Ashbury Woods? that's where i live.

Old May 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM   #10
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

No, I live in Marion Manor by the primary school
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:22 AM   #11
beachgal21

Hey

I'm a Realtor in Pensacola. The only new towers I know of are the two that are slated for downtown Pensacola and the ones that WCI are building on Perdido. With the building moratoreums that both Santa Rosa and Escambia County have in place, I dont expect to see much development on the beaches around here. Too bad, I'd love to see a Trump tower go up round here.
beachgal21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:36 AM   #12
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 510

^Are things getting back to normal up there yet?

When I was up there working for Bell South in October, it was a shambles, even though the roads were clear and lights were working and stuff. I was amazed how many businesses were just gone, never to reopen.
Jasonhouse está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:55 AM   #13
beachgal21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse
^Are things getting back to normal up there yet?

When I was up there working for Bell South in October, it was a shambles, even though the roads were clear and lights were working and stuff. I was amazed how many businesses were just gone, never to reopen.
Things are slowly getting back to normal. Many of the buildings and homes are beyond repair and will just be demolished, and there are still lots of homes around with blue tarps on the roof. I called a window company last week to have a repair done on a house I have listed and they told me that they were still six weeks out. I was out at Pensacola Beach last week and it's still a mess. Many of the roads are still closed off and they are still shoveling sand back to the beach. Many of the older wood framed homes and townhomes will have to be torn down, and some of the smaller beach cottages are still buried under the sand. Most of the newer condos that were built to the more recent code faired really well, but the older ones took a really bad hit.
beachgal21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:56 AM   #14
ncvegas
Reppin Chi - Town

things are back 2 normal now. not many blue roofs anymore and i think all power is back on the islands.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:44 AM   #15
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

o about the navarre beach development they wont be building much around there since most of it is reserve or military property. I just hope navarre doesnt get too crowded cuz i like going to the beach and just chillen thats the only good thing to do around here.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM   #16
FLAplaya

hey people how are ya doin. I live in F Dubb and most of the highrise development is taking place in Destin and Miramar/Sandestin. There are 5 condo hotel projects u/c in Destin that are in the 11 to 20 floor range. Ft walton has a 14 floor condo u/c (forgot the name) in front of city hall while OKI is getting denser with 4 midrises u/c and a proposed Island village with 5-7 midrises in front of the Emerald coast conference center. Miramar and Sandestin have several highrises all of which will be 20 to 25 floors up.
chris rock - "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest man in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's cup, France accuses the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't wanna go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more".
FLAplaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:55 PM   #17
FLAplaya

Navarre beach will not build any tall condos for and good while because the island is thinning, there is only one way out and the nimbyism is strong. Navarre is more so a bedroom community for both Ft Walton and Pensacola so the only real development is clearly going to be single family homes and shopping plazas I honestly don't see any big projects in the way of tall buildings being built for a LOOOOONG time.

As for the populations, outside the arbitrary city limits of F Dubb, there are over 137,000 people in South Okaloosa County by itself (Ft Walton, Destin, Mary Esther, Shalimar, Cinco Bayou, Niceville and Valparaiso). When you count the entire metro (Okaloosa) then there are 180,000. Its only a matter of time when Walton county officially gets included in the F Dubb MSA. Navarre itself has 21,000 while South Santa Rosa ( Gulf Breeze, Midway and Holley - Navarre) has roughly 128,000. Your included in Pensacolas MSA so together 430,000 live around you.
chris rock - "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest man in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's cup, France accuses the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't wanna go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more".
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM   #18
FLAplaya

The big rumor for an amusement/theme park was indeed an expansion of Six Flags and the site was supposed to be somewhere south of 1-10 between Crestview and DeFuniak Springs. However New Orleans Got the bid and now the area is looking for someone else and Busch Gardens was one of them.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM   #19
Yankee BOY
Thats my wife Aaliyah.

You go to FWBHS or Choctaw
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:58 AM   #20
ncvegas
Reppin Chi - Town

i know that Navarre isn't getting any big projects for a loooooong time, but i just wanted to know if we're getting any malls, outlets, shopping centers, stuff like that. the only fun thing to do is......going to the beach sometimes. thanks for all the info Florida playa.