search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #21
eddyb

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomwhoosh View Post
The torture tube strikes back!
I don't know about that
Bigger seats and more legroom for a cheaper ride you can depend on regardless of the weather
It would be called Magtube the magnificent
eddyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #22
eddyb

As pintpot pointed out in the HSR thread planes and motorbikes would not be allowed if they were invented today

To overcome this problem it would be free to thrillseekers from all over the world until the novelty wore off and then they would be replaced by people wanting a cheaper, better and more reliable ride.
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #23
BobMarcH

Likes (Received): 0

You've still failed to repudiate my assertation that you are nothing more than a running dog for subterranean-shape-changing reptiles, like Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the royal family, and that your Magtube proposal is just a trick to get the government to pay for a cheap tunnel giving your masters direct access to Australia's political capital and two largest cities. You can't prove that this is not true. And before you dismiss this idea, just remember, people once thought that a round earth and the earth going around the sun were the ideas of fools and magicians. Clearly the tunnel will cost more than you state, and once the tunnel it is done, the project will be abandoned for 'budgetary reasons', but the tunnel, with it's secret access point near All Bury will be there, ready for use by an invading army whenver they want.
BobMarcH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #24
castrovalva

Likes (Received): 609

The only way a magtube or hyperloop is going to get built in this country is if it can get coal from the mine to the port quicker.

RoarRa liked this post
castrovalva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #25
eddyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrovalva View Post
The only way a magtube or hyperloop is going to get built in this country is if it can get coal from the mine to the port quicker.
Malcolm is keen on innovation but as he said when he first got in on insiders
"First you have to see if a thing is viable then you have to see if is acceptable to the public"
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #26
eddyb

French TGV losing $3b per year
Japanese big maglev tunnels only 5m per day
Hyperloop insufficient capacity
Only Magtube the magnificent is the answer
Maybe the greens would make it their platform ?
Old October 19th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #27
RoarRa
RAWR ROAR RAWR

Likes (Received): 507

only? thats a lot of only there?
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:10 PM   #28
eddyb

Yep I should have only used one only ha ha

Last edited by eddyb; October 19th, 2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #29
eddyb

Just sent this email off to MAN

Hi
Magtube is similar to Hyperloop but instead of putting axial compressors on pods it would have an axial compressor drawing between 1 and 100 torr in the same direction as the 5.6m wide train in the 6 metre diameter tunnel thus eliminating supersonic bypass of the train and pressure on the front.

I believe a jet engine is designed for these low atmospheric conditions and may draw the 5 million m3 of low pressure air out the tunnel in the 15 minutes it would take the train to travel the 200 kilometres but I have no idea of how many kilowatts the compressor would take if driven electrically.

Could you give me a very rough estimation please.

Regards Eddy Barnett.

Here is a good video of making their big compressor https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vAQxeW4-XBo
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #30
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

I'd settle for the Japanese or Transrapid maglev, tube or no tube. Building anything with conventional wheels on rail seems so unambitious.

eddyb liked this post
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #31
eddyb

I sent this email off to Ultraspeed https://www.ultraspeedaustralia.com/ yesterday.
Hi
I don't know if you have ever heard of Magtube but this is the email I sent to Infrastructure Australia.

Project proposal outline
Magtube would connect Melbourne to Sydney via Albury and Canberra with three single 200km tunnels.
Northbound trains would wait at stations for 15 minutes while southbound are in tunnels and vice versa.
Using NWRL tunnel cost it would be AU$30b for the tunnels and I estimate AU$5b for the maglev track.
2,000 seat trains would leave Sydney 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30 etc.
Melbourne 6.15, 6.45, 7.15, 7.45 etc.

Detailed project proposal
To avoid conflict and keep all the cities fifteen minutes apart I suggest that each city decides where to put their single Magtube station with Victoria, Act and NSW each contributing $500m per year over the ten years it takes to build it matched by the federal government.

As the 5.6m wide 2,000 seat trains will travel up to 1,000 kph the tunnels would need to be straight and deep between stations in hard rock which is the easiest to tunnel through.

To achieve this speed it must be a near vacuum with only one tonne of air entering the tunnel every time a train leaves a station which would be sucked out the other end via an electrically driven jet compressor.

Business case development and assessment
To make it economically viable the federal government would need a ten year interest free loan while it is built which I believe could be obtained from China or South Korea as they both want to develop a I,000 kph train or even Japan as it is desperate to sell their maglev technology which will be even better in ten years

Becoming a monopoly and lasting over 100 years when finished it would pay for itself many times over while growing Albury and Canberra to over five million each with much opportunity for value capture.

Other spin offs in my opinion are it would take pressure off Sydney and Melbourne, delay a second airport at Sydney, if 100 person carriages are used people can just hop on like a bus, much more secure than any surface rail, not limited by g force or air resistance, very cheap to run as maglev has no wheels and I may be going a bit far but defence could be in either city very quickly.

I believe the majority of voters would love it especially those who are unemployed in the country.

If you have any questions please email me.

[email protected]
Regards Eddy Barnett
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:20 AM   #32
eddyb

Just got an email saying Magtube has missed out on the Infrastructure Australia help so I replied that my new Free face TBM design that would drive 10m per hour is finished and would they reconsider it.https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/sea...e%20face%20TBM
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #33
BobMarcH

There's evidence that the magnetic poles are turning, and this would put satellites out and wreck the whole GPS system, destroying aviation, the rail system hardworking, Google map navigation and almost everything. Magtube, being in a tunnel, won't be influenced. Perhaps we need it as an insurance? A thinner tunnel but longer tube is going to be cheaper for matching capacity. Your application is worthy, but tell them about the GPS point, it could get you over the line for funding.
Old November 11th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #34
eddyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarcH View Post
There's evidence that the magnetic poles are turning, and this would put satellites out and wreck the whole GPS system, destroying aviation, the rail system hardworking, Google map navigation and almost everything. Magtube, being in a tunnel, won't be influenced. Perhaps we need it as an insurance? A thinner tunnel but longer tube is going to be cheaper for matching capacity. Your application is worthy, but tell them about the GPS point, it could get you over the line for funding.
I do not know why you keep trying to belittle me.

If you have a real point just make it.
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:16 PM   #35
BobMarcH

And your refusal to answer serious questions isn't belittling? Here and elsewhere people ask you to justify your idea and prove the essentials behind it and you just ignore them. You treat people like morons and now play the victim. The posters on that American site tore strips off you and you brushed them off for 'lack of local knowledge'.
Old November 12th, 2017, 12:48 AM   #36
eddyb

OK just give me one question
Old November 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #37
BobMarcH

Why? You won't answer it anyway.

Last edited by BobMarcH; November 12th, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old November 12th, 2017, 08:43 PM   #38
eddyb

Try me
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:54 PM   #39
eddyb

I worked out why the Swissmetro failed and that is because they wanted to have vacuum pumps spread out instead of using a bigger train as the primary compressor with the secondary jet compressor drawing the air in the same direction and at the same speed of the train creating a higher vacuum
Old November 18th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #40
eddyb

What if the Russians beat us to it https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...fb7ba767c06f40

Also I have finished my Free face TBM for deep hard rock https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/sea...e%20face%20TBM