Office space: 2,502m²

Retail space: 1,200m²

Height: 92.6m

Floors: 27

-

See less See more
#5 ·
uses the Roundabout as a feature.
i believe you meant that it "respects the form of the central space and enhances the setting of the historic obelisk - recreating the circus as the public space it was intended to be [...by] creating an active and walkable edge [...and] reintroducing the traditional concave building structures that form the circle"

easy mistake to make :lol:

#9 ·
Very nice. Nice to see what looks like brick and stone. Not just an improvement on what's currently there, but a really good building.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but it has an Art Deco look about it as it at its highest parts in my opinion.

#12 ·
This looks absolutely amazing!

Just checked google maps and it seems to be a bit far from the emerging cluster which will be on the riverside. That being said though, I realised how rubbish some buildings on this road are and I would love to see some redevelopment around here.

#18 ·
^^ While I like the reintroduction of brick as an external material in new buildings (as well as the general improvements in basic design over the past few years) in a lot of them either the quality of the bricks themselves or the way in which they have been applied are/has been very poor (some even having parts of the facade falling to bits already!). That hotel on the corner however looked top notch when I walked past last week, so this Blackfriars Rd one should have a good chance of being as well.

#30 ·
Brick panels can look ok, but they generally don't have the variation in tone to work on a design like this (although a custom designed product might). A block of flats is going up near me using grey brick panels, I'll try to grab a photo of it later. I doubt you'd be able to tell it's brick panels after it's complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.