search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Российский форум > Тематические форумы > Инфраструктура

Инфраструктура Автомобильные и железные дороги, авиация, общественный транспорт и другая инфраструктура

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2004, 09:57 PM   #61
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6766

found another photo

federal highway "Don"
info:
number: M4
length: 1167kms

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:00 PM   #62
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
so you tell in 10 years Russia constructed 27,000+ km of autobahn type highways? doesn't seem very credible. Even physically this is impossible not even talking about financing.
upgraded, not constructed, they allmost all was built in Soviet times
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:06 PM   #63
sOmeOne
Future Singaporean

Likes (Received): 19

M53

http://automarket.irkutsk.ru/sup/sup10162.htm
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:09 PM   #64
coth
pride leader

what about new constructions, so in march this year was opened new highway - Chita - Khabarovsk.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:14 PM   #65
John
No analogues

Likes (Received): 4

coth you make me laugh, you know and I know that this is not truth, it's impossible to upgrade 27K km in 10 years, so why post this anyway?

btw, that M4 pic is some 30km away from Moscow at Kashira town i.e. where the M4 ends as a motorway driving from Moscow side towards Rostov... (you may see description next to that photo)
John no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM   #66
coth
pride leader

Description showed another name. Not location. 27thous. kms is very low and very impossibe.

over thous kms of Chita - Khabarosk highway was built from 0 in 11 months. another thousand was upgraded during construction of new. 2000 made in 11 months with $350mln
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM   #67
coth
pride leader

M4 in Rostov province
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:26 PM   #68
John
No analogues

well that one looks like a typical 1+1 lane road, not a highway.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:27 PM   #69
sOmeOne
Future Singaporean

M1 - Russian side:

M1 - Continued through Belorussia:

M2 (E95)

M3
no pics

M4

M5

M6
no pictures

M7
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:30 PM   #70
Vertigo
Fan van de Neudeflat

Likes (Received): 130

Wow, this thread has turned into one large definition question about definitions for roads. Let's not confuse things:

A HIGHWAY can be any major road. In the U.S., there are for example US Highways, which can be anything between a simple two lane road and a zillion lanes superhighway.

A DUAL CARRIAGEWAY is a highway which has four lanes (or more), two in each direction, seperated by a median barrier. It can, however, have at grade crossings.

A FREEWAY (US) or MOTORWAY (UK) is the road John is referring two; also called AUTOBAHN (German), AUTOROUTE (France), etc. It is a dual carriageway that has limited access to cars only, several special rules apply. The main feature of these roads is that there are NO FLAT CROSSINGS whatsoever. They usually boast emergency lanes.

So every freeway is a dual carriageway, but not every dual carriageway is a freeway.

John was talking about freeways, and I believe Russia doesn't have many of those, right? Not much need to, seeing how sparsely populated large parts of the country are.
Vertigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:30 PM   #71
coth
pride leader

And John. I think you must stop trolling here. Russia have motorways and highways. No one didn't said here "one of biggest network" or "one of better" or "one of longest". Thread was made for posting shots, not for blaming Russia.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM   #72
John
No analogues

coth, sorry if you find this trolling, it wasn't my intention, just felt like spending some time for a good discussion, I got it and I'm happy now
on the other hand, coth, I proved my point and I'll now just continue watching the pics which I like anyway no matter if all of those roads are in Moscow suburbs. And Vertigo basically explained my point. Thanks to him.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM   #73
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
Wow, this thread has turned into one large definition question about definitions for roads. Let's not confuse things:

A HIGHWAY can be any major road. In the U.S., there are for example US Highways, which can be anything between a simple two lane road and a zillion lanes superhighway.

A DUAL CARRIAGEWAY is a highway which has four lanes (or more), two in each direction, seperated by a median barrier. It can, however, have at grade crossings.

A FREEWAY (US) or MOTORWAY (UK) is the road John is referring two; also called AUTOBAHN (German), AUTOROUTE (France), etc. It is a dual carriageway that has limited access to cars only, several special rules apply. The main feature of these roads is that there are NO FLAT CROSSINGS whatsoever. They usually boast emergency lanes.

So every freeway is a dual carriageway, but not every dual carriageway is a freeway.

John was talking about freeways, and I believe Russia doesn't have many of those, right? Not much need to, seeing how sparsely populated large parts of the country are.
Thanks for explaing Vertigo, you are prof in that

Actually this thread didn't turned into discussion about definitions. Just one troll comes to blaming Russia.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM   #74
John
No analogues

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
Thanks for explaing Vertigo, you are prof in that

Actually this thread didn't turned into discussion about definitions. Just one troll comes to blaming Russia.
coth you're not being a nice forumer blaming others for trolling who just want to discuss with arguments and proofs (so I did). And I prooved that I was right while you were wrong. that's all about it.

now peace?
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:41 PM   #75
Mantas
in action

Likes (Received): 0

Hehe, nice discussion

TINKLE.************
forum Cities & Architecture
Mantas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:44 PM   #76
sOmeOne
Future Singaporean

The thread is about highways, not motorways.

Zoomed map:
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:45 PM   #77
coth
pride leader

Quote:
coth, sorry if you find this trolling, it wasn't my intention, just felt like spending some time for a good discussion, I got it and I'm happy now
on the other hand, coth, I proved my point and I'll now just continue watching the pics which I like anyway no matter if all of those roads are in Moscow suburbs. And Vertigo basically explained my point. Thanks to him.
this wasn't a good discussion. you must know country with $1.2bln economy must have enough highways. Not so density like in Germany, but very long. but your statements, so Russia don't have a motorways was insulting, like you call it Africa. Vertigo was not explained your point. Your points was another. 10 years is enough to reconstruct 500 mln kms of roads. Main - is not a time, but money. Since economic boom began here was built many new highways and motorway, not only in Moscow region, but in almost near almost all biggest cities. But the way, once I saw a very good photo of highway in Barnaul made by Siberian from bridge over, as I remember. It was modern highway. Here is also many projects for paying motorways. Some of them already u/c. Business now going in almost all directions, including roads and railroads.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:45 PM   #78
sOmeOne
Future Singaporean

Quote:
coth you're not being a nice forumer blaming others for trolling who just want to discuss with arguments and proofs (so I did). And I prooved that I was right while you were wrong. that's all about it.

now peace?
Actually we are right all along since we were talking about highways while you were all about motorways/freeways
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:48 PM   #79
coth
pride leader

By the way you, yourself, disallow statement, so Russia don't have a motorways.
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:49 PM   #80
John
No analogues

ok sOmeOne and coth, that's clear now.
So my final statement should be the following: Russia has no limited access highways (motorways) that have limited access to cars only and which have no flat crossings and have emergency lanes and other special rules.
are you satisfied now?

Tags
дороги, highways, motorways