daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions

General Developments and Discussions » Bridges | Cycling | Maritime

Old March 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #1
CharlieP
Prepare to die.

Likes (Received): 491

Works on the SS24 road near Claviere, Italy?

Bit of an odd question, but last Thursday I was on a bus from Serre Chevalier to Sestriere which crossed the French/Italian border at Montgenevre and joined the SS24. As it wound its way around the mountains, I noticed several large tunnel mouths bored into the rock at various points along the journey, often at very different angles to the road we were on. There were a couple of large billboards which presumably explained what was happening, but since I understand about five words of Italian they weren't much use!

Is there anything online that explains what's being done, with a map showing the new route, tunnels, bridges etc.?

Sponsored Links