SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Unidentified U/C Projects

205K views 902 replies 82 participants last post by  bankacc 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Everywhere I go I am noticing new buildings going up left and right. Since I dont have enough info on them at the moment I thought I would just start a thread for all the projects underway that we dont have much info on. Hopefully as time goes by and we learn more we can start a new thread for each one.

Please post any pics of U/C projects that you dont know much about or that dont fit in anywhere else.

#145 ·
^^euh...I don't think we are talking about the same building...Mirna Tower, from what I remember, is not really next to Sheraton. In the same area, yes, but maybe 100m far from it...

It's a residential highrise, right? I think 18+ floors....totally forgot...Ali, were you able to count the number of floors on the render?

But this tower isn't modern at all...another beiruti residential, but it's a bit tall compared to other bldgs..

#152 ·
If you look at the old Marriott from the image angle that I posted, you can see 6 towers on the left side - those were all U/C in 2006 before the war. It looks like they are all complete as of now. I just thought that the Mirna Tower was one of them since I remember reading the name off of the billboard as I drove by... but you could be right in the plot you outlined.

#150 ·
^^Unfortunatelly, they're not demolishing those slum-housing. Although, Iran fixed the road as part of the war 2006 helps. They separated the going/coming sides, added flowers...Nothing special but it's still better than nothing..

There are plenty of empty plots in that part of Beirut:

Near the ministry of education:

#156 ·
arent those slums the hezbollah strong hold?
those people have been living there (illegaly) for decades, they wouldnt want to leave (wouldnt be able to afford to either). best solution to reclaim that area is to build high density housing north-east of the airport and concentrate as many people possible into as little land as possible. leaving us most of that area open for development (maybe a large industrial estate would be nice, to employ the people living there)!
to south-beirut :cheers:

#153 ·
The Jnah area has amazing residential architecture, esp around BHV...
There's also another u/c bldg next to Mirna tower called Panda-Hindawi
(hehe I thought it should be mentioned coz it's sounds funny, like "Hello, plz can u deliever 2 large pepperoni to Panda Hindawi")
ok I'm going over board...
Cheers

#155 ·
I love Jnah area .......... so quite and luxurious
rabih r Mirna tower and Panda-Hindawi close to spinneys ?? cant seem to id them

#158 · (Edited)
Inbetween Mirna tower and Panda-Hindawi there's a bldg with a commercial glass space on the first 2 floors, they usually have a hariri poster there.

I guess I should cruise in that area more often... i'll try to get more pics

And the ministry of education is not where the box is, it's downwards of it built instead of the white bldg after demolishing it...

By rabih_alt at 2008-04-05

#160 ·
^^

A really nice new bldg in Sakiet El Janzir (where i live)

I use to walk/drive through this area all the time when I stayed in Raouche. .. but I'm having a hard time visualizing where this building is in my mind. Is it near the mosque and former basketball courts? There were also a couple halted buildings in that area that were almost topped out a couple years ago...are those complete?

#166 ·
what u mean?
I access it from google.com then maps, right?

the problem is that i don't know how u guys cut an image from google earth and save it as an image

#167 ·
^^ nop :) google earth is a program
anyway maps is fine too ........... just click the "print screen" button and then paste it in Paint .... then save and Upload

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.