SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Moscow, Russia

3M views 9K replies 609 participants last post by  christos-greece 
#1 · (Edited)
West district of Moscow. One of the most popular district to live.

It's a pictures of airplaner Alex Guznaev taken from his computer

(c) Guznaev A.

See less See more
#63 ·
The only difference between you and the a monkey is that monkey has brain. You don't. Moscow is very rich. And only bums or lazy drunks are starving. But they don't need food anyway.
Oh really:)
Moscow isn't a rich city. A city that has a GDP of 130billion dollars for a population of 10million is not rich. It is rather poor.City of Chicago has a population of 2.5million and has a GDP of 426billion dollars. There is no comparison. The Emirities have lots of oil exports and small national population so they have money unlike many Russians. It is only the truth. If you can't handle the truth than don't get offended I was just telling you the way reality is.

#64 ·
Your figure for Chicago is actually GRP of metropolitan area (10mln population). GRP of Moscow (city proper - 10,5mln) is ~$385bln ID (2007) >$420bln ID in 2008. Chicago (~$434bln ID in 2007) is just two years ahead of Moscow.

Moscow has 3rd largest city budget after Tokyo and New York. And Moscow has very high social spendings.

#65 ·
Moscow isn't a rich city. A city that has a GDP of 130billion dollars for a population of 10million is not rich. It is rather poor.City of Chicago has a population of 2.5million and has a GDP of 426billion dollars. There is no comparison. The Emirities have lots of oil exports and small national population so they have money unlike many Russians. It is only the truth. If you can't handle the truth than don't get offended I was just telling you the way reality is.
You seem to be very concerned about Moscow. Let me guess, another bad Moscow visit experience, that is if you've ever been to Moscow. But then again, I've read some of you older posts only to conclude you're a troll.

#66 ·
Your figure for Chicago is actually GRP of metropolitan area (10mln population). GRP of Moscow (city proper - 10,5mln) is ~$385bln ID (2007) >$420bln ID in 2008. Chicago (~$434bln ID in 2007) is just two years ahead of Moscow.

Moscow has 3rd largest city budget after Tokyo and New York. And Moscow has very high social spendings.
=Are you positive? Russia is a developing economy so i guess we might have different sources.....but i will be in moscow through Aug 2 - 10.

#67 ·
Russia is the federation. Your generalization could not be applied here. That's why UN is calculating HDI for each Russian subject alone. Sources of course different lol, one for Chicago and another for Moscow, but figures are real. And numbers won't lie, unlike personal POV.

#70 ·
Hey , Coth described you the situation. Moscow budget is 3rd in the world now. So sit back and relax. And watch out so some crazy kid don't shoot you in the shopping center. Or so your kids aren't shot in the school by other kids.