search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > DubaiLand

DubaiLand High-rise developments in the world's largest entertainment park.
» Sports City | Projects by Mizin

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #221
Philippa C

Likes (Received): 1

I'm feeling optimistic about the Mazaya villas particularly the small As. I've been watching prices of the Palmeras in Arabian Ranches. They are small town houses and are considered the entry level villas to the Ranches. The price of these villas has increased dramatically. They are attractive to home owners and investors and rent well.

I think that when the Dub Properties villas are ready and the landscaping and features of the development are complete the Mazaya villas will be rise in value like the Palmeras. There are some huge Dub Prop villas and the prices of the largest ones are over 10 mil now. The Mazaya villas will offer a less expensive entry to a high quality developemnt for investors, buyers and renters.

What do you all think? Is this wishful thinking:-)
Philippa C no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #222
Tojbas

Likes (Received): 0

I really don't know what to expect now, with some people being positive and others negative. I guess I am pretty much neutral. I just bought my A type in January. Anyone know what the market value is of lately?

What happened about the petition? Is it still going forward? Any update on that?
Also will be Villa's be completed on time? As They are due for delivery 1st quarter 2009.

Regards,
Tojbas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #223
was2103

Hi Guys,

I agree, it is a good investment. And I believe that the As could reach 5 mil by the end of the year. After all they are detached with a nice plot, a pool and in a fully detached neighbourhood. As the prices have gone nuts, I see us getting forced to live in the place. Can't really afford anything else now. Not complaining though as others are in worse positions. Just bitter about the fact that Mazaya are not delivering what they originally promissed.

Still, if you spend a little money on the unit, revamp / decorate it, would be worthit. Cause after all we are talking about shit finishing. The structure should be ok. This is an unexpected 200 to 300K though.

I still intend to pursue the petition, however limited by time.

Your A1 should now be worth around 4.1 ish.

Regards
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #224
maeag

hi,

fully agree with you. It is a very good investment and finishing are quiet ok, bathroom and kitchen are disaster but overall is acceptable and even nice.
I told them that i will open a complain at the land department if on 15/06 they cash my check ( i pay the villa cash) without any start on my plot. They just invite me to take a coffee and to discuss the matter with them next week.
I also request them to add money in order to get a bigger and better pool, still waiting the answer. I will discuss it during my coffee session.
For me, one of my main problem is that there is not enough plug in the villa, and i am fighting for that.

Last edited by maeag; May 20th, 2008 at 06:47 AM.
maeag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #225
Philippa C

I saw a Palmera type A townhouse, (end unit so has a biggish garden) advertised for 5 million yesterday. That seems such a high price so I think the As can easily reach 5.

Good luck with the petition and with with changes to the pool. It will be interesting what they say about cashing the cheque.
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #226
Tojbas

maeag please keep us updated on this. I hope the changes they make are not only to your Villa and to everyone elses. I saw a A2 going for 4.4 Million net to the owner is that the correct price?

Again please keep us updated so we know when and what to do with our villa. My payment is due next month, should I pay it now or tell them I will only pay it after the start on my plot. Also The expected delivery for this was March 2009, do you see this going to 2010?
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #227
maeag

A2 is more for 4.6 to 4.8 million, between 1200 to 1250 per square feet.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #228
maeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojbas View Post
maeag please keep us updated on this. I hope the changes they make are not only to your Villa and to everyone elses. I saw a A2 going for 4.4 Million net to the owner is that the correct price?

Again please keep us updated so we know when and what to do with our villa. My payment is due next month, should I pay it now or tell them I will only pay it after the start on my plot. Also The expected delivery for this was March 2009, do you see this going to 2010?
Tojbas,

The best to know if you have to pay or not is to contact them direclty.They will of course tell you to pay...
On my side, i will really open a complaint at the land department if they cash my check, after that, it is their decision if they want a complaint against them...
They didn't do any change on my villa, i am just asking in order to try to get it done, that's all and i believe it will be very difficult to get a positive answer.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #229
conrad65

Villa Types - A1, A2, A3, etc.

Can any one tell me how to confirm villa type - I have a villa A type with Mazzaya, but am not sure about A1, A2, A3, etc. My contract (what contract? - finance agreement is all I have) does not seem to specify this.

All I have is a brochure given to me at purchase which shows construction area as 345 sqm. Am getting the impression from posts here that lay out has changed - Mazzaya seem to have reduced the number of bathrooms upstairs, and consequently the width of the villa - is this right?

I bought in Spetember 2006 and am thinking it might be time to sell. Are they really hitting the AED4m mark now. A friend who bought at the same time, same villa type, sold in February of this year for AED3.4m.
conrad65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #230
maeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad65 View Post
Can any one tell me how to confirm villa type - I have a villa A type with Mazzaya, but am not sure about A1, A2, A3, etc. My contract (what contract? - finance agreement is all I have) does not seem to specify this.

All I have is a brochure given to me at purchase which shows construction area as 345 sqm. Am getting the impression from posts here that lay out has changed - Mazzaya seem to have reduced the number of bathrooms upstairs, and consequently the width of the villa - is this right?

I bought in Spetember 2006 and am thinking it might be time to sell. Are they really hitting the AED4m mark now. A friend who bought at the same time, same villa type, sold in February of this year for AED3.4m.
Price went up when they launched the villa showroom, if i were you, i will be waiting another 6 months minimum, one year will even be much more profitable.
A1 : 3600 sq feet ; A2 : 3900 sq feet ; A3 : 4500 sq feet
It's look like you have an A1 type , means approximately 4.1m to 4.3m depends on your plot size and your plot location.
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #231
Tojbas

Thanks maeag. What did u tell them so that they dont cash your cheque?

Another thing I want to know is that has the delivery date moved 6-8 months and now 3rd quarter of 2009 and not first quarter?
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #232
maeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojbas View Post
Thanks maeag. What did u tell them so that they dont cash your cheque?

Another thing I want to know is that has the delivery date moved 6-8 months and now 3rd quarter of 2009 and not first quarter?
It is not done yet, they just invite me for coffee next week to discuss about it... i will ask for you also the completion date
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM   #233
was2103

My information is that hey will be done this year. But have reserved the developer into 2009. So Q1 or 2 of next year is the current expectation. The development will certainly not be ready at that time. So you could have a completed house in the middle of the desert...
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:37 PM   #234
Philippa C

A friend of mine is hoping to move into her Dubai Properties villa at the end of the year. I hope the Mazaya villas are finished a bit later than the DP villas so the community looks good.
Old May 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #235
Tojbas

When I bought my Villa it said the expected completion is first quarter of 2009. But I think I see this going more towards end of Q3 or even Q4 of 2009.
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #236
maeag

Hi,

I just come back from my meeting. Not very successfull...
Completion should be first quarter 2009, it has been again confirmed to me.
Mazaya is under discussion to deliver the villa with landscaping included, it is not yet confirm but they are thinking it will be. Their main problem is what to do with the landscaping of people who will not leave in, it will become a disaster...
All Mazaya villa will be delivered at the same time.
Pool, if you want to cancel it, you can but you can not change anything on it, even the location which has already been approved by dubai properties.
Payment plan, they don't want to move as they already moved by the past.
Roof is not included in the square feet counting as some are telling.

Last edited by maeag; May 25th, 2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #237
Tojbas

What was really unsuccessful about your meeting? They are even considering about the landscaping which is a good thing, further more the delivery is scheduled on time so its good.

I myself really do not see how the completion will be first quarter of 2009 as a month or so a go the construction was barely even half way through.

Let me know if you come up with anything new.

Regards,

Sabjot
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #238
avid

does anyone have a villa for sale? do you think jumeriah village will be a worthwhile investment?
avid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #239
avid

maeag, anything about their other project: Liwan?
avid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #240
Tojbas

Avid, I do not know of anyone having their villa for sale but I bought an apartment In jumeirah village south about 3 months a go for 825 dirham per square feet, I hear this is now going for around 950-1000 with the developer. So I think it is a good investment.

According to my agent the hot properties in Dubai right now are Dubai Sports City, Jumeriah Village and Dubai Waterfront.

Regards,

Sabjot

Tags
dubai, united arab emirates