Homes: 336 units

Office space: 2,502m²

Retail space: 1,200m²

Height: 92.6m

Floors: 27

-

See less See more
#142 ·
Considering most the housing nearby is largely council housing or new build then essentially they were trying to stop a large scale redevelopment on a busy A road on the cusp of Zone 1 for the sake of a little known conservation area. Lights of right issues would have been dealt with at planning, if they were deemed detriment it would't have gained planning.

And people wonder why they can't afford to live in London.

#143 · (Edited)
Well I don't know the detailed ins and outs just answering people's questions from what I can find online. I'd be pretty pissed off if they built a block right in front of my window, I imagine anyone would be, so of course people are going to object whatever is built there low-rise, mid-rise or high-rise. A tower naturally garners more attention what with their current controversial nature. I actually like this one, I wouldn't say it's in the perfect location but can just about accept it as the edge of the Elephant & Castle cluster, although I can see where people are coming from in that they are unhappy they are 'breaking free' of designated 'village clusters'. The Elephant & Castle cluster, Waterloo, Bankside/Blackfriars Bridge, Canada Water and London Bridge cluster; that's enough for Southwark to accommodate growth. Otherwise it's just a rampant free for all.

#144 ·
I dont agree at all - the office block opposite my lounge window is being replaced with a large set of towers. I understand this is happening because it's an area of growth and improvements are inevitable, I will loose light and some of my view but I wouldn't dream of complaining.

#145 ·
Not interested in a right-to-light payoff? i wouldn't try and stop a tower built overshadowing my flat, either, mostly because it's not my flat and I plan to leave soon anyway, but if I owned I'd definitely make enough grumbling to cash in if possible :lol:

#157 ·
One of my favourite current projects, this site has always seemed perfect for a mini Columbus circle

I used to live on this street, this location is one of the best on the south bank for ease of getting around. If i had that time machine i'd have bought my rental flat 6 years ago

#158 ·
Agree it's potential as an attractive circus is improved immensely by this development.
A pity Mc Laren house opposite is not that great though. One benefit is that it is student accommodation not residential so the opportunity to redevelop it in the future is possible. It's also not very efficient in it's use of land, there's a large car park taking up most of the plot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.