daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Cebu Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #61
-sharkleman125-
ceeeBOOM!

Likes (Received): 142

@mast. sinj
I already erased the family thing. But I really didn't say the main prob. but
let's wait until the name will be revealed.. I know the name will make us proud
and be different from the other malls in cebu.

CEBU... An Island in the Pacific... The most livable city of all...
-sharkleman125- no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #62
-sharkleman125-
ceeeBOOM!

But I think there is a final design. And it can also be changed.
Like The Terraces which was labeled before as the "Leisure Oasis"

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #63
AmbutLang

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabert View Post
pwede pa.PM din? hehe. my lips will be sealed with super mighty bond.
Bai dabert, kung sealed na sa gi-ingon nimo, na, tube feeding direct to your stomach imong kaon.

5 years pa diay ilang mga condo.SM Mall diay unahon nila aron dili direct competition sa FLI condo developments.
AmbutLang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #64
AmbutLang

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak View Post
^ yeah...i know na VP for VisMin lang ang naka-based sa SM Cebu....and that would be Marissa Fernan...before, my former boss is the Manager of SM Supermarket Cebu...sa uban nga position are Dept. Store Manager and Mall/Operations manager...

Parente
AmbutLang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #65
Henz

Likes (Received): 2778

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbutLang View Post
Bai dabert, kung sealed na sa gi-ingon nimo, na, tube feeding direct to your stomach imong kaon.

5 years pa diay ilang mga condo.SM Mall diay unahon nila aron dili direct competition sa FLI condo developments.
according to the press release.. the residential condo's will be built within the next 2-5 years.......

i think.. if their is already a demand for it.. SM will not wait for the 5 years...

But for sure.. residential condos will follow after.. the mall, the convention center and the hotel will be built.
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #66
mAiNsTrEaMhunter
Sun Worshipper

Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sharkleman125- View Post
@mast. sinj
sure gyud ni bai ha. bantay bitaw mas nindot pa paminawon ang mall of the pacific!
mAiNsTrEaMhunter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #67
naughtycalboy
Where's my Lilo?

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz View Post
SM Prime to spend P20b on Cebu shopping mall
Friday, January 15, 2010
Manila Standard

LISTED SM Prime Holdings on Thursday unveiled plans to build a second mall in Cebu, a 250,000-square-meter shopping paradise that will become the fourth biggest in the country when finished.

The mall will also be a self-contained community since it will be housing two hotels, a two-hectare convention center, and a cluster of high-rise residential condominiums, SM Prime president Hans Sy said.

Sy was in Cebu City to turn over a P400-million check to Mayor Tomas Osmeña, representing SM Prime’s down payment on the P2.7-billion acquisition of 30 hectares of reclaimed land from the city government.

“I assure you, we will definitely deliver not just an ordinary project, but a statement that will put ourselves in the map of the world,” Sy said, adding that the entire complex would be built in five years at a cost of P20 billion.

Osmeña said SM’s formal entry into the South Road Properties signaled the unfolding of a new chapter in the development of Cebu City. Earlier, Filinvest Land of taipan Andrew Gotianun also signed an agreement with City Hall to acquire 50 hectares out of the 295-hectare reclamation project.

With the payment streams from Filinvest and SM Prime—another P1 billion will be forthcoming from the SM Group by year-end—Cebu City is well on its way to pay off the P5-billion loan that the city government obtained from Japan to finance the ambitious reclamation project, Osmena said.

“Because of this, I am now recommending to the City Council for an ordinance that will double the prices of lots at the SRP,” he said.
Ferliza C. Contratista
I knew it, more hotels for Cebu!
naughtycalboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #68
c6josh
BacolodInasalAddict

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak View Post
...it's about time to make a thread...hehehhe!

...ang ebedensya sa SM at SRP

(pic & text from Freeman)

SM Prime Holdings president Hans Sy turns over to Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña the initial payment of P406 million for a portion of SRP to the city government as other city and SM officials look on following the signing of the agreement yesterday. CYRIL CAMPOREDONDO

pic from Sun Star Online (originally posted by @kindofperfect82888 & gtjr)

AFTER SIGNING DEAL TO BUY SRP LOT, SM set to pour P21B into Cebu
THE FREEMAN
15-January 2009
By EHDA M. DAGO-OC

After closing the P2.7 billion deal with the Cebu City government for the purchase of 30 hectares at South Road Properties (SRP), SM Prime Holdings is ready to pour in at least P21 billion in investments here for the next eight years.

SM Prime Holdings president Hans Sy said yesterday that the company will be investing at least P20 billion for the development of the SRP property, plus another P1 billion for the establishment of another mall in the northern part of Cebu.

Sy was in Cebu yesterday to sign the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the City of Cebu led by Mayor Tomas R. Osmeña for the closure of the lot buy negotiation.

Sy, personally turned over a total of P406,456,800.00 to the Cebu City government yesterday and the company now has a total installment payment of about P670 million.

According to Sy, SM will be building one of the 10 largest malls in the world at SRP with 250 thousand square meters allocated for shopping mall development only.

The entire 30 hectares will be a total integrated facility that will host two hotels, a huge convention center of about 20 thousand square meters, high-rise residential and commercial condominiums, a university and a hospital.

This is the start of the whole new ballgame. We are going roll our sleeves. This is the project we’ve envisioned for Cebu,” Sy said.

The formal ground breaking for the horizontal development of the SM project at SRP is set in the next few months, “probably before the rainy season,” Sy said.

The company will first build the shopping mall in the next two and a half years, and it will be followed by other developments like the construction of convention center (similar to its Manila facility SMX at Mall of Asia), the two hotels and eventually the high-rise condominiums.

Simultaneously, while SM Prime is working on to build the project at SRP, Sy said it will also start the construction of the shopping mall to be located in the northern part of Cebu.

Sy however, refused to elaborate on the northern Cebu shopping mall project, as negotiations with its partner is still on going.

He said SM will be spending about a billion pesos for the construction of SM Shopping mall in northern Cebu.

The P21 billion that SM will be investing in Cebu, excluded the company’s outlay on the soon to open Radisson Hotel, which incurred an investment of P2.8 billion.

According to Sy, Cebu’s well-managed economy is one of the reasons why the company has put its money here.

“We are confident of how the whole Cebu is being managed. We are going to duplicate in Cebu what we’ve done in Manila,” he said.

It took SM Prime Holdings three years to negotiate with the Cebu City government for the purchase of the lot at SRP. During the special session yesterday, the city legislators agreed to authorize Mayor Osmeña to sign a deed of conditional sale for 304,100 square meters with SM Prime Holdings president Hans T. Sy.

The city legislators passed the proposed resolution of Councilor Jose Daluz III to allow the mayor to sign the deed of sale with Sy after Councilor Edgardo Labella, who chairs the committee on laws of the Cebu City Council, said there is no legal impediment if the city will enter into a conditional sale for the 30.4 hectares at P2,709,712,000.

The unsolicited proposal of SM Prime Holdings Incorporated to purchase the city lots was published in two newspapers of national and local circulation, Labella said, and no other interested party expressed interest to purchase and to challenge the proposal.

The signing of the deed of conditional sale was done inside the SM City Cebu witnessed by almost all of the city councilors and many barangay captains.

City administrator Francisco “Bimbo” Fernandez explained to Vice Mayor Michael Rama that the principal amount of P2,709,712,000 is payable for six years at an interest of five per cent per annum on a diminishing balance.

After paying the P406 million yesterday, SM Prime Holdings is also required to pay another P433.9 million in four installments within this year, while another P417 million will be paid in 2011.

Fernandez said SM Prime Holdings will also pay P400.1 million in 2012, then P383.1 million in 2013. Another P366.2 million will be paid on 2014, and the last payment of P349.2 million will be settled on 2015.

“Wala na tay problema sa pangbayad sa utang sa city gikan sa Japan Bank for International Cooperation kay gawas sa ibayad sa SM, duna pay millions of pesos nga bayad nga atong makolekta gikan sa Filinvest Land Incorporated,” the city administrator said.

FLI also purchased 10 hectares of the SRP and entered a joint venture project with the city for another 40 hectares.--/NLQ

pic by @rustyboi

pic by @slimer
[/QUOTE]

surprise! surprise! unbelievable development! this will be greater than SM MOA...congrats Cebu!
Old January 18th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #69
MatudNilaBaby
BANNED

Likes (Received): 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6josh View Post
pic by @rustyboi

pic by @slimer
surprise! surprise! unbelievable development! this will be greater than SM MOA...congrats Cebu![/QUOTE]

where man kaha dapita sa srp ang colliseum/sports center ibutang ni tom kay the ccsc is already max naman siguro during sinulog which can spell disaster kon magstampede ang mga tao.
MatudNilaBaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #70
blueguy
Bislong

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
^ What my friend say its a Operations Manager for
SM City Cebu and its Mrs. Alunan if I am not mistaken..

Dli ko mag saba ahehehehe
Naa na gani mga blueprints about sa mall. And the miniature of the project
too is there. I also got the chance to hitch with her car and with his husband
and my friend which is her son.
Quote:
I'll wait till the horse mouth will say it para wala'y leaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post
me too bai, I can wait...
Pero, hala ka bai....wa man nimo gibulgar ang name sa mall, imo sad gibulgar ang situation sa ila family ron,hehehe

Don't worry... its not her....wala man sad GM ang SM....try to visit their admin makita ninyo ang Table of Org nila....yun lang if you have official business...
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #71
blueguy
Bislong

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
@mast. sinj
Quote:
But I think there is a final design. And it can also be changed.
Like The Terraces which was labeled before as the "Leisure Oasis"
not only proud... you will be mesmerized
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #72
kindofperfect82888
- Danger Zone -

Likes (Received): 17

yeah baby!! wohoooo!! new concept ni siya sir?? or ala MOA or skygarden? or something very new nga murag orgasm ang resulta...hehehe
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #73
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
not only proud... you will be mesmerized
haaay! nana sad ni... Mag tanga nasad sa trabaho sigeg huna huna sa design ..hehehe
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #74
gtjr
©®™

Likes (Received): 38

Mall of the SEA = mall of southeast asia
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #75
Jarenz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOYmeat View Post
one things for sure, the rendering posted is by sm investments, not just a sketchup by some adventurous addict
correct pao . . . dili pareha sa uban diha magbuhat2x or mag edit nalang ug existing rendering then buhatan dayon ug pangalan sa lugar nila
Jarenz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #76
slimer

Likes (Received): 501

hehehe... ay ayaw ana bai... let's be grateful of what we have and let's not mind the others
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #77
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom

Likes (Received): 27

Old January 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #78
icondos
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I've never known any other shopping experience than going to SM. I hope people there will benefit from this project and goodluck.
icondos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #79
-sharkleman125-
ceeeBOOM!

basta I think this is the first SM Mall that is not directly a square shaped.
but a curved rectangle mall.

Old January 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #80
-sharkleman125-
ceeeBOOM!

@anjobox
Ako nagud na ang ga ngan sa MOP but i'm really hoping
they will reconsider the MOP name but saon wala na tay mabuhat..

Tags
cebu, city, condominium, island, mall, metro, philippines, seaside, srp, visayas