SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tamil Nadu Buses - Photos & Discussion

Tags
buses
19M views 54K replies 639 participants last post by  Dinesh venkitaraman 
#1 ·
This forum seriously lacks photos and hardly any talk of public transportation. So this new thread to share photos and discuss developments with SETC, TNSRTC, and the metro and city buses, bus terminals etc

#13,081 ·
I saw Cbe - Hosur by TNSTC - CBE in 2000, they used AL after that it may be replaced,Rameshwaram - Coimbatore, Erode - Nellai also started with TML.One more thing want to ask whether Ooty - Kodaikanal is running now?
CBE-Hosur, CBE-RMM are operated with AshLey buses now. And these routes get new buses most of the times. Are you sure that Erode-Nellai from Jeeva ran with a TML bus?

I think kodaikanal-Ooty run by Mtp depot.
We didnt have Kodai-Ooty. We have only Mettupalayam-Kodai operated by MTP-1 depot. BTW this is the only bus we have to connect CBE/Pollachi with Kodai. Not sure why they didnt think of adding one more bus in this route..:bash: We even have two buses to Munnar from CBE..

Even also had a DGL-Ooty via Palani, Pollachi, CBE from DGL region. Now its stopped.

#13,082 ·
I saw Cbe - Hosur by TNSTC - CBE in 2000, they used AL after that it may be replaced,Rameshwaram - Coimbatore, Erode - Nellai also started with TML.One more thing want to ask whether Ooty - Kodaikanal is running now?
sree sree,
I have never seen TML in Erode-Thirunelveli route.

#13,083 ·
sree sree,
I have never seen TML in Erode-Thirunelveli route.
+1. I havent seen even a single TML bus of erode region(or even Nellai region) doing these long trips.

Last year of DMK regime was full of ALs. An year before that we got few TMLs and this year we are getting TMLs. so its very tough for us to spot a TMLs doing long journeys.

Few years back Madurai region had TMLs doing Madurai-Kanchi, Madurai-Thiruvannamalai, Madurai-Tirupur, Madurai-Coimbatore, Madurai-Salem, Madurai-Cuddalore/Kumbakonam etc.,

Now Madurai region deployed new TMLs in Madurai-Coimbatore, Madurai-NGL routes. Yet to spot them in other routes.

#13,084 ·
C

We didnt have Kodai-Ooty. We have only Mettupalayam-Kodai operated by MTP-1 depot. BTW this is the only bus we have to connect CBE/Pollachi with Kodai. Not sure why they didnt think of adding one more bus in this route..:bash: We even have two buses to Munnar from CBE..

Even also had a DGL-Ooty via Palani, Pollachi, CBE from DGL region. Now its stopped.
I had seen Ooty-kodai bus in Kallar before 12 years. One of my freind told after seeing that bus "oru malai erangi innoru malai aeranumma". I remember that one.

#13,090 ·
CBE-Hosur, CBE-RMM are operated with AshLey buses now. And these routes get new buses most of the times. Are you sure that Erode-Nellai from Jeeva ran with a TML bus?
Yes Dhandapani Sir its a TN-38 reg guy once saw in Arappalayam.I think this came along with Rameshwaram - Coimbatore TML because both the models are same.

#13,099 ·
@Reno (VelMurugan) you are 100% correct i too think like this if Volvo inducted in our SETC soon it will change to dabba vandi .Our crews are well qualified in non maintenance jobs.Soon our crews replace head lights with round light ,rear lights with Ashley Danger lights,interior A/c wents,Passenger reading lights,Charger points will be empty,interior light will be kundu bulb,interior full of dust glasses,seats covers replace with ordinary bus seat covers,Retreaded tyres without stepney,etc.:lol:
This is true but its also true that volvo has its own standards. if setc is gonna continue its poor maintenance volvo will stop delivering multis to setc to maintain its fame.