SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tamil Nadu Buses - Photos & Discussion

Tags
buses
19M views 54K replies 639 participants last post by  Dinesh venkitaraman 
#1 ·
This forum seriously lacks photos and hardly any talk of public transportation. So this new thread to share photos and discuss developments with SETC, TNSRTC, and the metro and city buses, bus terminals etc

#12,064 ·
I just saw the memorandum document in TNSTC Blog. Dhandapani, Subbu, Dolphin and other bus fans that have worked in the making of the ppt and pdf. :applause: You guys have really rocked. I am very happy to see a good number of suggestions that are really been taken up for implementation. The ministry and the authorities will also have known that people are watching them :cheers:.

I wanted to post a comment there but I wanted people to know that you guys are really doing a wonderful job. A big kudos to the team. :bow: Take a bow!

#12,068 ·
TNSTC's are scapegoats everywhere for ruling political party meetings/ proceedings, now "priceless" marriages too???

Courtesy: Dinamalar

Ramesh
Taking for buses more than 500 km for useless flag off ceremony also included in the list.

And they say TNSTC is running in loss.
I don't think TNSTC is doing this for free. TN Hindu Religious Ministry is doing this marriage for 1006 jodis which may transfer the funds to TNSTC, but again that is going to be taxpayers' money only. Just my guess (correct if I am wrong).

To get more idea on how much is going to be spent, see the below links :

http://www.maalaisudar.com/newsindex.php?id=38926 & section=1

http://tamil.yahoo.com/1-006-ஜ-ட-கள-180600159.html

#12,069 ·
TNSTC Coimbatore Divsion buses

TN 33 N 2703 of Tirupur Region's Tirupur-1(?) branch parked at MIBT

TN 33 N 2468 of Tirupur Region's Tirupur-1(?) branch parked at MIBT

TN 33 N 2792 of Tirupur Region's Tirupur-2 branch towards Nagercoil (Night departure from Nagercoil BS)

TN 33 N 2793 of Erode Region's Anthiyur branch parked at Vadasery BS working Erode-Nagercoil

Its pair TN 33 N 2794

#12,070 ·
TNSTC Coimbatore Divsion buses

TN 33 N 2703 of Tirupur Region's Tirupur-1(?) branch parked at MIBT

TN 33 N 2468 of Tirupur Region's Tirupur-1(?) branch parked at MIBT

these both are belongings to tirupur 2 depot intirupur region both tirupur depot not indicating depot name properly they having ego between both1&2depot tirupur 1 depot will never indicating the depot name in new buses also blindly buses are running in tirupur but other cbe&erd region doing properly indicating their depot name i think paint is sortage for writing depot name i dont know poonaikku yaar mani katrathu

#12,071 · (Edited)
Some omni bus operators in Salem

Lingan Travels one of the old Omni bus operator in Salem-Chennai route he was famous before KPN Travels .
Non A/C Sleeper

Rear profile

A/C semi Sleeper recently inducted guy

Rear profile

Another A/C Semi sleeper

Recently added SVL rear profile

KPN Multi Axle side profile arriving from Banglore.

Another KPN ready to departure banglore

Sangitha Travels to banglore

Newly entered in Omni bus business Thirumalayan Tiripur Based operator .
This bus was stopped near garbage land near new bus stand in 8pm i saw the same guy loading passengers in new bus stand near Tharai Travels office at 9.30pm this travels starting point is Tiruppur right but he starts in salem any body knows details?

#12,074 ·
attention all forum members again kerela officers plan to add our salem division to their new forming railway division if they do it they we loss our right they will not do any thing to our cbe,tup,salem and coming new namakkal stations they will do all the devolpment inside the kerela with our revenue they did like this only in old palaghat division so please oppose this activity in right way so that only we will not lose our right

#12,075 ·
Today i got Tnstc Salem Corporation details like Moffussal route details,Time table,Ultra delux service details,Depots details,Tnstc's branch details .I posted that link in my post in the name of Tnstc Salem details this link was sent by Our former Suncar all the credits goes to him only & he asked me to post this link in our forum.Thank you suncar.:)

#12,076 ·
I talked to my cousin yesterday on the bus fare hike and maintenance. He told me that he attended couple of sessions with his boss on Tamilnadu Planning commission(12th Five-year plan) on infrastruture development. 1 of the meeting is on Transport committee. It is headed by Mr. AC.muthiah(****). During the meeting, all the transport corporations collectively presented a data. as per it, these TNST, MTC will be in +ve only 2012-2013. After 2013, they will be in -ve.(data presented by transport corporations). Few people asked questioned them how come these transport corporations will get into "-ve", the reasons are high salary wages, inefficiency in operation and maintenance.
This was the official meeting.

#12,078 ·
தமிழக நீதிமன்றங்கள் "ஜப்தி' செய்த 80 சதவீத அரசு பஸ்கள் மீட்பு

சேலம் : விபத்து இழப்பீடு தொகை செலுத்தாததால், தமிழக நீதிமன்றங்களால், "ஜப்தி' செய்யப்பட்ட பஸ்களில், 80 சதவீதம் பஸ்கள், இழப்பீடு தொகை செலுத்தி மீட்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. மே 15ம் தேதி, தமிழக சட்டசபையில், போக்குவரத்து மானியக் கோரிக்கைக்கு பதில் அளித்து பேசிய முதல்வர், "விபத்துக்களை ஏற்படுத்தி, இழப்பீடு வழங்காமல், நீதிமன்றங்களில் நிறுத்தி வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள பஸ்களை மீட்டு, போக்குவரத்துக் கழகங்களுக்கு வழங்கப்படும்' என்று அறிவித்தார். அதன்படி, நீதிமன்றங்களில் நிறுத்தி வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த, 210 பஸ்களை மீட்க, 13.91 கோடி ரூபாயை அரசு சார்பில் ஒதுக்கப்பட்டது. அதில், 50 சதவீதம் தொகை அரசால் வழங்கப்பட்டது. அத்துடன், மீதமுள்ள தொகையை, அந்தந்த போக்குவரத்து கோட்டங்களே வழங்கி, தமிழக நீதிமன்றங்களில் நிறுத்தப்பட்ட பஸ்களுக்கு செலுத்தி, மீட்கப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன. ஜூன் முதல் வாரம் வரை, தமிழகம் முழுவதும் நீதிமன்றங்களில் நிறுத்தி வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த பஸ்களில், 165 பஸ்கள் மீட்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இந்த பஸ்கள் தற்போது எப்.சி., செய்யப்பட்டு, மீண்டும் மக்களின் பயன்பாட்டுக்கு வந்துள்ளது. இது குறித்து போக்குவரத்துக்கழக அதிகாரி ஒருவர் கூறுகையில், "தமிழக அரசு ஒதுக்கிய நிதியுடன், போக்குவரத்துக் கழகங்களின் பங்கு தொகையை செலுத்தி, நீதிமன்றங்களில் நிறுத்தப்பட்டிருந்த, 165 பஸ்களை (80 சதவீதம்) மீட்டுள்ளோம். மீதமுள்ள பஸ்களை மீட்க, தேவையான நடவடிக்கைகள் மேற்கொள்ளப்பட்டு வருகிறது' என்றார்.

www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=488378

^^ 165 out of 210 buses that were impounded by court have been retrieved by the TNSTC by joint funds from TNSTCs and TN Government. :banana: Rest will be retrieved soon by paying the fine amount

#12,079 ·
TNSTC's are scapegoats everywhere for ruling political party meetings/ proceedings, now "priceless" marriages too???:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Courtesy: Dinamalar

Ramesh
From Tirupur district seven buses went for this event.
Tirupur-2 buses and one each from Dharapuram, Kangeyam, Udumalpet, Thirumoorthimalai and Avinashi.
TN38 N 2647 from Tirupur-1(?) depot which went for this.

#12,080 ·
தமிழக நீதிமன்றங்கள் "ஜப்தி' செய்த 80 சதவீத அரசு பஸ்கள் மீட்பு

^^ 165 out of 210 buses that were impounded by court have been retrieved by the TNSTC by joint funds from TNSTCs and TN Government. :banana: Rest will be retrieved soon by paying the fine amount
good news.. some of the buses are pretty new when they were attached.