SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Chennai - Malls and Multiplex projects, Entertainment & Week End Get Aways

4M views 10K replies 580 participants last post by  thillai_selvan 
#1 ·
This thread is for multiplex and malls projects in and around Chennai Metropolitan.

Reactions: nitinziw
#105 ·
2 days back i happen to see a signboard in the Hyatt new campus (Hyatt is taking over from Balaji Enterprises i believe) in Mt Road saying Ramee Mall.

Not sure, whether this is a full fledged mall.
Ramee Mall shares 50 per cent of the ground floor, first floor and the entire second floor with a total space of 2 Lakhs sq.ft

Apart from the mall, the 18-floor hotel (ground plus 14 floors and three basement floors) will have 334 rooms and six food and beverage outlets spread over 6,00,000 sq. ft.

#107 ·
2 days back i happen to see a signboard in the Hyatt new campus (Hyatt is taking over from Balaji Enterprises i believe) in Mt Road saying Ramee Mall.

Not sure, whether this is a full fledged mall.
Yesterday i saw the name Ramee Mall opening shortly in that haunted building near to Anna Arivalaiyam....... Is that building was planned for Oberoi hotel??

Google search........

Ramee Group plans Dh5b outlay to develop 15 hospitality projects

By Saifur Rahman, Business Editor
Published: October 18, 2008, 00:01

Dubai: Ramee Group of hotels, which operates 31 mid-sized hotels in the GCC and India, is investing Dh5 billion in 15 new projects in the Gulf and India, a top official said.

These include three five-star properties in Dubai, four projects in Bahrain and three hotels in India.

"Of these, Dh2.7 billion will be invested in the UAE, Dh1.3 billion in Bahrain and a further Dh1 billion in India," Raj Shetty, chairman and managing worker of Ramee Group, told Gulf News.

In addition, it has purchased a shopping mall of 200,000 square feet in Chennai and commenced construction of commercial complex in Mumbai with an investment outlay of Dh1.3 billion.
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Hotel_and_Tourism/10252626.html

#115 ·
Happen to talk to Ampa Mall guys (employee- sr position) today. Looks like they are going to open by June. They are very confident in meeting this. They said that they have crossed all the hurdles (approvals).
Great news! I use Nelson Manickam road very frequently. Though i notice some construction workers on the site, the pace is very slow. Today i noticed some concreting work in the rear side of the mall where the multi level parking is coming up.

It was publicised tht there r around 90 players incl westside, PVR, spencers, Mcdnls. Dont know how many of them are sticking to this delayed project?! Im not seeing the recently opened Indi Mall doing good business. Most of the time the shop s near empty.

#118 ·
^^
yes, facading had started at express mall. i suppose it should open in a year's time once interior designs are complete. ampa mall however looks terrible with all kinds of colors.

seen from green park hotel, lot of construction activities were complete at prestige mall, vadapalani. in the front, it it is still at basement level. building at the back was i think up 4 floors.

#119 ·
Ampa

Happen to talk to Ampa Mall guys (employee- sr position) today. Looks like they are going to open by June. They are very confident in meeting this. They said that they have crossed all the hurdles (approvals).

Not sounding negative...but the fact is that the Ampa guys have been saying this for a long time now...and the activities don't seem to reflect what they say...going very slow...i don't understand how these guys sink in so much of money and then wait for this long to get approvals...it doesn't make any business sense...and it all depends on the source (!?) of their funds...