daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Old September 28th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #2181
SteveCourty

Likes (Received): 18

This is a peculiar looking stadium I still don't know if I like it or not. I guess the option of expansion could never happen without removal of the entire roof?
SteveCourty no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #2182
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 3240

Check out if you have tonight's match on your tv, OM-Saint-Etienne. Should be a great occasion. It's the first home match against a direct rival, this season, and also the chance to put 5 points ahead of PSG after only 8 rounds.
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #2183
endrity

Likes (Received): 80

I don't think it came out as good as it could, but it's still a very imposing stadium.

Does anyone have data on their attendance figures, have been rising this year? What about the impact on OM's finances and whether this will allow the club to significantly increase their revenue?

Next year is PSG and OM make it to the Champions League and Lyon, with a new stadium, joins them, French football can really make an impact I feel.
endrity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #2184
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

Likes (Received): 6567

Tonight :

Source : https://twitter.com/sylvainemignogn/...198144/photo/1

We'll always have Paris.
cochise75 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #2185
endrity

Watching the game right now, the atmosphere is great. If it's always like that, this place will become famous really soon.

Only drawback is the stands behind the goals are a bit too far away for me, but they were already like that so they were not affected by the renovation.
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #2186
Douly

Likes (Received): 709

Yesterday's game. OM Vs ASSE

(photos from info stades)

Visit the MP2013 official thread on SSP

alexandru.mircea, Sangnaris, Rasmus liked this post
Douly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #2187
Pytheas1899

Likes (Received): 69

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #2188
Douly

Likes (Received): 709

Few shots of the stadium can be seen on the following trailer:

0:43 and 1:42

Douly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #2189
Stuj4z

Likes (Received): 1

Why are the huge fences still there? Surely they could just have a bit of netting and a few overweight stewards in between fans like here in England.
Stuj4z no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #2190
The Real Gazmon

Likes (Received): 122

I'll be honest, I loved this stadium before construction - have been a fan since France '98 - but, now it just looks unnatural and the steel supports under the roof make it look far too industrial, it's lost its glamour. Again, just a personal opinion.

Reality7 liked this post
The Real Gazmon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #2191
endrity

I disagree, I think it will become very much an iconic stadium in European football much like Dortmund's if OM can make sure that fans keep coming back. It creates a very imposing atmosphere.

I really hope they try to privatise it though, and then invest a little more to improve some of the aesthetics, like covering those steel supports.

I also wonder if allowing a fan section without seats like the Germans do would improve the atmosphere even more.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #2192
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
I don't think it came out as good as it could, but it's still a very imposing stadium.

Does anyone have data on their attendance figures, have been rising this year? What about the impact on OM's finances and whether this will allow the club to significantly increase their revenue?

Next year is PSG and OM make it to the Champions League and Lyon, with a new stadium, joins them, French football can really make an impact I feel.
The average attendance so far is 48959 (#1 in the league) compared to 38129 last season and 33473 two seasons ago but I think the promising football project now is an important reason, at least as important as the completion of the stadium works. Sunday's attendance of 55367 is the season record in L1 so far (and only they themselves can better it).

The capacity won't make a difference for French clubs because of cheap ticket prices , I have a forum friend somewhere else and he's doing a year abroad in Marseille - just told me that they have cheaper tickets at OM than he has at his local third division club in England, Daggenham & Redbridge. Lille have season tickets in their new stadiums at around 130 euros (the lowest), and I remember looking up Lyon's ticket prices for a L1 match and they had 12 euro priced tickets in the ends. So if the new stadiums make a difference for the clubs it has to come through the new VIP facilities.

Thought the stadium looked smashing on Sunday with the large crowd and the sense of occasion, but then it's known already that I'm a fan.
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #2193
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 879

from info stades.fr
http://www.info-stades.fr/forum/ligu...5.html#p199310

Last edited by Axelferis; Today at 01:08 PM.
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
stadiums and arenas