daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Forum Issues

Forum Issues For suggestions, feedback, questions and other business.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM   #1
macc

Likes (Received): 22

Automatic logouts

Sorry for a new thread but I can't find any other remotely relevant.

In the last month or so I find I'm repeatedly being automatically logged out. this never used to happen and it occurs regardless of my browser and on both my work and home PC(s) of which I use 4 in total.

It seems a little random. Maybe its just a timeout thats been added/lowered. Its not so much that you have to login again to post, which is a minor inconvienice, but that it doesn't give an accurate indication of who's online. The list of users on the manc forum at anyone time seems fewer recently and I think it due to this.

Have any changes been made?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:40 PM   #2
eusebius
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I suppose this keeps data traffic a little lower. I prefer this time out to a slower forum.
eusebius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM   #3
gothicform
Bossman

Likes (Received): 3024

sounds weird, its the first ive heard of it. ive had no problems and no one i know has either.
gothicform no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Blunther
Kebab Whore

Likes (Received): 8

I get the same thing. If I go to UK forums, then tab open brum forum, and tab open skybar, then open all the brum threads in tabs, then by the time i've read them, i've been logged out on my skybar tab. it's annoying if I then open all the skybar threads in tabs, only to be told to log in on each one.

Never mind though.
Blunther no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #5
WeasteDevil
Salford Red

Likes (Received): 0

Doesn't happen to me, I can be logged in for months as long as I tell the forum to remember me, which it actually doesn't for more than 15 minutes if it is on default settings. It is rather done by using a cookie on my machine, if I go over the 15 minutes session without doing anything the cookie is used to log me straight back in again and create a new session.

This sounds to me that either you are not asking the forum to remember you, or something is cleaning up (deleting) your cookies every now and then.
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:43 AM   #6
eusebius
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Hmm, I'm not sure. I have the family filter running in the browsers I'm using and I have the browsers set to delete history when closing a session.

Now, when this time out is not meant to save the forum from unnecessary data traffic, I'm joining the ranks of the complainers.
eusebius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #7
macc

Likes (Received): 22

I noticed after my latest automatic logout that whilst navigating the site during the same session, my little green 'online' light was still on, even after the forum had hoofed me out.