daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 18th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #2541
saiho

Likes (Received): 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
How feasible is to extend platforms of lines once built from technical point of view? Has this been done before in China?
I believe it has been done in the initial section of Tianjin Line 1 but it only had like 8 stations at the time and the subway stations was super shallow and simple. There is talk for platform extension work for Line 5 in shanghai and Line 1 in Beijing. Any elevated or ground level line would be super easy to extend platforms (like line 5). I guess the viaduct on line 5 has a very large safety factor or is a standard design so it can take the heaver loading.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 19th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #2542
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 827

For how long would they need to shut the line if they decide to extend the platforms?

Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 04:52 AM   #2543
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 430

I just posted my newest Shanghai Maglev video! I have rarely seen footage of the maglev trains leaving the depot early in the morning and negotiating the single track with steep grade and sharp curves.

I spent many hours walking along the maglev track looking for unique vantage points for viewing the maglev train speed by!
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:39 PM   #2544
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 4953

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstrknb View Post

I just posted my newest Shanghai Maglev video! I have rarely seen footage of the maglev trains leaving the depot early in the morning and negotiating the single track with steep grade and sharp curves.

I spent many hours walking along the maglev track looking for unique vantage points for viewing the maglev train speed by!
Wow good job. Has to be the best Shanghai maglev video ever!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lkstrknb liked this post
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:06 AM   #2545
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstrknb View Post

You sir, definitely got the best Shanghai Maglev videos! Thanks for spending the time and energy to capture those moments so we can enjoy!

lkstrknb liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM   #2546
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 47689

Stunning video. I liked most of all when Maglev trains runs along with metro trains (line 2 and 16). Thanks for sharing, I'll reshare that into our Russian section.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(in Russian)

My
(almost daily updates)

Жё сюи Кобзон

Марой был совсем простец, даже неграмотный, что по старообрядчеству даже редкость, но он был человек особенный: видом неуклюж, наподобие вельблуда, и недрист как кабан - одна пазуха в полтора обхвата, а лоб весь заросший крутою космой и точно мраволев старый, а середь головы на маковке гуменцо простригал.
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, shanghai, tram