search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > South Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2017, 03:20 AM   #21
wilkiebarkid
Beautiful Mountain

Likes (Received): 267

Before and after renders.

Is it just an illusion or has the student building gained a couple of floors?

If you reduce you screen zoom out the first 2 pictures are side by side for better comparison.

michael_n_ liked this post
wilkiebarkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #22
Beep1Beep2

Likes (Received): 841

I counted 2 extra floors.
Beep1Beep2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM   #23
crawf

Likes (Received): 481

This has slightly increased to now 135m. Thanks to Ben @ SA for the heads up

Quote:
Description of Proposed Development: variation to Frome Street building comprising increased height, increased number of apartments and changes to internal layouts including ground floor layout
Detailed Land Uses:Residential - Residential Flat Building
Commercial - Hotel
Retail - Shop
Application Type: DAC - Adelaide ($10m)
crawf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 01:07 PM   #24
slendermann

Likes (Received): 46

How do you know that crawf? I interpreted his post as meaning he'd be happy even if it was just an increase of one metre in height. It could be a greater (or smaller) increase than that. But you (and Ben if it was his intention) could be right.

It would be great to see this become say 140m tall, so that it's noticeably larger than Westpac (also I think Westpac once had a 3m stick on top for a total height of 134.6m, so an increase above this height means it's the tallest structure ever in our CBD). As good as this and particularly Realm look, they are barely bigger than Westpac - in fact, Realm is only larger than Westpac by 10cm!

I kind of wish Realm would respond in kind and add a couple more floors to their design, as I would prefer that building become our new tallest over this. But hey, they both still need to leave the ground first, so I can't be too picky.
slendermann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 02:27 PM   #25
crawf

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendermann View Post
How do you know that crawf? I interpreted his post as meaning he'd be happy even if it was just an increase of one metre in height. It could be a greater (or smaller) increase than that. But you (and Ben if it was his intention) could be right.
Lol kinda jumped the gun on this, only skimmed past Ben's comment. This is a positive sign for Frome Central and the city itself with increased height and apartments. The display centre is also well underway which will no doubt attract even more interest.

Quote:
I kind of wish Realm would respond in kind and add a couple more floors to their design, as I would prefer that building become our new tallest over this. But hey, they both still need to leave the ground first, so I can't be too picky.
I'd rather Realm add more floors aswell, 150m mark. Though as we are aware, there is something much greater in the pipeline for Adelaide. In the meantime, Adelaide's skyline is about to undergo a much needed facelift with six buildings over the 100m mark aswell as a cluster of new mid rise buildings. Quite exciting times ahead.

wilkiebarkid liked this post
crawf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #26
jacobsian

Likes (Received): 242

Seems likely to me the revised DA is for what is reflected in the newer renders. The 1m scenario is plausible.
jacobsian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:26 AM   #27
slendermann

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsian View Post
Seems likely to me the revised DA is for what is reflected in the newer renders. The 1m scenario is plausible.
I thought we discussed this on S-A, and the recent render changes were reflected in this amendment that Ben discovered in mid-March:

Quote:
Type: Schedule 10
Application Number: S10/22/2016/A
Lodgement DateL 16/03/2017
Description: Vary previous authorisaton demolition of existing structures and construction of a multi-level mixed use development comprising retail and commercial uses, hotel, student accommodation, residential and serviced apartments, including car parking, landscaping and site works - VARIATION - alterations to floor layouts, landscaping, communal space and elevation alterations.
Though a height increase in the latest amendment would also imply an alteration to the building's elevation drawings, which isn't mentioned in this most recent amendment, so you could well be right.
slendermann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:01 AM   #28
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 8503

let me know when anyone sees a new height for frome