search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #7521
pai nosso
Registered User
 
pai nosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 11,167
Likes (Received): 3931

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBAuto View Post
In this section there are only three cameras:

1 - Almost under A-65 bridge after passing CL-613 and CL-615 interchange roundabout.
2 - Villoldo's gas station straight some meters southbound with the gas station as reference.
3 - Carrión de los Condes entrace just before the first roundabout towards Guardo.

People usually ran about 120 km/h because the road is almost straight with little curves and nicely made crossings, exits and entrances. Now is easy to know who comes from previous camera section or not, because the people who exits from intermediate villages still running about 120 km/h while others run about 90-100 km/h. Biggest crashes on this road always happened on the crossings, almost never due to overspeeding. I think the only reason for installing this section radars is to increase public earnings.

I hope i do not receive any post card from the Guarda Civil on the next months!!


P.S.: when i saw the drivers in front of me reducing speed, i did the same!!
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #7522
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 57,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by pai nosso View Post
I hope i do not receive any post card from the Guarda Civil on the next months!!


P.S.: when i saw the drivers in front of me reducing speed, i did the same!!
They take average speed. This is... you can drive half on 90, half on 110... (but you cannot drive all the time on 140 as someone did)


Fines are inside Spain really fast (one week). Not know about dealing with Portugal.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:27 PM   #7523
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,233
Likes (Received): 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A63: Cornellana – Doriga 2.4km (2006 to Summer 2017) – ? – map
http://www.lne.es/centro/2017/09/18/...o/2164934.html

Quote:
El próximo sábado el paso estará abierto en ambos sentidos y no serán necesarios los desvíos.
-->
Next Saturday the passage will be open in both directions and no detours will be necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
SE40: Espartinas (A49) – Almensilla ~7km (? to Summer 2017) – ? – map
A1051:
Cortijos de Marin – Los Depositos 1km (2011 to September 2017) – ? – map
Any news about these projects?
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:34 PM   #7524
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 42,790
Likes (Received): 18180

The A-63 opening refers to the El Fresno tunnel west of Grado. They were doing some work on that.
Para la ansiada apertura del tramo de Doriga a Cornellana aún habrá que esperar. En principio la idea era inaugurarlo este mes, según había avanzado el propio Ministro, Íñigo de la Serna, en una visita a Asturias. Sin embargo, el escaso avance de las obras debido a problemas en Cornellana ha retrasado los planes: el enlace en esta localidad de la autovía y la carretera nacional provocó las quejas vecinales. Los residente prefieren una rotonda en vez del cruce previsto inicialmente, considerado más peligroso.
For the desired opening of the stretch from Doriga to Cornellana will still have to wait. In principle the idea was to inaugurate this month, as the Minister himself, Inigo de la Serna, had made a visit to Asturias. However, the slow progress of the works due to problems in Cornellana has delayed the plans: the link in this locality of the highway and the national highway caused the neighborhood complaints. Residents prefer a roundabout instead of the initially planned crossing, considered more dangerous.
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH, arctic_carlos liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:51 PM   #7525
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ウエスカ/うえすか
Posts: 7,251
Likes (Received): 1416

About SE-40 between Almensilla and Espartinas, it is ready for opening, only it seems they are waiting for the neighboring Coria-Almensilla section to open it. And I don't know the status of the latter, it's nowhere near me.
__________________
Como no es posible ver la lista completa de Me gusta, he decidido dar esta información por mi cuenta cuando un mensaje le gusta a más de 5 foreros.
Since it's not possible to see the full list of Likes, I decided to provide that info myself when a post is liked by more than 5 forumers.

MichiH liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:33 PM   #7526
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 42,790
Likes (Received): 18180

A-63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The A-63 opening refers to the El Fresno tunnel west of Grado. They were doing some work on that.
Para la ansiada apertura del tramo de Doriga a Cornellana aún habrá que esperar. En principio la idea era inaugurarlo este mes, según había avanzado el propio Ministro, Íñigo de la Serna, en una visita a Asturias. Sin embargo, el escaso avance de las obras debido a problemas en Cornellana ha retrasado los planes: el enlace en esta localidad de la autovía y la carretera nacional provocó las quejas vecinales. Los residente prefieren una rotonda en vez del cruce previsto inicialmente, considerado más peligroso.
For the desired opening of the stretch from Doriga to Cornellana will still have to wait. In principle the idea was to inaugurate this month, as the Minister himself, Inigo de la Serna, had made a visit to Asturias. However, the slow progress of the works due to problems in Cornellana has delayed the plans: the link in this locality of the highway and the national highway caused the neighborhood complaints. Residents prefer a roundabout instead of the initially planned crossing, considered more dangerous.
It's not stated explicitly, but it appears that the A-63 opening between Doriga and Cornellana is at least 3 months away:

http://fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrensa/No...b-4a7631a8dc57
El Ministerio de Fomento, en el marco de las obras de ejecución de la «Autovía A-63, Tramo: Doriga-Cornellana», va a iniciar los trabajos de construcción de una glorieta como elemento de unión entre el vial procedente de la autovía A-63 y la carretera N-634, en torno al kilómetro 444,500 a la salida de la localidad de Cornellana, en el Principado de Asturias.

Para realizar estos trabajos, es necesario afectar a la circulación de la citada carretera N-634 a partir del próximo lunes, 25 de septiembre, y durante un plazo estimado de 3 meses.
They will construct a roundabout at the Cornellana exit to N-634. Traffic on N-634 will be affected. I suppose A-63 won't open until the roundabout is completed after three months. So maybe it will open by late December.
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Highway89, arctic_carlos liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:46 PM   #7527
pai nosso
Registered User
 
pai nosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 11,167
Likes (Received): 3931

Castile and León Region

A-62 -- September of 2017

1-


2-At Salamanca


3-

Source: pai nosso
__________________

Highway89 liked this post

Last edited by pai nosso; September 23rd, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:46 PM   #7528
pai nosso
Registered User
 
pai nosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 11,167
Likes (Received): 3931

Castile and León Region

A-66 (Salamanca » Zamora)
-- September of 2017

1-


2-


3-


4-


5-


6-

Source: pai nosso
__________________

Luki_SL, ilyan, Penn's Woods liked this post

Last edited by pai nosso; September 23rd, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 12:12 PM   #7529
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 42,790
Likes (Received): 18180

CV-20 Montanejos

Road CV-20 runs through a canyon of the Mijares River near Montanejos, 50 kilometers west of Castellón.


CV-20 Montanejos-1 by European Roads, on Flickr


CV-20 Montanejos-2 by European Roads, on Flickr


CV-20 Montanejos-3 by European Roads, on Flickr


CV-20 Montanejos-4 by European Roads, on Flickr


CV-20 Montanejos-5 by European Roads, on Flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #7530
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,372
Likes (Received): 622

There's an unused dual-carriageway road with a trumpet interchange in an industrial area near Santiago de Compostela:



It's meant to be a connection between N-550 and AP-9, as well as link the industrial park with these two roads. As usual, the cause of this road being finished but not open to traffic (because it lacks the roundabouts on its two ends) is that it involves several administrations (Fomento and Santiago city council) and they work at different speeds. The interchange with AP-9, which will be an elevated roundabout, is set to be built soon, but there are no tenders nor completion date. As for the junction with N-550, it was going to be built by the council of Santiago, but they claimed they had insufficient funds and asked Fomento to do it. Fomento has yet to decide whether they will build it or not.

All in all, it doesn't look like this situation will be over soon. Meanwhile, AP-9 around Santiago is being widened to 2x3, and another new junction (with A-54) is planned to start construction in the short term. This is the last news article I found about this issue.
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #7531
Proof Sheet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 40
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
They take average speed. This is... you can drive half on 90, half on 110... (but you cannot drive all the time on 140 as someone did)


Fines are inside Spain really fast (one week). Not know about dealing with Portugal.
I got caught by a traffic camera in July 2012 on a 100 km/h road near Reus in a Spanish hire car (I'm from Canada) and it took until January 2013 before I got the fine etc delivered to my house via registered mail. I gather they had to send the fine to the rental car company (@ Barcelona train station) and I'm not sure what happened after that. I was the only person that was on the car hire contract for that car.
Proof Sheet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #7532
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 42,790
Likes (Received): 18180

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
There's an unused dual-carriageway road with a trumpet interchange in an industrial area near Santiago de Compostela:
Interesting. According to historical imagery in Google Earth, it was built around 2010-2012. 2010 imagery shows earthworks.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #7533
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse
 
alserrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zaragoza
Posts: 57,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
I got caught by a traffic camera in July 2012 on a 100 km/h road near Reus in a Spanish hire car (I'm from Canada) and it took until January 2013 before I got the fine etc delivered to my house via registered mail. I gather they had to send the fine to the rental car company (@ Barcelona train station) and I'm not sure what happened after that. I was the only person that was on the car hire contract for that car.
According to law, they will send fine to car owner. In this case, rental company. This must point who was driver as far as they known. In this case, renter.
Should more than one driver was in the contract, it couldn't be you who drive the car... or should you had reported that car had been stolen (even for a while) or that stuff.

In case you weren't driver (but one friend of you in the same group, for instance) you are entitled to answer saying who was the driver, despite the contract was for you. They will send back fine to new driver.

Fines payed within 15 days have a 50% discount (after you received notification). Should you point driver was another one, those 15 days will start after that driver will receive fine.
__________________
Ya ves que fuimos puente herido de abrazos detenidos por ver la libertad


(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #7534
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 42,790
Likes (Received): 18180

A-2520 to Javalambre

I filmed road A-2520 to the Javalambre ski area in Teruel province.

I think it's the southernmost ski area in eastern Spain. There is another ski area at Valdelinares in southern Teruel province.



The numbering of A-2520 is interesting. Various sources attribute the numbers TE-620, TE-V-6006 or VF-TE-02 to parts of the route.

* TE-620: according to Google Maps it runs for 12 km from La Puebla de Valverde to TE-V-6006 to Camarena de la Sierra. According to the official road log, it runs only 2 km between La Puebla de Valverde and the train station

* TE-V-6006: according to the Aragón road map, it runs from La Puebla de Valverde to Camarena de la Sierra. It is not listed in the Aragón autonomous road catalogue, I suspect this route number would be owned by the province of Teruel?

* VF-TE-02: according to the Aragón road map, it runs from TE-V-6006 to Torrijas or even the Valencia border. It is a gravel road past the Javalambre ski area, which requires a 4x4.

* A-2520: there are kilometer markers from at least km 3-20 posted, all the way to the Javalambre ski area. Google Maps, the official road map and the Aragón road catalogue do not list this number.

So it seems like A-2520 is newly introduced road number. Google Street View shows both TE-620 and TE-V-6006 being posted along the route.







ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #7535
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia
 
arctic_carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sitges - Barcelona
Posts: 4,531
Likes (Received): 3654

N-401

The informative study of the Fuente el Fresno bypass on N-401 (Toledo - Ciudad Real) has been approved. It will be 7 km long and has an estimated cost of €25 M.



http://www.fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/No...f-9b4b2ffd36e6
__________________
"Qué tiempos serán los que vivimos, que hay que defender lo obvio"

Bertolt Brecht

Highway89 liked this post
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #7536
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,372
Likes (Received): 622

So it looks like the motorway has been definitely shelved and they'll upgrade the existing road instead.
__________________
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #7537
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ウエスカ/うえすか
Posts: 7,251
Likes (Received): 1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I filmed road A-2520 to the Javalambre ski area in Teruel province.

I think it's the southernmost ski area in eastern Spain. There is another ski area at Valdelinares in southern Teruel province.

The numbering of A-2520 is interesting. Various sources attribute the numbers TE-620, TE-V-6006 or VF-TE-02 to parts of the route.

* TE-620: according to Google Maps it runs for 12 km from La Puebla de Valverde to TE-V-6006 to Camarena de la Sierra. According to the official road log, it runs only 2 km between La Puebla de Valverde and the train station

* TE-V-6006: according to the Aragón road map, it runs from La Puebla de Valverde to Camarena de la Sierra. It is not listed in the Aragón autonomous road catalogue, I suspect this route number would be owned by the province of Teruel?

* VF-TE-02: according to the Aragón road map, it runs from TE-V-6006 to Torrijas or even the Valencia border. It is a gravel road past the Javalambre ski area, which requires a 4x4.

* A-2520: there are kilometer markers from at least km 3-20 posted, all the way to the Javalambre ski area. Google Maps, the official road map and the Aragón road catalogue do not list this number.

So it seems like A-2520 is newly introduced road number. Google Street View shows both TE-620 and TE-V-6006 being posted along the route.
Yes, A-2520 was introduced in 2015 along with A-2404, A-2705 and A-2710, all in Teruel province. Several roads that were until then under provincial management (Including TE-V-6006) were transferred to the regional government. A-2404 serves the Motorland circuit near Alcañiz, and A-2520 and A-2705 serve both ski areas in Teruel province (Javalambre and Valdelinares respectively). In addition A-232 was rerouted so now it meets CV-20 at the regional border, and its former route to CV-190 became A-2710.

And once again, Google was wrong. The 2013 road log is correct, TE-620 only ran from La Puebla de Valverde to its railway station. The 2009 Aragon road map is also correct.
__________________
Como no es posible ver la lista completa de Me gusta, he decidido dar esta información por mi cuenta cuando un mensaje le gusta a más de 5 foreros.
Since it's not possible to see the full list of Likes, I decided to provide that info myself when a post is liked by more than 5 forumers.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #7538
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia
 
arctic_carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sitges - Barcelona
Posts: 4,531
Likes (Received): 3654

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
So it looks like the motorway has been definitely shelved and they'll upgrade the existing road instead.
Appatently not: http://www.lanzadigital.com/provinci...o-ciudad-real/
__________________
"Qué tiempos serán los que vivimos, que hay que defender lo obvio"

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:50 PM   #7539
Reivajar
__________
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,915
Likes (Received): 3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Really? Is that motorway useful for any rational reason?
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:50 PM   #7540
Highway89
Registered User
 
Highway89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: La Rioja (Spain)
Posts: 663
Likes (Received): 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
* VF-TE-02: according to the Aragón road map, it runs from TE-V-6006 to Torrijas or even the Valencia border. It is a gravel road past the Javalambre ski area, which requires a 4x4.
I guess VF stands for Vía Forestal? I wonder if they even put kilometer markers for forest tracks.

Also, was it Javalambre or Valdelinares that you park on the summit, ski down the mountain and get on the chairlift to get back up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
Really? Is that motorway useful for any rational reason?
Has that ever been a problem?
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu