daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2015, 09:25 AM   #16241
sfs

Likes (Received): 1224

Hosadurga-Chikkajajur doubling

CC: Rohit Jain

Near Chikkajajuru yard
vvvv

shubhodaya, sunder.k, ThreePointStar liked this post
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 24th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #16242
shubhodaya

Likes (Received): 23

Konkan Railway’s Roll on-Roll off (RoRo) service earns INR 53 Crore in 2014-15
मंगलुरु Mangalore (MAQ): The unique and innovative Roll-on Roll-off (Ro-Ro) service of Konkan Railway will complete 16 years of its successful operation on January 26. The Roll-on Roll-off service has earned Konkan Railway Rs 53.31 crore in 2014-15 up to December as compared to Rs 47.4 crore in corresponding period in the previous year.

More than 40,000 trucks were carried through Roll-on Roll-off in 2014-15 up to December.

Konkan Railway came up with the innovative Roll-on Roll-off service in 1999 whereby loaded goods trucks are carried piggy back on railway flat wagons. This service is unique only to Konkan railway. The popularity of the service can be seen from the fact that about four lakh goods trucks have been carried by this service so far in 16 years.

Introduction of Roll-on Roll-off services has been a win-win situation for railways, road transporters as well as the Nation. Roll-on Roll-off is an innovative means of establishing a synergistic relationship between the railways and the roadways instead of being competitors. The service has helped the railways to get back the piecemeal traffic which had got diverted to the road sector. The service benefits the truck owners as well as the railways, while saving precious diesel for the country. It saves wear and tear of tyres, reduces maintenance cost of trucks, enables faster turn-round of trucks, faster delivery of goods, gives higher profits, less pollution, and better road safety. Also decongests the National Highway and gives a hassle-free ride to the truck drivers.

There are two services of Roll-on Roll-off – one between Kolad (145 km from Mumbai) and Verna (a distance of 417 km), and second between Kolad and Surathkal (a distance of 721 km). Delivery is within 12 hrs for Kolad-Verna, within 22 hrs for Kolad-Surathkal, which by road would take atleast about 24 hrs and 40 hrs respectively.
source;railnews.co.in
shubhodaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #16243
Siddu

Likes (Received): 62

DVS lost both Railway Ministry and SBC-MAQ Kudla Express

DVS lost both Railway Ministry and SBC-MAQ Kudla Express
read more:-
http://epaper.kannadaprabha.in/PUBLI...15_003_024.jpg
Siddu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM   #16244
vkprasadgowda
vk prasad

Likes (Received): 0

road

nice
vkprasadgowda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #16245
vkprasadgowda
vk prasad

when this road is opened
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #16246
vkprasadgowda
vk prasad

good
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #16247
DigitalOne

Likes (Received): 12

Columns on Indian Railways

Bibek Debroy, a noted economist and member of the committee which is working on improving the Indian Railways, writes a weekly column on the state of the Indian railways.

Link: http://swarajyamag.com/author/bdebroy/

tejaswi.bgl liked this post
DigitalOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM   #16248
mukundvs

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder.k View Post
SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY
PRESS RELEASE
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICE, SECUNDERABAD - 500 071
No.710/2014-1522-01-2015
SecunderabadTimings of Secunderabad-Yesvantpur-Secunderabad Tri-Weekly Garib Rath Express Revised

The Timings of Train No. 12735/12736 Secunderabad-Yesvantpur-Secunderabad Tri-Weekly Garib Rath Express is revised with effect from 22nd January, 2015.
As per the revised timings, Train No. 12735 Secunderabad – Yesvantpur Tri-Weekly Garib Rath Express will depart Secunderabad at 07:50 pm (instead of 07:15 pm), depart Begumpet at 08:00 pm, Lingampalli at 08:25 pm, Chittapur at 00:10 am, Yadgir at 01:45 am, Raichur at 02:40 am, Guntakal Junction at 04:35 am, Anantapur at 06:10 am, Dharmavaram at 07:25 am, Hindupur at 08:30 am and arrive Yesvantpur at 11:15 am (instead of 07:40 am) o*n the next day.
In the return direction, Train No. 12736 Yesvantpur – Secunderabad Tri-Weekly Garib Rath Express will depart Yesvantpur at 01:30 pm (instead of 07:15 pm), depart Hindupur at 03:05 pm, Dharmavaram at 05:05 pm, Anantapur at 05:40 pm, Guntakal at 07:30 pm, Raichur at 09:15 pm, Yadgir at 10:10 pm, Chittapur at 11:35 pm, Lingampalli at 03:01 am, Begumpet at 03:25 am and arrive Secunderabad at 04:00 am (instead of 08:35 am) o*n the next day.
A BIG GAME BY BUS LOBBY AND CORRUPT SOUTHWESTERN RAILWAY OFFICIALS , just to give bus lobby an edge railways discourage techies to use Garibrath exp , sad state.
mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #16249
mukundvs

Likes (Received): 20

New Hyderabad Garib Rath timings seem aimed at helping private bus owners

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46005825.cms?

Techies’ train plans go bust

Vamsidhar Kothala, a software engineer working in Bengaluru travels to Hyderabad every weekend. He prefers to take the train as he can effortlessly reach the Telangana capital. However, starting this week, he is unable to take his favourite Garib Rath, courtesy the changed train timings. Thousands of techies and others from Andhra Pradesh/Telangana region work in Bengaluru and head to their native place every Friday to return on Monday. This is the reason why trains and buses running between Bengaluru and Hyderabad are always jam-packed on weekends. The changed timings by Railways have put such thousands in great difficulty.

Analysing train timings
In the wake of this, a close look at the timings of trains travelling between the two big cities reveals that most regular trains to Hyderabad leave Bengaluru in the afternoon and reach Hyderabad in the middle of night, not a convenient schedule for the working class. There are but a few trains that leave the city in the night - which is most convenient for people working in the regular shift - but securing tickets on them is a horrendous task.
There seems to be no rationale in the decision of the Railways to run afternoon trains between these two cities, which have one of the highest commuter densities. For that matter, the big question is who would benefit from trains that start from the city in the afternoon? Uday Reddy, a techie from Bengaluru said, "Earlier Garib Rath, the air-conditioned economical train, left Bengaluru on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. Every Friday, I would finish my work and take the train to Hyderabad. Now, with the train leaving on Friday afternoon itself, I can no longer take it. As there is no Garib Rath on Saturday, I have no option but to hop onto a bus. More than a thousand like me travelled on that train and now all those people will have to shift to buses. So the bus lobby seems to be clicking. The AC train ticket costs around Rs 705 as against bus tickets that keep fluctuating with demand, sometimes costing 2,500."
"As it is, buses have an edge over trains. Most of the Volvo buses reach Hyderabad in less than 10 hours while train travel takes 13 to 15 hours. It was a spate of bus accidents that made commuters shift to trains as they considered it a safer option. Ever since the Garib Rath train time has changed, you can check that tickets are always available as against an earlier situation when one had difficulty getting tickets on this train.

Bus lobby at work?
"The bus lobby seems to be working hard, and succeeding, as many of the buses that ply between Bengaluru and Hyderabad are owned by powerful politicians. Bus operators are sure to benefit from the change," he added.
"The Railways operate trains at inconvenient times and then say that passenger trains are not making profits. It is high time the Railways realised that their infrastructure needs to be upgraded. The Yelahanka-Guntakal section is a single line and this needs to be doubled," added Mandoth, a regular train traveller.
Bengaluru-working techies have the same grouse on their return trips. When they land in the city at odd hours of the night or too early in the morning - like when travelling by the Kacheguda-Yeshwanthpur that arrives at 3.30 am - they end up paying huge auto or taxi fares since there are no buses to head home before going out to work bleary eyed.
In response to their dilemma, the executive member of Zonal Railway User's Consultative Committee, Southern and South Western Railways said, "This is a great inconvenience to railway commuters. I will take up the issue at the highest level." But another railway official said that the density on the Yelahanka-Guntakal section was very high and this was the reason why they were going for afternoon trains.

Passenger -unfriendly trains

Yeshwanthpur-IndoreExpBengaluru (Departure) 11.30 am Hyderabad (Arrival) 11.48 pm

Mysore-Jaipur Exp Bengaluru (Departure) 1 pm Hyderabad (Arrival) 2.05 am
Yeshwanthpur-Secunderabad Exp Bengaluru (Departure) 1.30 pm Hyderabad (Arrival) 4 pm

Yeshwanthpur-Kacheguda Exp Bengaluru (Departure)2.30 pm Hyderabad (Arrival)3.40 am

Prashanti Nilayam Exp ​Bengaluru (Departure)3.30 pm Hyderabad (Arrival)5 am
Yeshwanthpur-Jabalpur Exp Bengaluru (Departure) 3.50 pm Hyderabad (Arrival)3.50 am

dyamannavar liked this post
mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #16250
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Likes (Received): 1304

An account of what I could deduce from the Bangalore - Hassan railway line project, from the highway.

2 days ago, I had been on a long leisure drive with my family to Hassan. This helped me to see a good portion of what is actually happening with the Bangalore - Hassan railway line, a project which I feel would be of immense benefit to Hassan. There are very few pictures this time as I was on the wheels; hence this post shall be more textual than pictorial.

This was somewhere between Solur and Kunigal, if I am not wrong. One could see both men and machines at work on the mound.

This was surely between Yediyur and Hirisave. I think this is the bridge over River Shimsha.

Before Hirisave again.

The trip involved visiting a crazy number of temples (and I am bored of them, big time), of which Siddalingeshwara temple at Yediyur was one. Yediyur station is no more than 300 metres from this temple and can be easily seen from the temple; this I suppose, would be useful for the devotees who arrive at the town by train. This station could also be used by the people who wish to visit Markonahalli dam (built on river Shimsha, by Sir M. Vishveshwaraya), which I learn is merely 5 Km from the temple.

Connectivity to Yediyur station is not really a problem as it is not more than 500 metres from the highway. Many Hassan bound KSRTC Sarige buses as well as the private ones stop at the junction of the temple road with the highway; shared auto rickshaws are also available.

Google makes me feel that the upcoming stations at Solur and Kunigal are not really far from the respective towns. Nelamangala station is not far either, but there is no straight road connecting the heart of the town to the station. Hence people have to wade through the congested narrow U-shaped route (towards Dodballapur) to reach the station, due to which railways there, does not have an advantage over BMTC.

At Channarayapatna, the railway line intercepts the road towards KR Pet and Holenarsipur (I know it because, we visited the temple at Holenarsipur and then drove to Hassan). This again, did not seem far from the town at all, although one gets the feeling of being on the periphery; there is almost nothing apart from farm lands beyond the railway bridge at Channarayapatna.

At Hassan, we entered the town from the new bus station end. Hassan - Mangalore railway line intercepts the bus station road just a few metres beyond; we had to make way for a goods train here during which the traffic situation was terrible. The width of the road to cross the track is very narrow and the reasons for the absence of a flyover are obvious. I feel Mysore division could put up a station beside the bus station so as to create a transport interchange point for the city. Hassan junction is located on the old BM road i.e Bangalore - Mangalore road.

The stations of Solur, Kunigal, BGS Nagar / Adichunchanagiri, Hirisave and Shravanabelagola are not visible from the highway (actually even Yediyur is not; I spoke of it only because I have seen it). However, I feel most of these are close to the old highway except for Nelamangala and Shravanabelagola, which never lied on the highway connecting Bangalore and Mangalore, via Hassan.

Last edited by tejaswi.bgl; Yesterday at 05:32 PM.
tejaswi.bgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #16251
MysoreOne

Likes (Received): 2349

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejaswi.bgl View Post
The stations of BGS Nagar, Adichunchanagiri are not visible from the highway
this 2 stations are also beside highway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MysoreOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #16252
shubhodaya

ಬೀದರ್-ಕಲಬುರಗಿ ರೈಲುಮಾರ್ಗ ವರ್ಷದಲ್ಲಿ ಪೂರ್ಣ
ಭಾಲ್ಕಿ:ಬೀದರ್-ಕಲಬುರಗಿ ರೈಲು ಮಾರ್ಗ ಮುಂದಿನ ಒಂದು ವರ್ಷದಲ್ಲಿ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಎಂದು ಸಂಸದ ಭಗವಂತ ಖೂಬಾ ವಿಶ್ವಾಸ ವ್ಯಕ್ತ ಪಡಿಸಿದರು. ಪಟ್ಟಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾನುವಾರ ಸುದ್ದಿಗೋಷ್ಠಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾತನಾಡಿದ ಅವರು, ಈ ರೈಲು ಮಾರ್ಗ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಂಡರೆ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗೆ ನಾಲ್ಕು ಹೊಸ ರೈಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಓಡಿಸಲಾಗುವುದು. ಲಾತೂರ ಹೈದರಾಬಾದ್ ಎಕ್ಸ್*ಪ್ರೆಸ್ ರೈಲು ಓಡಿಸಲು ಕ್ರಮ ಕೈಗೊಳ್ಳಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ ಎಂದರು
source:vijaykarnataka.indiatimes.com
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #16253
sfs

Source: vijaykarnatakaepaper

=============================================================

Byappanahalli station to be developed as 3rd terminal

5 platforms, 2 through lines, 6 stabling lines and 4 pit lines have been planned.

Railways has 70 acres land at Byappanahalli and 174 crores plan has been submitted to Railway board after the approval from the SWR.
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #16254
sfs

Udayavani
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #16255
ThreePointStar

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Hosadurga-Chikkajajur doubling

CC: Rohit Jain

Near Chikkajajuru yard
vvvv

Nice updates, sfs..
ThreePointStar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 PM   #16256
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Likes (Received): 1304

My few thoughts on a railway line connecting Hassan and Chikmagalur via Belur

I have been visiting Hassan since a very young age, as one of my relatives served as a bank manager there for a certain period. Moreover, I have visited Udupi just too many times to remain isolated from the developments that the city has witnessed in the past few years. I do not think twice before saying that Hassan is one of my favorite tier 2 cities in Karnataka (the other 2 being Udupi and Karwar).

I feel people are so accustomed to associating Hassan with the phrase "Bangalore - Mangalore" that they seldom think about one Chikmagalur which as everyone knows, is much closer to the city than the state capital or the coastal city. Like I've done in the past, I am presenting my version of a line linking Hassan and Chikmagalur, which has not been planned by the railways.

There could be a Hassan West Junction from where the line towards Chikmagalur line originates. A bypass line from Sakleshpur end could be provided to avoid the construction of a Sakleshpur - Chikmagalur line, which supposedly is 'frozen' (and I don't know what it means in railway parlance).

Google tells me that despite passing through Halebeed, the line is merely 57 Km as against the road route which is 61 Km and covers only Belur. The line should approach Chikmagalur from the Adhishakti Nagar so that trains bound to Kadur (like Mysore - Dharwad) need not undergo an engine reversal.

Trains should begin to originate at Hassan too and these should pass through Arasikere. However, those arriving from Mysore, could be rerouted via Chikmagalur; this should apply only to the new trains that would be introduced once this line is complete. The existing trains should continue to run along the old routes.

Tourism industry could flourish in Hassan as Shravanabelagola, Belur, Halebeed in addition to Chikmagalur district would receive rail connectivity from big cities. Sakleshpur already has it, although it is nothing much to speak about. This would also help in the development of industrial suburbs around Hassan City.

I remember reading a newspaper article sometime ago, which threw light on how cab drivers of Hassan are eagerly waiting for the completion of the Bangalore - Hassan line as rail connectivity would prompt tourists to reach the city by train and then opt for cabs for the purpose of local sightseeing. Presently, a majority of domestic and foreign tourists to Hassan district (and their number is not really low) reach Hassan or Chikmagalur by cabs hired at Bangalore itself, either at KIA or their hotel, depending on their itinerary for the capital.

Cab drivers based in Bangalore can find customers of all sorts whereas those based in Hassan need to depend largely on tourists or at best, those headed to KIA. It is also in their interest, that governments need to complete work on the Bangalore - Hassan railway line at the earliest and expedite the Hassan - Halebeed - Belur - Chikmagalur line.

Mysore is certainly the most prominent spot in the state's tourism map. With Mysore City, Nanjangud, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Shimoga and Chikmagalur under its net, Mysore division of SWR could prove to be the one with maximum tourist spots within its jurisdiction.
tejaswi.bgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:06 PM   #16257
shubhodaya

Originally shared by tejaswi blr
My few thoughts on a railway line connecting Hassan and Chikmagalur via Belur
I have been visiting Hassan since a very young age, as one of my relatives served as a bank manager there for a certain period. Moreover, I have visited Udupi just too many times to remain isolated from the developments that the city has witnessed in the past few years. I do not think twice before saying that Hassan is one of my favorite tier 2 cities in Karnataka (the other 2 being Udupi and Karwar).

I feel people are so accustomed to associating Hassan with the phrase "Bangalore - Mangalore" that they seldom think about one Chikmagalur which as everyone knows, is much closer to the city than the state capital or the coastal city. Like I've done in the past, I am presenting my version of a line linking Hassan and Chikmagalur, which has not been planned by the railways.

There could be a Hassan West Junction from where the line towards Chikmagalur line originates. A bypass line from Sakleshpur end could be provided to avoid the construction of a Sakleshpur - Chikmagalur line, which supposedly is 'frozen' (and I don't know what it means in railway parlance).

Google tells me that despite passing through Halebeed, the line is merely 57 Km as against the road route which is 61 Km and covers only Belur. The line should approach Chikmagalur from the Adhishakti Nagar so that trains bound to Kadur (like Mysore - Dharwad) need not undergo an engine reversal.

Trains should begin to originate at Hassan too and these should pass through Arasikere. However, those arriving from Mysore, could be rerouted via Chikmagalur; this should apply only to the new trains that would be introduced once this line is complete. The existing trains should continue to run along the old routes.

Tourism industry could flourish in Hassan as Shravanabelagola, Belur, Halebeed in addition to Chikmagalur district would receive rail connectivity from big cities. Sakleshpur already has it, although it is nothing much to speak about. This would also help in the development of industrial suburbs around Hassan City.

I remember reading a newspaper article sometime ago, which threw light on how cab drivers of Hassan are eagerly waiting for the completion of the Bangalore - Hassan line as rail connectivity would prompt tourists to reach the city by train and then opt for cabs for the purpose of local sightseeing. Presently, a majority of domestic and foreign tourists to Hassan district (and their number is not really low) reach Hassan or Chikmagalur by cabs hired at Bangalore itself, either at KIA or their hotel, depending on their itinerary for the capital.

Cab drivers based in Bangalore can find customers of all sorts whereas those based in Hassan need to depend largely on tourists or at best, those headed to KIA. It is also in their interest, that governments need to complete work on the Bangalore - Hassan railway line at the earliest and expedite the Hassan - Halebeed - Belur - Chikmagalur line.

Mysore is certainly the most prominent spot in the state's tourism map. With Mysore City, Nanjangud, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Shimoga and Chikmagalur under its net, Mysore division of SWR could prove to be the one with maximum tourist spots within its jurisdiction.
The Hasan - Chickmagalur new rail line is ideal but not practical because of poor planning and lack of willingness. Already chickmagalur - sakaleshpur was sanctioned. It passes through Belur Arehalli.If some alignment was changed the line is connected to Halebidu and Alur(Alur already has railway connection but no train was stopped).Inthis route no environmental issue and Alur is just 11 Km from Hasan and moreover the required land is plain land.

Tags
karnataka