search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2017, 02:59 PM   #2661
hadyray

Likes (Received): 0

Last edited by hadyray; November 6th, 2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
hadyray no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #2662
kimo99

Likes (Received): 5

If it happened some time ago, then why Select charged us 2% when we did the handover? I have written to Select to clarify exactly what's going on? as it doesn't make sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryap View Post
I am new to this forum. But as much as I know, this increase in fees happened quiet some time ago, its not a new change. Owner do get Tile Deeds on their names after the payements!
kimo99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #2663
muffin62

Likes (Received): 1

So thanks to Select's years of delay in completing the project, we now have to pay another 2% on the top of an already OVERPRICED unit!!!??
Anyone has any information as to when exactly the 2% increase has taken place? Surely this cannot be applied retrospectively even in the UAE?!
muffin62 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 12:49 AM   #2664
MOAF
MOAF

Hi muffin62,

I have checked with a independent real estate dealer the increase happened at the end of May 2017.

My question to SG, I completed my handover of funds and the unit in early May.

So why didn’t SG pay the 2% directly RAK authority for RAKIA fees.

Because of SP holding the 2% fees paid by me in their accounts this has ultimately cost me £2400, I am really angry, I will never ever buy from Select property or Select Group ever again.

I will resist paying this - trust me

MOAF
MOAF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #2665
glover

Likes (Received): 7

Incorrect.

Both buyer and seller each pay 2%, total 4% for the transaction. Select is making you pay their share of the fee.

I was in the Land Department just few weeks ago.

Here is the official document listing the requirements of a sale transaction. I got this last month. Sorry it's in Arabic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDubai1 View Post
Hello All,

I am an investor in Pacific and have just paid for my unit. I received a notice from Select stating that RAK Land Department fees have increased from 2% to 4%. Did anyone else get this notice? Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by glover; November 11th, 2017 at 09:11 AM.
glover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #2666
suryap

http://gulfnews.com/business/propert...time-1.2120894
suryap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #2667
MOAF
MOAF

Thank you Glover.

SG/SP are trying anything to squeeze a few more pounds knowing that their business model of building apartments is coming to end in Dubai- trust they will be gone in 5 years from the market when it matures up.

I am not paying nothing - big fat 0 & if they persist I will go to arbitration to ask for a full refund on the apartment due breach of contract

MOAF
MOAF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #2668
kimo99

That is exactly what I was suspecting, Select simply wants us to pay their share of the cost. Thanks for confirming, I am yet to receive any response from Select

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Incorrect.

Both buyer and seller each pay 2%, total 4% for the transaction. Select is making you pay their share of the fee.

I was in the Land Department just few weeks ago.

Here is the official document listing the requirements of a sale transaction. I got this last month. Sorry it's in Arabic.

kimo99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #2669
muffin62

Likes (Received): 1

Has anyone had any replies yet from Select re the 2%?

I have emailed but no replies yet!
muffin62 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #2670
suryap

new construction on Al Marjan/ view island??

Any idea about- any new construction on Al MARJAN?? VIEW ISLAND?? except the UniEsatate??
suryap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #2671
ChiDubai1

Development on View

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryap View Post
Any idea about- any new construction on Al MARJAN?? VIEW ISLAND?? except the UniEsatate??
Hi Suryap,

I was just in RAK getting the keys for the apartment a few days ago. As of right now Emaar has done the hoarding to block off their development which is 2 plots away and the Unistate which is on the opposite side. View island in my opinion will take quite awhile to develop, but I was very encouraged with the handover and move in's for Pacific. There have been 400 units handed over and 200 apartments now rented. Life is beginning. I believe once the retail comes online it will be great and they are set to complete the beach in January

There are also several projects on the 3rd island (right before View) that are moving along quickly. Its still going to be awhile but I was very encouraged with what I saw
ChiDubai1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote