SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MONTERREY, MEXICO - A Modern Beauty in the Mountains

753K views 2K replies 259 participants last post by  christos-greece 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!
Presenting beautiful Monterrey, one of the most modern cities in Latin America
Progress surrounded by Mountains
Enjoy!

Monterrey is the capital city of the northeastern Mexican state of Nuevo León. Also known as the "City of the Mountains" and "Sultana del Norte" (Sultan of the North), the city is a modern industrial and business center. It is the second most populated metropolitan area in the country and the second largest in area after Mexico City. The whole metropolitan area has been ranked as having the highest GDP per capita and as the most secure conurbation in Latin America in 2005[1] and one of the two most secure in 2006.

The Monterrey metropolitan area has approximately
5,341,991 inhabitants.

Cheers!

platenarium

:)

See less See more
#225 ·
*photo since the thread of Monterrey in Latinamerican forum. I don't know the name of the owner, whoever please let us know
view of Monterrey and San Pedro
His name is Ramiro Chavez (http://www.flickr.com/photos/espacios/848549496/)
by the way, he's doing a great job taking amazing pictures inside Fundidora Park & Santa Lucia Riverwalk.
greetings !

love this thread !

#231 · (Edited)
Nothing special
Whatever, Rio is beautiful, except that is one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and poverty is so high, at least we don't have that in Monterrey uh?

by the way,
Monterrey Metropolitan Area has been ranked as having the highest GDP per capita and as the most secure conurbation in Latin America in 2005[2] and one of the two most secure in 2006.

The best for business 2007, and I can continue...

So why be so superficially beautiful, if you have so many problems in your soul
:lol:

here other "nothing special pictures"

#239 ·
^^^ most of them!

and frida kahlo was completely a success!

by the way...those pictures show what the city is really made of,

those night shots look amazing!

Congratulations for the people who takes this photos, I really enjoyed them.

#240 ·
Thanks guys, yes the Universal Forum is been quite amazing, and Frida's exhibition is one of the largest of its kind ever happened, after the success in Monterrey, Frida's largest collection is going to Minneapolis MN. I hope they enjoy it as much as Regios did.

MARCO Museum host the exhibition
(Monterrey Contemporary Museum of Art)

Some photos of the exhibition took by Sassan P

These are some picture from other venues at Fundidora Park, that host the Cultural Universal Forum