daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #381
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 913

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
The top part of a tower has uniqueness and beauty, but the facing most part (red color) transforms it in usual commieblock.
The majority of Germans at this forum don't see achievements of other countries and cities. Only in this theme all Germans named the best tower Messeturm, but there are many other beautiful buildings.
I not the nationalist absolutely, me some Germans only irritate
And which ones, actually? You say the majority...
I could imagine the amount of russian users whose favorite european skyscraper is not in Moscow is quite low, why do you think the same kind of bias is not okay for Germans? I (for example) even think that at least 3 of the towers that were built in London in the last 3 years (incl. the U/C Shard, Strata and Heron T.) are better than anything being built in Frankfurt in same period (although there are also very nice ones IMO, such as Nextower, Opernturm or Tower 185). For my taste some towers in Moscow City appear a bit generic but I love the design of the 'City of Capitals' towers. However, Messeturm as a masterpiece of postmodernism remains my #1 (so far).
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #382
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinamies View Post
Innovative, but doesn't look good.
+1
Los Earth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #383
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

the yummy heron tower > messume !!!

image hosted on flickr

Heron Tower / City of London by George Rex, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/people/eginews/

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivergt/

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oliverg...n/photostream/

Zefire liked this post
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #384
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4206

^
Don't think this is even close to Messeturm.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #385
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
^
Don't think this is even close to Messeturm.
messeturm would be no different if it was put among skyscrapers in manila or bangkok whereas buildings like the gherkin, the heron, one canada square, the shard, the pinnacle, the cheese grater, the cucumber tower, the walkie talkie, and the razor tower etc etc are the quality ones and very iconic buildings which are made with quality glass, shiny steel, reflective panels and high-end materials including the fantastic lighting at night, on top of that they have their own unique designs and distinct features which can be easily classified among other skyscrapers, but overrated building like the messuem tower is no more than a tall commie block or kinda like a building which is cladded with red bricks to me, sorry my friend, the truth is frankfurt fails when it comes to architecture, height, quantity, quality etc

here is messuem tower's cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanix View Post
Like the tour parte-dieu in lyon ?

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by SO143; January 27th, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #386
haikiller11
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2263

Seriously, do we need to argue about this London vs Frankfurt stuffs?

Tbh, Frankfurt has a better skyline but when it comes to skyscrapers London is much better

Let's have some examples. Lloyds Buiding, Willis Building, Satra, Heron Tower, The Shard, City Point and of course the great ***** of London.
haikiller11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #387
goschio
proud Kuffar

Everybody has different preferences. I prefer stone cladding becasue it looks more solid and classy. Glass facades come kind of cheap IMO. Something you see in every third world skyline.

The heron tower would look so much better with a nice solid sand stone facade.

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #388
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Everybody has different preferences. I prefer stone cladding becasue it looks more solid and classy. Glass facades come kind of cheap IMO. Something you see in every third world skyline.
which planet are you living on mate? the gherkin alone is worth more than $1 billion and the cost of the shard is estimated at $2.34 billion which is more than the total cost of a bunch of the best skyscrapers in frankfurt combined together and the real cheap looking buildings are the ones in frankfurk. btw the cities where modern and quality skyscrapers are popping out everyday are not third world countries/skylines, if you ain't so stuck up you should have described them as emerging countries/skylines and in fact they have a lot of potential, energy and they are the future. or are you going to claim frankfurt is better than the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikiller11 View Post
Seriously, do we need to argue about this London vs Frankfurt stuffs?

Tbh, Frankfurt has a better skyline but when it comes to skyscrapers London is much better

Let's have some examples. Lloyds Buiding, Willis Building, Satra, Heron Tower, The Shard, City Point and of course the great ***** of London.
it does not surprise me since all the available towers/highrises are built at the same place. nowadays a lot of people are changing their opinion and perception and their faith in frankfurt skyline is getting lesser and lesser as this overrated skyline has lost credibility, it has little potential and it does not offer any promising future as well. it's kind of understandable because frankfurt is just a small town with shrinking population. no doubt it will not be able to compete against mega cities and the world financial centre city.

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by SO143; January 27th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #389
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1392

Quote:

The heron tower would look so much better with a nice solid sand stone facade.
That's the point. Some prefer glas claddings, and some prefer stone-claddings (NOT concrete!!).

And these groups (at least in this forum) will never get along. Calling MesseTurm a commie block is just ridiculous in architecture terms. But nvm

Imo Triumph Palace in Moscow and the Palace of Culture and Sciene in Warsaw are the best skyscrapers. THIS is architecture. Not a overdimensioned shard put in the ground of London. :p
cardiac86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #390
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

Likes (Received): 5

@so143 I could never tell better than this

Last edited by MiuW; January 27th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
MiuW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #391
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

Sapphire Istanbul

http://www.habertimes.com/iste-sapph...mleri,107.html
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #392
SO143
BANNED

this highrise is only 135m tall but it is perhaps my fav building in frankfurt, imo it looks better than commiebank plaza and messumetum towers.

it design is modern just like some towers in tokyo, but the cladding is a bit odd.

full size

Zefire liked this post
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #393
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

so short and westendstrasse looks better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fr..._Maintower.jpg
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #394
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiuW View Post
so short and westendstrasse looks better

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Maintower.jpg
yeah it's very short and i should not have posted that tower in this thread because it is not skyscraper, but a highrise.

imo that westend tower looks very cheap and almost identical to the ones in bangkok or manila.

Zefire liked this post
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #395
goschio
proud Kuffar

How should anyone take you serious if you can't even spell the names of the towers correctly. Or at least in way that even remotely resembles the real name.

Old January 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #396
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

im curious. why australians and canadians still support frankfurt?
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #397
VitMos

Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
How should anyone take you serious if you can't even spell the names of the towers correctly. Or at least in way that even remotely resembles the real name.
At you arguments have ended and you have started to speak about grammar?
When I looked projects in Frankfurt, I have noticed that at them at all an identical facade, I don't see beauty in this monotony commieblocks.
VitMos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #398
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiuW View Post
im curious. why australians and canadians still support frankfurt?
This is exaclty the post that reveals your mindest. This is NOT city vs city.

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #399
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
At you arguments have ended and you have started to speak about grammar?
When I looked projects in Frankfurt, I have noticed that at them at all an identical facade, I don't see beauty in this monotony commieblocks.
They really have all an identical facade and resemble commieblocks?

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #400
VitMos

Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
They really have all an identical facade and resemble commieblocks?

Certainly it not commieblocks, but appears impression that for Frankfurt it is typical architecture. They are too monotonous
VitMos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
belgrade, berlin, frankfurt, ljubljana, london, milan, moscow, paris, skopje, stockholm