SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Metro

3M views 8K replies 522 participants last post by  Hourdel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#2,682 ·
@>Minato ku-> people look at your cameras and i wonder if someone didn't already threated to not film him :lol:
In the second video (inside the train) obviously they notice the video camera but not in the first.
Trainrover question was about the first video.

Usually people don't care and I don't use my video very often.

Here nobody notice.

#2,683 ·
No tunnel are covered.
We can talk on the phone and use internet in the tunnel.
/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't understand. If they are not covered how are you able to talk in tunnels?

#2,685 ·
Interesting, considering cellular coverage around tall buildings in Canadian city centres is crap.
Cell sites are generally spaced nearer to each other in Europe than in North America. I don't know whether that is because of different population densities, competition levels, or regulatory issues. Also, North American cities tend to have more sky-scrapers than European cities, which probably affects coverage.

#2,686 ·
No tunnel are covered.
We can talk on the phone and use internet in the tunnel.
Sorry, I don't understand. If they are not covered how are you able to talk in tunnels?
Because I forgotten the "," after the no, in the message quoted. :D
Tunnel are covered and we are able to talk on phone or use internet on tunnel.

#2,687 ·
Most of the tunnels there are just cut and cover, and the cellular receptivity being discussed here makes me suspect that the cellular signals throughout Paris are much stronger, yet I understand that Paris' library network withdrew wifi service from its libraries some years ago due to proven health-related symptons :nuts:

#2,689 · (Edited)
^^
I have a station called Place Monge in my fantasy subway system. ;)
In fact, several of stations on my fantasy system are Parisian stations, others are from Chicago, New York City, and Washington DC. The rest are of my own creation.

Also, a 6th MP 89C (#30) is in operation on Line 4 as of Nov 23 according to the site Symbioz (http://www.symbioz.net/index.php?id=101).
A seventh train, #31, arrived on November 30th.

Alésia - MP 89CC #s 14 & 31 (the 7th train)

Esplanade de la Défense with MP 05 #s 501 & 514 (link only).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YOUy-qq_E

#2,690 ·
Most of the tunnels there are just cut and cover, and the cellular receptivity being discussed here makes me suspect that the cellular signals throughout Paris are much stronger, yet I understand that Paris' library network withdrew wifi service from its libraries some years ago due to proven health-related symptons :nuts:
You will find that in tunnels a special cable called leaky coax is used to delivery mobile signals. Nothing what so ever to do with the strength of the signal above ground.

#2,696 ·