daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Cultural and Sporting Venues

Cultural and Sporting Venues From Football Stadiums to Opera Houses.

Old March 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #1
gothicform
Bossman

Likes (Received): 2857

footballers homes

was thinking about ryan giggs pad at 1 deansgate and michael owens one in beetham liverpool, anyone here know of any other big name priemiership footballers and their homes. i dont just mean skyscrapers here...
am particularly interested in thierry henry as ive read he has the most expensive home ever built by a footballer in the uk.
gothicform no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 15th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #2
ManchesterISwonderful
Sometimes I, fan-ta-sise

Likes (Received): 0

A few more United players live in Deansgate 1. And Phil Neville has recently bought one in The Beethams(Manc).
ManchesterISwonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #3
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Likes (Received): 2

Something about Henry

Quote:
'I respect Arsene a lot,' Henry says of this maturing process. 'He lets you lead your life.' That life, in Henry's case, is a long way from the Premiership caricature of Footballers' Wives. Henry married his English model girlfriend Nicole Merry - with whom he starred in the Renault ad - last year. Rather than migrate out to the soccer suburbs of Hertfordshire they live in Hampstead in a contemporary £6m minimalist house on the edge of the Heath. His team-mates for Arsenal and France, Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires, are near neighbours. (Historians of London might find it appropriate that this trio plot their European campaigns from London's most civilised cafés: General de Gaulle once directed the Free French in a very different kind of resistance from his home round the corner.)
JDRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #4
Cabman
Do A Little Dance

Likes (Received): 12

You can't see much of the actual house as it is surrounded by conifers. A few of my passengers have pointed it out to me, it is on West Heath Rd.
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #5
Starscraper
Ouch

Likes (Received): 15

Harry Redknap has a rather large house at Sandbanks in Poole. My mother knows exactly which one it is.
Starscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Cabman
Do A Little Dance

Likes (Received): 12

My wife is pa to David Sullivan chairman of Birmingham City and works at his mansion. It is claimed to be the largest house built by a private individual in England during the 20th century. It is called Birch hall and is in Theydon Bois in Essex.

Last edited by Cabman; March 19th, 2006 at 08:54 AM.
Cabman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #7
Rigadon
ISAO OKANO

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabman
You can't see much of the actual house as it is surrounded by conifers. A few of my passengers have pointed it out to me, it is on West Heath Rd.
Is this view better?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source...EST+HEATH+ROAD
Rigadon no está en línea   Reply With Quote