daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #481
Tapageur

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantaneserace View Post
I heard ppl say that if u buy ticket over the counter...ull still get the web price..is it true?
Positive! I bought Malindo's ticket at counter in JHB after missed my ride on Firefly. A person in front of me asked whether she can get the same price as per website for particular date and route. The staff said walk-in price are same with their online price. I think this is normal practice in Indonesia but its good especially for people like me who don't own credit card.
Tapageur está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 8th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #482
DutukLim

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapageur View Post
Positive! I bought Malindo's ticket at counter in JHB after missed my ride on Firefly. A person in front of me asked whether she can get the same price as per website for particular date and route. The staff said walk-in price are same with their online price. I think this is normal practice in Indonesia but its good especially for people like me who don't own credit card.
This is news to me. Walk-in price is 3-5 times website price. Have you check the website price.
DutukLim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 07:14 PM   #483
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2210

Malindo Air flies daily to Singapore now
8 DECEMBER 2014 @ 11:52 PM
http://www.nst.com.my/node/60495

KUALA LUMPUR: Malindo Air is set to spark competitive fares on the popular Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route with the introduction of daily passenger services, officially celebrated at a welcoming ceremony yesterday at Singapore’s Changi Airport.

The carrier began operations at Terminal 3 (Subang Airport) on November 3, introducing three daily direct flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur on its brand-new dual-class layout Boeing 737s.

“We would like to thank Changi Airport Group and Singapore Airport Terminal Services for their warm generosity and continuous support in welcoming Malindo Air into their growing family of airlines at Changi,” Malindo Air chief executive officer Chandran Rama Muthy said in a statement yesterday.

Chandran said with the new daily services, Malindo Air will have altogether 6,800 return seats weekly to the route.

“The Singapore-Kuala Lumpur segment is highly popular with the potential to develop even more through higher seat capacity.” he said. Bernama

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #484
Tapageur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutukLim View Post
This is news to me. Walk-in price is 3-5 times website price. Have you check the website price.
Oh really? Well, my justification on over the counter price based solely on the conversation between the lady and staff.

As for my case, I bought the ticket less than 2 hours before flight. No online tickets available less than 4 hours from departure (as per OD FAQ). Since I'm traveling on behalf of my company, I didn't bother to check the price on the internet (for sure no price la because less than 4 hours). Being the last flight from JHB to SZB, I've no choice and time to wander around looking for the cheapest option. Btw, it cost my company RM179.
Old December 9th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #485
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Malindo Air flies daily to Singapore now
8 DECEMBER 2014 @ 11:52 PM
http://www.nst.com.my/node/60495

KUALA LUMPUR: Malindo Air is set to spark competitive fares on the popular Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route with the introduction of daily passenger services, officially celebrated at a welcoming ceremony yesterday at Singapore’s Changi Airport.

The carrier began operations at Terminal 3 (Subang Airport) on November 3, introducing three daily direct flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur on its brand-new dual-class layout Boeing 737s.

“We would like to thank Changi Airport Group and Singapore Airport Terminal Services for their warm generosity and continuous support in welcoming Malindo Air into their growing family of airlines at Changi,” Malindo Air chief executive officer Chandran Rama Muthy said in a statement yesterday.

Chandran said with the new daily services, Malindo Air will have altogether 6,800 return seats weekly to the route.

“The Singapore-Kuala Lumpur segment is highly popular with the potential to develop even more through higher seat capacity.” he said. Bernama

Terminal 3 (Subang Airport) ??? - Where is this reporter coming from, hahaha ???
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #486
DutukLim

Quote:
Oh really? Well, my justification on over the counter price based solely on the conversation between the lady and staff.

As for my case, I bought the ticket less than 2 hours before flight. No online tickets available less than 4 hours from departure (as per OD FAQ). Since I'm traveling on behalf of my company, I didn't bother to check the price on the internet (for sure no price la because less than 4 hours). Being the last flight from JHB to SZB, I've no choice and time to wander around looking for the cheapest option. Btw, it cost my company RM179.
The internet price for JB-KL is about RM60. Don't have a credit card? You must be the only person in Malaysia.

Incidentally Malindo website is still down. The owner must be tearing his hair out.
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #487
DutukLim

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Terminal 3 (Subang Airport) ??? - Where is this reporter coming from, hahaha ???
Correct atmapgnew.
No price war yet. Malindo is still the third cheapest on this route. But AA has drop their fare to zero on 8 out of 10 daily flight. But still more expensive than the others. Firefly is abusing their monopoly to SZB as they are quite a bit higher than all of them.
Old December 9th, 2014, 03:33 AM   #488
johan is

Likes (Received): 396

Is it true Malindo Air to Singapore through SZB???
Old December 9th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #489
DutukLim

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan is View Post
Is it true Malindo Air to Singapore through SZB???
No
Old December 9th, 2014, 04:53 AM   #490
atmapgnew

So its from KUL, right ???
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #491
DutukLim

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
So its from KUL, right ???
Yes
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #492
Tapageur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutukLim View Post
The internet price for JB-KL is about RM60. Don't have a credit card? You must be the only person in Malaysia. Incidentally Malindo website is still down. The owner must be tearing his hair out.
Bro, I also can check the price on internet. But the main question raised by you, whether that RM60 price can be bought over the counter. So what? Same or expensive? You didn't proof that yet.

OT: Cash is king. Only one king in one territory. I'm happy to be the king. Not surrounded by debt like majority of the people. And should I say my debit card worth 3 months of my salary? Ops its too absurd for someone living pay check to pay check to hear this.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #493
DutukLim

Quote:
Bro, I also can check the price on internet. But the main question raised by you, whether that RM60 price can be bought over the counter. So what? Same or expensive? You didn't proof that yet.

OT: Cash is king. Only one king in one territory. I'm happy to be the king. Not surrounded by debt like majority of the people. And should I say my debit card worth 3 months of my salary? Ops its too absurd for someone living pay check to pay check to hear this.
No you cannot buy/get that RM60 ticket over the counter.

Cash is king but in this Internet age they want you to use this. Having a ticket office cost them money, staffing, rental, etc. and if need to use it you will have to pay much more for it.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #494
Tapageur

Bro whats the proof? Hahaha talk talk no proof same like barking.
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #495
Tapageur

Btw, good luck with that. Take your time. Meanwhile on FB;

https://www.facebook.com/malindoairm...31110283639807

Last edited by Tapageur; December 9th, 2014 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add FB link
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #496
atmapgnew

Internet booking or over-the-counter, dearer or cheaper, or whatnot - I say to each their own 'pleasure', there's no winner or loser lah, bro hahaha !!!