daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area > The Construction Forum

The Construction Forum For everything tall going up in London right now.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 17th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #341
Retro Specs

Likes (Received): 3387

Met an old friend at Wembley Park station then went on several hour walk that took us to Kilburn via Ikea, these are photos from the early part of the walk - I have no idea what the buildings are though sorry. The PRS element, Tipi, is doing heavy advertising at King's Cross underground station.

Wembley Construction by inckamail, on Flickr

Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #342
Mr Cladding

Likes (Received): 10972

Don't worry about it Retro, i've been there many times and i'm still overwhelmed with the different plots under constuction.
Mr Cladding no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:51 PM   #343
Mr Cladding

Not my photo

AbidM liked this post
Old September 15th, 2017, 08:38 PM   #344
flare

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cladding View Post
Well i've yet to see any signs of this car park, well not when i was in the area in April.
You can see the corner of it to the SE of E02 in the planning application post. The car park is huge.
flare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #345
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60723

Scape House | Wembley HA9

Official website: https://www.scape.com/en-uk/student-...dation/wembley

Project facts
  • Address: Scape House, Fulton Road, Wembley HA9 0TF
  • Developer: Scape Living
  • Architect: HTA Design
  • Height: 83m
  • Floors: 28
  • Student rooms: 558

Complete:

Old September 25th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #346
Mr Cladding

Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:43 AM   #347
Mr Cladding

NEXT BOXPARK DEVELOPMENT IS LAUNCHED
Bdp.com
22 September 2017

Quote:
Boxpark, creator of the world's first pop-up mall has announced its third venture, Boxpark Wembley. A full interdisciplinary BDP team has been appointed to design the scheme which will be part of the Wembley Park development in London being delivered by Quintain.

Drawing on its shipping container roots, Boxpark Wembley will have a completely new and bespoke building design, making it an innovative cultural and dining destination in the heart of Wembley Park with 29 units held by established and independent food operators.

The Wembley model will mirror the successful framework of community focused events which take place at Boxpark Shoreditch and Croydon. Boxpark Wembley will work closely with the local community to host a series of live music, events, talks and workshops. This will be bolstered by an expansive 2000 capacity events space plus an intimate and separate 300 capacity venue.

Roger Wade Founder and CEO, Boxpark comments: "I'm delighted to announce the opening of the third Boxpark site, Boxpark Wembley. Boxpark Wembley is located in an iconic location, on Olympic Way in Wembley Park. We look forward to working closely with Quintain, Brent Council and the other venue operators on the site, to develop a world class food, drink and entertainment destination, and possibly the best fan park in the world!"

Boxpark Wembley is set to open in late 2018

AUTOTHRILL liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:52 AM   #348
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1950

Boxpark would be a massive hit in manchester or liverpool, i feel. Hope it goes outside london at some point- i love the shoreditch site.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM   #349
potto

Likes (Received): 9112

when are they going to get rid of that terrible ramp leading up to the stadium!

Nol2001 liked this post
potto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 03:23 PM   #350
tresd

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOTHRILL View Post
Boxpark would be a massive hit in manchester or liverpool, i feel. Hope it goes outside london at some point- i love the shoreditch site.
Ditto the Croydon one; it's single-handedly made the East Croydon area a really attractive/cool place to live.
tresd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 03:45 PM   #351
london lad

Likes (Received): 2259

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresd View Post
Ditto the Croydon one; it's single-handedly made the East Croydon area a really attractive/cool place to live.
Perversely at the expense of already established pubs,bars and restaurants in the town centre.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 04:49 PM   #352
tresd

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by london lad View Post
Perversely at the expense of already established pubs,bars and restaurants in the town centre.
Yes, but that's true of any regeneration. The idea here being that things like Boxpark draw thousands of additional people to live in Croydon's new residentials which helps everyone.
tresd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 01:02 AM   #353
LazyOaf

Likes (Received): 408

Quote:
Originally Posted by london lad View Post
I used to go out every weekend in Croydon from 2004-2010, including the brilliant Black Sheep Bar, and after that pretty much every place I used to frequent closed down, leaving the town feeling quite sorry and windswept. I went to Boxpark the other day and it felt like a breath of fresh air, a reason to visit Croydon again.
LazyOaf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #354
Master_Builder

Likes (Received): 6792

John Sisk Twitter

Quote:
"First columns coming up out of the ground at E03 Canada Gardens Wembley @wembleypark, delighted to have achieved this milestone."

AbidM liked this post
Master_Builder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:19 AM   #355
flare

Likes (Received): 145

Is anything happening with the theatre proposed near Wembley Park, I recall it was going to show a Hunger Games production?
flare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #356
upupandaway

Likes (Received): 111

https://twitter.com/jasonhawkesphot

[IMG][/IMG]

AbidM liked this post
upupandaway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #357
AbidM

Likes (Received): 1344

I thought that was the Arsenal stadium for a hot minute because of the red seats then I saw the Wembley stadium arch and I was like oh.
"We're all victims of the architect. Architecture is the only art that you can't help but feel. You can avoid paintings, you can avoid music, and you can even avoid history. But good luck getting away from architecture." - Humans of New York
AbidM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 02:00 PM   #358
upupandaway

Likes (Received): 111

First glimpse of how Wembley Boxpark will look as developers announce it will be biggest site yet

hese images show how London’s latest Boxpark will look when it opens in Wembley next year.

The 50,000 square foot complex will be the biggest Boxpark yet – larger than its sister sites in Shoreditch and Croydon.

Developers announced in September that the food and retail park, built in its trademark style from refitted shipping containers, is set to open on Olympic Way in Wembley Park, just metres form the famous sports stadium.

The official planning application has now been submitted to Brent Council by joint developers Boxpark and Quintain.

If approved, the transformed site will include 27 independent food and drink vendors as well as a 20,000 space dedicated to hosting events for 2,000 people plus a smaller 300-capacity venue.

The north west London Boxpark, due to open in late 2018, will be the first to have a roof.

Brands at the Boxparks include pizza joint Voodoo Rays, burger bar MEATLiquor and popular brunch venue The Breakfast Club.

It comes as Brent looks set to ramp up its bid against other boroughs in the capital to be named the London Borough of Culture in 2020.

Roger Wade, the founder and CEO of Boxpark, launched the Shoreditch complex in 2010 and the Croydon follow-up last year.

He said: “We are delighted to announce the submission of the Boxpark Wembley plans. Boxpark Wembley is the next step in Boxpark design evolution, and features a 20,000 sq ft seating and event space. Our hope is to work closely with the major venues in the area to create an innovative fan experience. But first and foremost we want to create a fantastic Eat, Drink and Play experience for the local community.”

The new Boxpark will be part of the ongoing development of the 85-acre Wembley Park, which includes the arena and stadium.

Developer Quintain which is heading up the Wembley Park project and has invested more than £1 billion in the area since 2002.

Speaking about the submission, James Saunders, chief operating officer of Quintain, said: “Today marks an exciting day for Wembley Park – and showcases just one of the many changes taking place in the redevelopment of the area, as we move from being a place people associate only with event days – to a cultural hub, coming alive with brand new homes, offices, activities and now a Boxpark.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3698641.html

Bazukstan74 liked this post
upupandaway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #359
Rational Plan

Likes (Received): 675

Hmm it's almost as if transforming itself into a big box food court. Have space and car park, one shed and funky fit out later you to can experience street food from all over the world in any suburban mall.

Have an old BHS, get the bull dozers in and then pop on of these in. Mall transformed!
Rational Plan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 05:01 PM   #360
Rational Plan

Likes (Received): 675

Another note I read the Out Mall has got some new tenants, various fashion ones plus most important of all Haribo!
Rational Plan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: