search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #3821
rixvt
Maderense

Likes (Received): 138

LIGAMX (México) - Clausura 2017 (Average attendances & records -
Weeks from 1 to 14 (only 3 weeks/matches missing for play-offs (liguilla))

Total Season attendance + Total week attendance

League Average attendance + Week average attendance

Record Attendances (Highest & Lowest)

GunnerJacket liked this post
rixvt no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #3822
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 2637

It's nice to see the new venues in LMX paying off. It's certainly giving more teams better, bona fide home fields with character and more intimate support. Wasn't that long ago when I would tune in and see the parade of large, outdated stadiums so sparsely filled. Much better today.

I really hope I'll get to see Mexico host a World Cup all their own someday. Or maybe with just one other Central American partner. Will take some work but it would go a long way to ensuring they have the depth of top-class stadiums to help take the league to the next level. They're financially the strongest league in the Americas, I believe, but still having issues in competing with their South American peers.

rixvt liked this post
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 05:15 AM   #3823
iranii

Likes (Received): 1980

Average attendance of Azadegan League (Iran 2nd tier) after 31 rounds:

1. Nassaji Mazandaran - 10,333
2. Sepidrood - 8,214
3. Khooneh be Khooneh - 4,136
4. Malavan - 3,365
5. Kheybar Khorramabad - 2,750
6. Gol Gohar - 2,281
7. Aluminium Arak - 2,267
8. Mes Kerman - 2,069
9. Naft Masjed Soleyman - 2,033
10. Fair Sepasi - 1,844
10. Iranjavan - 1,844
12. Pars Jam - 1,750
13. Esteghlal Ahvaz - 954
14. Foolad Yazd - 708
15. Mes Rafsanjan - 707
16. Oxin Alborz - 647
17. Baadraan Tehran - 559
18. Rah Ahan - 200

League Average: 2,569
iranii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 04:55 PM   #3824
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 8698

MLS attendance thru the seventh week of the 2017 season

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

Todays United States Navy (photos & discussion) | SSC

aquamaroon liked this post
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #3825
aquamaroon

Likes (Received): 1650

The Revolution are such a mark against the MLS at this point . IMO, doing 13,000 in that market with where the MLS has gotten to as a league is such a huge disappointment. I have no doubt that a "Boston Revolution FC" with a SSS somewhere in Boston, Cambridge or Somerville would be a huge hit and have an attendance somewhere in the 20,000's. IF they can ever get that ball rolling that is.
aquamaroon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #3826
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaroon View Post
The Revolution are such a mark against the MLS at this point . IMO, doing 13,000 in that market with where the MLS has gotten to as a league is such a huge disappointment. I have no doubt that a "Boston Revolution FC" with a SSS somewhere in Boston, Cambridge or Somerville would be a huge hit and have an attendance somewhere in the 20,000's. IF they can ever get that ball rolling that is.
a) They've only had 2 home games, with their first one <12k largely due to cold (<40') and another date cancelled due to snow. But they've managed to swing over the 15k mark by the season's end so no cause to panic. Yet.

b) The team's owner own's Gillette stadium, so they're unlikely to move. Back-of-the-envelope calculations suggest the team would need to average about 23k in a new stadium to warrant the extra expense.

c) At some point this is on the fans, as well. Gillette has proven more than a viable, raucous home field for the Patriots so the locals have demonstrated it can work, so there's reason to believe that they could replicate what Orlando did at the Citrus Bowl or what ATL will do at MBS to make the setting work, even if the location is less than ideal.

One man's thoughts, anyway.

bd popeye, aquamaroon liked this post
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #3827
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 8698

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post

b) The team's owner own's Gillette stadium, so they're unlikely to move. Back-of-the-envelope calculations suggest the team would need to average about 23k in a new stadium to warrant the extra expense.
So true.. anytime Mr Kraft waves the New SSS Stadium flag I immediately hoist my BS flag..

Because I know this is coming >>>>

Any doubters? read the very first post of this thread from 2006 >>> Soccer Stadiums of the USA and Canada;

Quote:
Originally Posted by yure323 View Post
http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?ID=3225
Boston is honored and proud to be recruited by Major League Soccer to be the potential home for the New England Revolution,” said Mayor Thomas M. Menino. “This is a fantastic opportunity for our city and our neighborhoods, but it will require a throughout exploration of possible sites – we need to make sure this works for Boston residents.”
Do you think there's any chance to get past NIMBY's in Boston ?
Although Mr Kraft is not mentioned in the article he has yet to honestly pursue any of the proposals for a SSS in metro Boston.

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

Todays United States Navy (photos & discussion) | SSC

aquamaroon liked this post

Last edited by bd popeye; April 20th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:00 AM   #3828
aquamaroon

Likes (Received): 1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
a) They've only had 2 home games, with their first one <12k largely due to cold (<40') and another date cancelled due to snow. But they've managed to swing over the 15k mark by the season's end so no cause to panic. Yet.

c) At some point this is on the fans, as well. Gillette has proven more than a viable, raucous home field for the Patriots so the locals have demonstrated it can work, so there's reason to believe that they could replicate what Orlando did at the Citrus Bowl or what ATL will do at MBS to make the setting work, even if the location is less than ideal.

One man's thoughts, anyway.
Thanks for the points (especially about the snowstorm! didn't know about that). I think your third point is a symptom of a larger problem related to the Revolution's digs: the lack of real support for the soccer team from ownership.
I am fully onboard with BD Popeye, whenever you hear Kraft talk about a new SSS it's hard to take it seriously. In all honesty, Mr. Kraft gives the impression sometimes that the NE Revolution exists solely to fill dates at Gillette Stadium when the Patriots are on their offseason. That's probably not fair, but for the longterm health of the franchise they have to get out of Foxborough and into the heart of the Boston metro area proper.

bd popeye liked this post
aquamaroon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:38 PM   #3829
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Of course, no sooner do I offer those words and then the Revs go out and draw 10k and change last night. In their defense lone midweek games never fair well in this league, but that's cutting it awfully close to our now sacred >10k mark.

Agreed about the impact of the ownership. Blank's passion and *relatable nature on behalf of Atlanta United is certainly part of why the fans have been on board since day 1, while the aloof nature of Stan Kroenke with the STL/LA Rams and Arsenal are a large reason why those fans are turning sour. That Kraft would be so emotional about the Pats and yet so distant regarding the Revs is surely disconcerting to locals. He is the wicked stepmother to that Cinderella of a MLS franchise, it appears.

Designed parity may inhibit that chances for dynasties on the field but I don't believe the league can have it where every team is wonderfully supported because many teams are bound for losing seasons. It may simply be that the Revs may be perennial baggage. I just hope they remain sustainable and give the fans something to get behind.

Edit: BTW, I gave relatable an * because this spellcheck doesn't recognize it as a bona fide word! Weird.

aquamaroon, bd popeye liked this post

Last edited by GunnerJacket; April 20th, 2017 at 07:22 PM.