SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangladesh Aviation - Part 14

378K views 2K replies 73 participants last post by  TIslam 
#1 ·
Please begin new posts here. Part 13 thread will be closed.

#10 ·
#5 ·
Before we start on this new thread along with the new year, I think it would be good idea to go through the main topics that we have been discussing recently in part 13 as well as the previous year, so that we can continue to update from there and not forget about the important stuff we were discussing about :)

#8 · (Edited)
Reply to Rinathq's post

He/she said on post number 1974 :

'Its plain annoying how you try to derail every argument towards inflight cuisines and IFEs. Give it a rest. It is not entertaining any of us here. IFEs and meals are probably the last thing that counts for the middle eastern pax. The real reason for the decline is outlined by Imran bhai. Middle Eastern giants like EK, EY, QR, SV are pushing BG off the chart. Its not just BG, look at the decline in international carriers flying to middle east. And it does not matter if BG is operating a 738 or a 77W. What matters is profitability. If BG can be profitable doing 10X weekly with a 738 rather than a 5X weekly with a 77W then I dont see whats the issue here. Obviously BG has plans for its 777s as it is apparently planning to get a few more'
==============================================================================================================

The best recipe for failure is to deny yourself and others of the truth. People with your archaic thinking are the types who brought Biman down.

And I can see how shortsighted you are. Have you thought about how the Middle Eastern Airline Giants grew so big or as you say, " pushed BG off the charts" ?
Do you think it was by force ? Or by magic ? How do you think they won over customers ? You definitely have no marketing training, do you ? but Mr, I have. And you are also talking here to a UK qualified Accountant and not just a food enthusiast. So whats your qualifications ?

And where on earth do you think profitability comes from ? By majic ? by being a bully ? Like as though Emirates just wants to grab some business and they only have to say the
words, 'hickory, pickory' and hey presto ! they have got the business ?????!!! You have just finished exposing how retarded you are.

And please don't kid yourselves that the only advice I gave was about food. And you and your similar buddies here don't even have the logic of noticing and questioning why it is Bangladeshi passengers are choosing to pay higher prices to travel on those airlines rather than Biman ?

#15 ·
He/she said on post number 1974 :

'Its plain annoying how you try to derail every argument towards inflight cuisines and IFEs. Give it a rest. It is not entertaining any of us here. IFEs and meals are probably the last thing that counts for the middle eastern pax. The real reason for the decline is outlined by Imran bhai. Middle Eastern giants like EK, EY, QR, SV are pushing BG off the chart. Its not just BG, look at the decline in international carriers flying to middle east. And it does not matter if BG is operating a 738 or a 77W. What matters is profitability. If BG can be profitable doing 10X weekly with a 738 rather than a 5X weekly with a 77W then I dont see whats the issue here. Obviously BG has plans for its 777s as it is apparently planning to get a few more'
==============================================================================================================

The best recipe for failure is to deny yourself and others of the truth. People with your archaic thinking are the types who brought Biman down.

And I can see how shortsighted you are. Have you thought about how the Middle Eastern Airline Giants grew so big or as you say, " pushed BG off the charts" ?
Do you think it was by force ? Or by magic ? How do you think they won over customers ? You definitely have no marketing training, do you ? but Mr, I have. And you are also talking here to a UK qualified Accountant and not just a food enthusiast. So whats your qualifications ?

And where on earth do you think profitability comes from ? By majic ? by being a bully ? Like as though Emirates just wants to grab some business and they only have to say the
words, 'hickory, pickory' and hey presto ! they have got the business ?????!!! You have just finished exposing how retarded you are.

And please don't kid yourselves that the only advice I gave was about food. And you and your similar buddies here don't even have the logic of noticing and questioning why it is Bangladeshi passengers are choosing to pay higher prices to travel on those airlines rather than Biman ?
The best recipe to failure is to be ignorant and you maam have been displaying the perfect example of that as long as you have been here.

I am not an "UK qualified Accountant" but I do hold a Bachelors degree in Marketing from Canada. However it does not matter. I could be a cab driver with no post secondary education and it wouldn't matter. This is an Aviation thread and its for aviation enthusiasts which could be anyone. I know a 12 year old spotter who knows certain elements of flight operations better then me and definitely you.

Right lets get down to argument which is why u are here in the first place. The real reason why the big 3 carriers (EK, EY, QR) are successful (or atleast it seems they are by their wiki page and route map) is for the most part, their low pricing which others have not been able to match. Why? Because others do not enjoy the luxury of the heavy investments that these big 3 has been enjoying over infrastructure and fleet modernization. I wouldnt even get to oil pricing advantage because its an old and obvious argument.

You fail to see your own mistakes again and again. None of us and me included deny that inflight service/entertainment, meals are contributing factors that attract crowd. But it comes AFTER things like safety, affordability, infrastructure, efficiency, punctuality and so on. If your theory was actually valid then airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair, Westjet, American Airlines, Southwest would be a total disaster but guess what, almost all of them are more profitable then the big 3 by far! Carriers like Emirates, Etihad, Qatar operate to promote their hub cities more then anything else. Its obivous why they invest so heavily on customer experience because thats the nucleus of it. However, BG cannot afford to nor does it need to operate for those purposes and therefore it is better off following those who are profitable and not those who doesnt need to be profitable.

And why does Bengali people or others chose those carriers compared to BG? Pricing my lord! Thats it! And no you are so terribly wrong if you think the 3 giants have higher pricings compared to BG. Plus BG offers a small fraction of the capacity that these 3 offers which caters to more people, more frequently! The fact that they get better customer experience at a lower premium is just an added bonus thats it! You think people choose an airline over another simply because that one meal is slightly warmer or for a better tasting truffle cake? Dream on!

Again, we all agreed to our ideas and issues when you FIRST pointed it out. But when you try to emphasize it as big of a factor as it isnt, thats when people start to argue and I am not the first one on the list. I have been following this forum for a long time now.

Nothing wrong with an argument either as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But when you start to derail almost EVERY argument towards your big bang theory.... thats when it gets annoying. I don't think you will find a supporter of here in SC. Here we are enthusiasts of the industry FIRST and customer SECOND.

#11 ·
I don't get it why bangladesh aviation has this many parts just make 1 part that say Bangladesh | Airport , Aviation & news | Pictures & Video's thats it simple and keep going on with it. I suggest Re name part 14 to Bangladesh | Airport , Aviation & news | Pictures & Video's

#12 ·
They do this sometimes to be manipulative, eg in part 13 one of the forum members called Rinathq didn't want me to reply to his retarded message to me
so he recommended a change of part number; and Mr Islam the moderator was keen to oblige in support of his stand. A flavour of how retarded his message
was can be found by reading post 1974 in part 13 and then my reply above in post no 8.

#19 ·
শাহ আমানত বিমানবন্দর উন্নয়নে ১০ বছর মেয়া&#2470

চট্টগ্রামের শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর আধুনিকায়নের উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে সরকার। এ লক্ষ্যে ১০ বছর মেয়াদি বিভিন্ন পরিকল্পনা নেয়া হয়েছে; যার আওতায় ২০২৫ সালের মধ্যে বেশকিছু প্রকল্প বাস্তবায়ন করা হবে। এর মধ্যে রয়েছে বিমানবন্দরে রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণ, প্যাসেঞ্জার টার্মিনাল ভবন ও কার্গো ভবন সম্প্রসারণ এবং বিমানবন্দরে প্যারালাল ট্যাক্সিওয়ে নির্মাণ।

বেসামরিক বিমান চলাচল কর্তৃপক্ষ (বেবিচক) সূত্রে জানা গেছে, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৯ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২১ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। একইভাবে বিমানবন্দরের প্যাসেঞ্জার টার্মিনাল ভবন ও কার্গো ভবন সম্প্রসারণ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০২০ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২২ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। প্রকল্পটি বাস্তবায়নের জন্য প্রয়োজনীয় কার্যক্রম হাতে নেয়া হবে ২০২০ সালে।

বিমানবন্দরের অন্যান্য উন্নয়ন পরিকল্পনার মধ্যে রয়েছে কার্গো টার্মিনাল ভবনের সামনে কার্গো অ্যাপ্রোন নির্মাণ প্রকল্প। এ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৫ সালের জানুয়ারি থেকে ২০১৬ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। প্রকল্পের আওতায় ঠিকাদার নিয়োগের জন্য গত ২৯ নভেম্বর দরপত্রও আহ্বান করেছে বেবিচক।

এছাড়া বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে ওভারলে প্রকল্পের বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৬ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০১৮ সালের জুন পর্যন্ত। এরই মধ্যে পরামর্শক প্রতিষ্ঠান কর্তৃক প্রকল্পের বিস্তারিত নকশা, ড্রয়িং ও টেন্ডার ডকুমেন্ট প্রস্তুত কার্যক্রম চূড়ান্ত পর্যায়ে রয়েছে।

এ প্রসঙ্গে বেবিচকের এটিএস অ্যান্ড অ্যারোড্রোমস বিভাগের পরিচালক মো. নুরুল ইসলাম বণিক বার্তাকে বলেন, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর উন্নয়নে বিভিন্ন পরিকল্পনা নেয়া হয়েছে; যা পর্যায়ক্রমে বাস্তবায়ন করা হবে। বিমানবন্দরে রাডার স্থাপন প্রকল্পটির সাইট সার্ভে কার্যক্রম চলমান রয়েছে। প্রকল্পটি ২০১৭ সালে শেষ হওয়ার কথা।

জানা গেছে, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের বোর্ডিং ব্রিজ স্থাপন ও কানেক্টিং করিডোর নির্মাণেও প্রকল্প নেয়া হয়েছে। এ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৮ সালের জানুয়ারি থেকে ২০১৯ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। বর্তমানে প্রকল্পের বিস্তারিত নকশা, ড্রয়িং ও টেন্ডার ডকুমেন্ট প্রস্তুত করছে পরামর্শক প্রতিষ্ঠান। মার্চের মধ্যে রিপোর্ট চূড়ান্ত করা হবে। একইভাবে ভবিষ্যৎ যাত্রী চাহিদা ও ফ্লাইট কার্যক্রম বৃদ্ধির বিষয়টি বিবেচনায় নিয়ে শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে প্যারালাল ট্যাক্সিওয়ে নির্মাণে একটি প্রকল্পের পরিকল্পনা রয়েছে বেবিচকের। এ প্রকল্প বাস্তবায়নের সম্ভাব্য সময় ধরা হয়েছে ২০২৩ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২৫ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত।

এসব প্রকল্পের পাশাপাশি জাইকার অনুদানে শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে রাডার স্থাপনের লক্ষে প্রকল্প গ্রহণ করা হয়েছে। এ প্রকল্পের আওতায় ঠিকাদারি প্রতিষ্ঠান সুমিতোমো করপোরেশনের অনুকূলে গত ৪ নভেম্বর নোটিফিকেশন অব অ্যাকশন (এনওএ) দেয়া হয়েছে। ১২ নভেম্বর বেবিচকের সদর দফতরে বাংলাদেশ ও জাইকার যৌথ অর্থায়নে জাপানের সুমিতোমো করপোরেশনের মধ্যে প্রকল্পের চুক্তি স্বাক্ষর হয়। এ প্রকল্পের আওতায় শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর, চট্টগ্রামে একটি অত্যাধুনিক প্রাইমারি ও সেকেন্ডারি রাডার সংস্থাপন করা হবে। প্রকল্পটি কার্যকর হলে বিমানবন্দরে নিরাপদ ফ্লাইট চলাচল অধিকতর নিশ্চিত হবে এবং নিরাপত্তা ব্যবস্থা আরো উন্নত হবে।

এ প্রসঙ্গে বেসামরিক বিমান পরিবহন ও পর্যটন মন্ত্রণালয়-সম্পর্কিত সংসদীয় কমিটির সভাপতি মুহাম্মদ ফারুক খান বলেন, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণসহ সার্বিক উন্নয়ন পরিকল্পনা এবং এ কার্যক্রমের সর্বশেষ অগ্রগতি বিষয়ে কমিটি অবগত আছে। কমিটির পক্ষ থেকে যত দ্রুত সম্ভব কাজ এগিয়ে নিয়ে যাওয়ার সুপারিশ করা হয়েছে।

প্রসঙ্গত, ১৯৪০-এর দশকে ব্রিটিশ শাসনামলে চট্টগ্রাম বিমানবন্দরটি তৈরি হয়। সে সময় চট্টগ্রাম এয়ারফিল্ড হিসেবে এটি পরিচিত ছিল। পরে ১৯৭৭-৭৮ সালে ৭৬২ মিটার প্রস্থ ও ৩ হাজার ৪৮ মিটার দৈর্ঘ্যের রানওয়ে তৈরি করা হয়। ১৯৮৪-৮৫ সালে রানওয়ের আশপাশ বর্ধিত করা হয় ও কার্পেটিং করা হয়। ১৯৯১ সালের ২৯ এপ্রিল ঘূর্ণিঝড়ে বিমানবন্দর ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হওয়ার পর পুনরায় টামির্নাল ভবন নির্মাণসহ বিভিন্ন উন্নয়নকাজ সমাপ্ত করা হয়।

শাহ আমানত বিমানবন্দরকে আন্তর্জাতিক মানে উন্নীত করার জন্য প্রথম উদ্যোগ নেয়া হয় ১৯৯৬ সালে। সে সময় কারিগরি ও আর্থিক সহায়তার জন্য জাপান সরকারের সঙ্গে সহযোগিতা চুক্তি স্বাক্ষর হয়। এ চুক্তির আওতায় ১৯৯৮ সালের ১২ মার্চ উন্নয়নকাজ শুরু হয়। ২০০০ সালের ১১ ডিসেম্বর উন্নয়নকাজ শেষ হয়। পরে ২০১৩ সালের নভেম্বরে চট্টগ্রাম শাহ আমানত বিমানবন্দরকে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের স্বীকৃতি দেয় আন্তর্জাতিক বেসামরিক বিমান চলাচল সংস্থা (আইকাও)।

http://www.bonikbarta.com/2016-01-03/news/details/61485.html

#1,847 ·
চট্টগ্রামের শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর আধুনিকায়নের উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে সরকার। এ লক্ষ্যে ১০ বছর মেয়াদি বিভিন্ন পরিকল্পনা নেয়া হয়েছে; যার আওতায় ২০২৫ সালের মধ্যে বেশকিছু প্রকল্প বাস্তবায়ন করা হবে। এর মধ্যে রয়েছে বিমানবন্দরে রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণ, প্যাসেঞ্জার টার্মিনাল ভবন ও কার্গো ভবন সম্প্রসারণ এবং বিমানবন্দরে প্যারালাল ট্যাক্সিওয়ে নির্মাণ।

বেসামরিক বিমান চলাচল কর্তৃপক্ষ (বেবিচক) সূত্রে জানা গেছে, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৯ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২১ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। একইভাবে বিমানবন্দরের প্যাসেঞ্জার টার্মিনাল ভবন ও কার্গো ভবন সম্প্রসারণ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০২০ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২২ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। প্রকল্পটি বাস্তবায়নের জন্য প্রয়োজনীয় কার্যক্রম হাতে নেয়া হবে ২০২০ সালে।

বিমানবন্দরের অন্যান্য উন্নয়ন পরিকল্পনার মধ্যে রয়েছে কার্গো টার্মিনাল ভবনের সামনে কার্গো অ্যাপ্রোন নির্মাণ প্রকল্প। এ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৫ সালের জানুয়ারি থেকে ২০১৬ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। প্রকল্পের আওতায় ঠিকাদার নিয়োগের জন্য গত ২৯ নভেম্বর দরপত্রও আহ্বান করেছে বেবিচক।

এছাড়া বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে ওভারলে প্রকল্পের বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৬ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০১৮ সালের জুন পর্যন্ত। এরই মধ্যে পরামর্শক প্রতিষ্ঠান কর্তৃক প্রকল্পের বিস্তারিত নকশা, ড্রয়িং ও টেন্ডার ডকুমেন্ট প্রস্তুত কার্যক্রম চূড়ান্ত পর্যায়ে রয়েছে।

এ প্রসঙ্গে বেবিচকের এটিএস অ্যান্ড অ্যারোড্রোমস বিভাগের পরিচালক মো. নুরুল ইসলাম বণিক বার্তাকে বলেন, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর উন্নয়নে বিভিন্ন পরিকল্পনা নেয়া হয়েছে; যা পর্যায়ক্রমে বাস্তবায়ন করা হবে। বিমানবন্দরে রাডার স্থাপন প্রকল্পটির সাইট সার্ভে কার্যক্রম চলমান রয়েছে। প্রকল্পটি ২০১৭ সালে শেষ হওয়ার কথা।

জানা গেছে, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের বোর্ডিং ব্রিজ স্থাপন ও কানেক্টিং করিডোর নির্মাণেও প্রকল্প নেয়া হয়েছে। এ প্রকল্পের সম্ভাব্য বাস্তবায়নকাল ধরা হয়েছে ২০১৮ সালের জানুয়ারি থেকে ২০১৯ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত। বর্তমানে প্রকল্পের বিস্তারিত নকশা, ড্রয়িং ও টেন্ডার ডকুমেন্ট প্রস্তুত করছে পরামর্শক প্রতিষ্ঠান। মার্চের মধ্যে রিপোর্ট চূড়ান্ত করা হবে। একইভাবে ভবিষ্যৎ যাত্রী চাহিদা ও ফ্লাইট কার্যক্রম বৃদ্ধির বিষয়টি বিবেচনায় নিয়ে শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে প্যারালাল ট্যাক্সিওয়ে নির্মাণে একটি প্রকল্পের পরিকল্পনা রয়েছে বেবিচকের। এ প্রকল্প বাস্তবায়নের সম্ভাব্য সময় ধরা হয়েছে ২০২৩ সালের জুলাই থেকে ২০২৫ সালের ডিসেম্বর পর্যন্ত।

এসব প্রকল্পের পাশাপাশি জাইকার অনুদানে শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে রাডার স্থাপনের লক্ষে প্রকল্প গ্রহণ করা হয়েছে। এ প্রকল্পের আওতায় ঠিকাদারি প্রতিষ্ঠান সুমিতোমো করপোরেশনের অনুকূলে গত ৪ নভেম্বর নোটিফিকেশন অব অ্যাকশন (এনওএ) দেয়া হয়েছে। ১২ নভেম্বর বেবিচকের সদর দফতরে বাংলাদেশ ও জাইকার যৌথ অর্থায়নে জাপানের সুমিতোমো করপোরেশনের মধ্যে প্রকল্পের চুক্তি স্বাক্ষর হয়। এ প্রকল্পের আওতায় শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দর, চট্টগ্রামে একটি অত্যাধুনিক প্রাইমারি ও সেকেন্ডারি রাডার সংস্থাপন করা হবে। প্রকল্পটি কার্যকর হলে বিমানবন্দরে নিরাপদ ফ্লাইট চলাচল অধিকতর নিশ্চিত হবে এবং নিরাপত্তা ব্যবস্থা আরো উন্নত হবে।

এ প্রসঙ্গে বেসামরিক বিমান পরিবহন ও পর্যটন মন্ত্রণালয়-সম্পর্কিত সংসদীয় কমিটির সভাপতি মুহাম্মদ ফারুক খান বলেন, শাহ আমানত আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের রানওয়ে সম্প্রসারণসহ সার্বিক উন্নয়ন পরিকল্পনা এবং এ কার্যক্রমের সর্বশেষ অগ্রগতি বিষয়ে কমিটি অবগত আছে। কমিটির পক্ষ থেকে যত দ্রুত সম্ভব কাজ এগিয়ে নিয়ে যাওয়ার সুপারিশ করা হয়েছে।

প্রসঙ্গত, ১৯৪০-এর দশকে ব্রিটিশ শাসনামলে চট্টগ্রাম বিমানবন্দরটি তৈরি হয়। সে সময় চট্টগ্রাম এয়ারফিল্ড হিসেবে এটি পরিচিত ছিল। পরে ১৯৭৭-৭৮ সালে ৭৬২ মিটার প্রস্থ ও ৩ হাজার ৪৮ মিটার দৈর্ঘ্যের রানওয়ে তৈরি করা হয়। ১৯৮৪-৮৫ সালে রানওয়ের আশপাশ বর্ধিত করা হয় ও কার্পেটিং করা হয়। ১৯৯১ সালের ২৯ এপ্রিল ঘূর্ণিঝড়ে বিমানবন্দর ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হওয়ার পর পুনরায় টামির্নাল ভবন নির্মাণসহ বিভিন্ন উন্নয়নকাজ সমাপ্ত করা হয়।

শাহ আমানত বিমানবন্দরকে আন্তর্জাতিক মানে উন্নীত করার জন্য প্রথম উদ্যোগ নেয়া হয় ১৯৯৬ সালে। সে সময় কারিগরি ও আর্থিক সহায়তার জন্য জাপান সরকারের সঙ্গে সহযোগিতা চুক্তি স্বাক্ষর হয়। এ চুক্তির আওতায় ১৯৯৮ সালের ১২ মার্চ উন্নয়নকাজ শুরু হয়। ২০০০ সালের ১১ ডিসেম্বর উন্নয়নকাজ শেষ হয়। পরে ২০১৩ সালের নভেম্বরে চট্টগ্রাম শাহ আমানত বিমানবন্দরকে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের স্বীকৃতি দেয় আন্তর্জাতিক বেসামরিক বিমান চলাচল সংস্থা (আইকাও)।

http://www.bonikbarta.com/2016-01-03/news/details/61485.html
The government has taken an initiative to modernize the Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong. For this purpose, 10-year plans have been taken; Under which many projects will be implemented by 2025. These include runway expansion at the airport, expansion of passenger terminal buildings and cargo buildings, and parallel taxiway construction at the airport.

According to Civil Aviation Authority sources, the possible implementation of the runway expansion project of Shah Amanat International Airport has been taken from July 2015 to December 2021. Likewise, the possible implementation of the Airport Passenger Terminal Building and Cargo Building Expansion Project has been held from July 2020 to December 2022. The necessary activities will be taken to implement the project in 2020.

Other airport development plans include cargo apron construction projects in front of the cargo terminal building. The possible implementation of this project has been held from January 2015 to December 2016. The bidder has called for tenders on November 29 last year under the project.

Besides, implementation of the runway overlay of the airport has been completed from July 2016 to June 2018. In the meantime, the preparation of detailed design, drawing and tender documents of the project by the consulting firm is in the final stage.

Director of ASE and Arodromes Division of the seller Nurul Islam told the traders that various plans have been taken to develop Shah Amanat International Airport; Which will be implemented gradually. Site surveys of the radar installation project are ongoing at the airport. The project is expected to end in 2017.

It is learned that the project has been taken to establish boarding bridges and connecting corridor of Shah Amanat International Airport. The possible implementation of this project has been held from January 2018 to December 2019. Presently the project is designed, drawing and tender documents. The report will be finalized in March. Likewise, considering the future passenger demand and the increase in flight activities, there is a plan to build a parallel taxiway at Shah Amanat International Airport. The possible time for implementation of this project has been taken from July 2023 to December 2025.

Alongside these projects, projects have been taken to set up radar at Shah Amanat International Airport in JICA. Under the project, the notification of action (NOA) has been given on Nov 4 in favor of the contractual firm Suitomo Corporation. On November 12, the project agreement signed between Sumitomo Corporation of Japan, jointly funded by Bangladesh and JICA at the Facilitate Headquarters. Under this project, a sophisticated primary and secondary radar will be set up at Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong. If the project is implemented, the safety of the airport will be more secure and the security system will improve.

In this regard, the President of Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry-related parliamentary committee Muhammad Faruq Khan said the committee has been informed about the overall development plan including the runway expansion of Shah Amanat International Airport and the latest progress of the program. The committee has recommended to carry forward the work as quickly as possible.

In the 1940s, Chittagong Airport was built during the British rule. At that time it was known as Chittagong Airfield. Later, in 1977-78, a total of 762 meters width and 3,848 meter long runway was made. In 1984-85 the runway area was expanded and carpets were made. On April 29, 1991, after the hurricane airport was damaged, several construction works including the completion of the building of Tommelal were completed.

In 1996, the first initiative was taken to promote Shah Amanat Airport internationally. At that time, cooperation agreement with Japan government was signed for technical and financial support. Under the agreement, the development work began on 12 March 1998. The development work ended on 11th December 2000. Later, in November 2013, the Chittagong Shah Amanat International Airport was recognized by International Civil Aviation Organization (AICA).

#21 ·
Basically, CAAB is taking steps to increase size of Chittagong airport within the next 10 years. The steps are: (1) increasing length of runway, sizes of terminal and cargo buildings, and (2) constructing a new parallel taxiway.

There is also a separate project of setting up a radar (?) at Chittagong airport, funded by JICA

#34 ·
Good point, TIslam. I think quite a few such projects are akin to how we have lobbyist groups in western cities support the olympics, fifa etc. even though all they really do for a city is cost them money (IMO). These lobbyist groups can bring in huge gains for the construction companies that fund them in the first place, so they don't really care that the taxpayer has to foot the bill for the stadiums, hostels etc. that become useless after the event. By that token, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the larger projects we see (like CGP airport expansion, the supertall in purbachal, the approved powerplants that never see the light of day etc) are really just schemes to use public money for private gain.

#38 · (Edited)
For Evidence sake L

Here are my original recommendations for Biman's improvement
and I hope I am going to get an apology from many of those who live on their ego's fantasy hoping that it was all about food only

Please go to Aviation Part 11 , pg 22, pg 23 and 24 ... [posts 450, 456, 460, 464, 467, 469]

Post no : 432 says : About pricing, Computing, ticketing, checkins staff training, cleanliness

My reply to Turzo on pricing :

"Agree with the fact that air fare hike at this stage is not a wise move. Having read this person's CV it would suggest that although he may be good at people relationships (as that is what sales people do to sell), they are not necessarily technical people who might understand the mechanics of accounting and finance or human behavioural responses which is linked to economic demand and supply characteristics.

Does he for instance understand how delays can be prevented, what is causing them in the first place ? And what he is going to do to get passengers on board on a timely basis ? He should be investigating the bottlenecks in the computing, ticketing, checking-in, luggage processes for bottleneck causes. Food should be upgraded and most importantly, cleanliness, as cleanliness and hygiene seem to be a problem with the Asian sub-continent generally but Bangladesh seems to be worse. Has he checked staff training ?

Post no 450 says : Fuel, procedures, delays, baggage handling etc, management training and change of Psychology

Originally Posted by Supersonik
If you were in his shoes, what and how would you do?

My reply to Supersonik :
I would study which models are fuel efficient then recommend those; I would study the volume of passenger routes to see which ones would be price elastic (it is an economic concept of behaviour of price changes to demand) first, before making decisions about price, before any changes of price can take place. I would send all the in-flight staff for training or retraining with a specific agenda list to achieve. I would build into the management's psychic that seat shampooing has to be done at least once a month, and hire good chefs at the catering department, to ensure a good range of international food is served in style; and where Bangladeshi menus are prepared they need to be authentic to represent the country's true flavours and not do fake jobs like they do in Britain's Bangladeshi restaurants. I would then smarten up the lady air hostess's dress sense/image as visual presentation is very important. I would also check that the interior design of the planes are looking smart for example flowery seat fabrics does not give out a smart clean presentation, fabrics should a one colour and a light colour to give a clean light ambiance to the interior. It needs to acquire a logo /theme/brand which sticks in people minds.

I would check the bottleneck causes of delays in the ticketing, checking-in and luggage safety /movement processes. I would be very strict with baggage weight allowances and charge for overweight. Once the every day routine processes have been checked for bottlenecks they need to be solved so that the item causing the delay does not exist. Then it seems from the reports in these threads that some passengers want better flight timings, so these will need to be improved. Price can only be raised after a smooth process is achieved. Quarter Airways used to be quite cheap and I used to like travelling on it. They must have realised that they were getting popular and soon they started increasing their price but only after they got to know how good they were. So Biman should be taking the same approach.

I would also formalise a complaints procedure for customers which will be directly received into my email so that I ca n take action to eliminate any problem staff promptly, especially anything to do with corruption.

Post no 469 : About staffing and Accountability

Originally Posted by Supersonik
I hope he lasts too. he's started to make the right noises and I really hope the organisation is given a good shake so that corruption is reduced and badly performing staff shown the door. He sounds like he means business and who knows he may have something up his sleeve that none of us have thought of or mentioned. Anyway this is an exciting time.

My reply to Supersonik :
This move of having a foreign /some sort of International experience was very much needed, because as one commentator mentioned earlier in these threads the Bangladeshi managers don't fear their own kind, so a strict foreigner would have been needed to bring about compliance.

I didn't mention in my earlier description about introducing formalised staff appraisal system, because I expected such obvious management control tools to already be in place, but perhaps I should have mentioned it in case it is in so bad a condition that such tools were not in place. Things like targets and performance indicators are obvious management tools, it goes without saying that these would have to be reviewed once the main obstacles and bottlenecks are identified, then staff/management training agenda would have to retrain staff according to its shortfalls. So before these can be identified, obviously there needs to be a thorough investigation of all business and operational processes and information delivery , monetary inflows and outflows.

#43 ·
Biman to get more aircraft?

Confirmation of what was noted on this forum (part 13) earlier.

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2016/01/05/9194

They said if they find 777-200 or 777-200ER, then they will try to get two aircraft and one 777-300ER. If the two 777-200 or 777-200ER is not available, then Biman will induct another 737-800 along with one 777-300ER.

So seems like they already have found a party willing to lease a 777-300ER. Also, what kind of crazy strategy is this? We will go for 2 772s, but if we can't find any, we will go for a 738. Sounds insane.

Best,

Wasim / Planemannyc

#51 ·
PIA have cancelled plan to launch Lahore-Dhaka service, it was due in mid January once a week with A320.

Manazir it was on PIA website planned schedule, if you meant the 2008 Guangzhou one it was both in PIA schedule and airlineroute.net.
Not surprising. Seeing that how current Bangladesh government's relation with Pakistan is

#49 ·
#50 ·
Don't think that's going to happen. As TIslam explained earlier, this discussion blog was being split in parts after every 100 pages or so for reasons including NOT having to scroll forever on one thread. For reference to previous posts, one can always go back and check on the closed threads but I haven't seen many having to do so because the discussions here are usually on contemporary matters.

#65 ·
Biman to induct 2 Boeing aircraft

Biman Bangladesh Airlines has decided to add at least two Boeing aircraft to its fleet, aiming to tackle its aircraft shortage after the phase-out of its decades-old two Airbus aircraft.

The national flag carrier has floated two tenders in this connection to take the aircraft under dry lease (only aircraft) system for 60 months, UNB reports quoting Biman officials involved in the corporate planning of the airliner.

They said if they find 777-200 or 777-200ER, then they will try to get two aircraft and one 777-300ER. If the two 777-200 or 777-200ER is not available, then Biman will induct another 737-800 along with one 777-300ER.

“We’re hopeful of inducting the new aircraft within the stipulated time,” said a Biman official.

According to the tender document, one 777-200/777-200ER/777-300ER will be pressed into service in between March and June, while 777-200/777-200ER in between November and December. If the airliner takes the 737-800, then it will be commenced in between March and June.

The seat capacity of the 777-200/777-200ER will be 280 in two classes while 419 for the 777-300 ER in two classes and 162 for the 737-800 in two classes. The age of the aircraft must not be more than 15 years, according to the tender paper.

“These aircraft will be used after the phasing out of the two Airbus aircraft -- 310-300 --from its fleet,” the official said.

The number of Biman’s aircraft is now 14. Of them, four are 777-300ER, four 737-800, two 777-200ER, two 310-300 and two Dash-8.

In 2008, the national flag carrier went into an agreement with the US company for procuring 10 new generation aircraft - four Boeing 777-300ERs, two Boeing 737-800 and four Boeing 787 Dream-liner.

Boeing has already delivered four 777-300ER and two 737-800 aircraft to Biman.

As per the agreement, Boeing is scheduled to deliver four Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft by 2019-2020. Currently, Biman flies to 15 destinations of Middle East, Europe and Asia.

The Biman official said the new aircraft will also be used on the planned new routes for the airliner. Guangzhou, Male and Colombo are on top of the list for the new routes, he added.

He said Biman is planning to introduce its route to Seoul and increase the frequencies to the Middle Eastern countries.

Biman is currently operating seven flights a week on Dhaka-Dubai-Dhaka route, and it has a plan to increase it to 14 a week.

#67 ·
Biman to induct 2 Boeing aircraft

Biman Bangladesh Airlines has decided to add at least two Boeing aircraft to its fleet, aiming to tackle its aircraft shortage after the phase-out of its decades-old two Airbus aircraft.
Deshi journalism strikes again! Reporting about Boeing aircraft while using an image of an Airbus! :bash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.