search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > DubaiLand

DubaiLand High-rise developments in the world's largest entertainment park.
» Sports City | Projects by Mizin

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #501
maeag

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippa C View Post
Has anyone tried to cancel their contract and get some money back from Mazaya on the basis of delays in delivery? Any chance do you think??

Thanks
Yes I tried.... very hardly...
No chance at all, only solution is for you to loose up to 40% and you will get your money back after minimum one year...
maeag no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #502
bware

Likes (Received): 3

Bring on the delays

If you are one of those Investors duped into paying 100% I feel your pain, however if you only paid a percentage and took the Tamweel Finance then the longer the delay the better off the chances are that the economy will improve and you can rent or off load your property. Realistically I would take a huge hit in rental income if I had to find a tenant today. As for resale, forget it it, its not going to happen until hand overs commence and the project is completed and livable and no longer resembles a dust bowel.

Local investors who sunk large amounts into this project have lobbied successfully for a delay or slow down in the completion of the infrastructure to achieve this result. Combine this with the upcoming mega merger with Dubai Property/World and Emaar and we have further delays with no time frame.

Makes no sense to be handed your property today in an environment where there is no established surrounding infrastructure, where you would be struggling to place tenants in your villa and the resale of Villas has ground to a trickle. RERA are quoting figures over the past Eight Month's of under 400 Villas being brought and sold.

As another Footnote Mazaya if you read this web site try and start sending me news letters that make sense and answer email correspondence. I inspected my Villa for the first time in nearly 3 months and only the drainage and back fence had been completed since previous visit, apart from that work I would say has ground to a stand still, so Mazaya I would prefer no information rather than the snow job you send me called a news letter.
bware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #503
dubailawyer123

ive been trying to seel my A3 for some time now. in fact ive tried marketting it at AED 550 psf and have still not had any luck. Anyone know who i can contact to offload this?
dubailawyer123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #504
Philippa C

Likes (Received): 1

[QUOTE=bware;45191341]If you are one of those Investors duped into paying 100% I feel your pain, however if you only paid a percentage and took the Tamweel Finance then the longer the delay the better off the chances are that the economy will improve and you can rent or off load your property. QUOTE]

I do feel for people who are financing their purchase themselves or who paid up front. We were fortunate in taking Tamweel finance. However, I'm concerned that the rent won't go far in meeting the repayments and Tamweel takes postdated cheques! So, from our point of view the longer the delays the better.

I can't see anyone wanting to live down at The Villa if they can find villas in the Meadows/Springs at a reasonable rent. If Academic City/DSO (Commercial section) got off the ground, it would create good demand in The Villa but that's on a go slow too.

I would like to have a realistic date for handover. When we bought our villa the ads for The Villa on Gowealthy mentioned a handover date of 2010 but Tamweel said it would be before that. I wonder what Go wealthy knew then!

PS why did the local investors not push for handover in early 2008 when the market was at it's peak. A1s were selling for about 4.5mil then?
Philippa C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #505
Philippa C

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeag View Post
Yes I tried.... very hardly...
No chance at all, only solution is for you to loose up to 40% and you will get your money back after minimum one year...
That's what I feared :-(
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #506
DRR

can anyone who has "snagged" their villa advise and what process Mazaya are trying to follow from there onwards ?? are they offering a reinspection after the snags have been attended to and after that are they trying to hand the villa to you or are they not pressing because of lack of dewa / access etc ??
DRR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #507
ashmull

its a shame that we all cant form a group and really do something about this as delay is unprecedented
ashmull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM   #508
ashmull

there is practically nothing going on wrt the electricity, water and the sub stations r not energised as well. i think we should form a group and visit DP and get some clarity on this
ashmull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #509
tolls

I received the October newsletter yesterday from Mazaya quoting....

"We are pleased to inform you that the DEWA connections have been connected and running on certain clusters of The Villa Project. According to Dubai properties, it is estimated that the DEWA connections should be completed early into the first Quarter of 2010. Al Mazaya Holding would like to notify you that utmost efforts are brought up with Dubai Properties in order to complete our handover procedure.
Mazaya shall keep you informed accordingly once the final date is communicated to us. "

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this and which clusters?
tolls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #510
maeag

Hi,
I went twice on the site these last days and feel more activities from Dubai Properties.
At night time, many villas from Dubai Properties (around 40) were with electricity (under generator I believe but strange as usually only 3 to 4 villas used to be under generator, does it means connected... no idea... I will chase the info) with people working inside for snagging i believe,
The road between city of arabia and the villa is clearly done (but not yet finish and still close), I believe it will be the road used on the starting with an access by emirates road (exit between city of arabia and falcon city). This road can easily be finish within one week of work...
They started also to put some big blue metallic partition in order to separate what is finish and what is not (to hide the construction).
On some areas, there are also big team working on the internal road of the neighbourood.
Mazaya is also working quite well on some villas.
Still needs a deep cleaning of the site.
and also need water and electricity confirmations to see some first resident living in the first phase where roads are already finish...
I am sure that when water will be there it will start look nice with some few green area :-)

Last edited by maeag; November 17th, 2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #511
Philippa C

Thanks for the update.
Old November 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #512
anacreon

Two friends of mine received their 30 day completion notices today!
anacreon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #513
maeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Two friends of mine received their 30 day completion notices today!
Does it means that in 30 days villa is fully handed over?
Is it Mazaya or Dubai Properties?
Thanks for the news
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #514
maeag

DEWA is connected !!!!

Dear All,

It is 6.40 PM and just came back from the site.
All Dubai Properties villa were with light inside.....
It was so strange that I went inside one villa and found some plumbers.
I can announce you that yes, DEWA is now connected, I saw the water from my eyes....
Dubai Properties was working in order to handover the villa very soon.
As for Mazaya, I haven't seen anything... no electricity, no water but I supposed that if DP is connected then Mazaya should also be.
As for the blue metallic partition, they have almost finish to install them.
The road between The Villa and City of Arabia is still not finish (but improvment compare with last week).
Now that connection are done, we have to push DP and Mazaya to deliver the project.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM   #515
tolls

Thanks maeag for your updates - it's nice to hear some positive news!
tolls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM   #516
FlipItFast

Likes (Received): 7

[QUOTE=Philippa C;45199417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bware View Post
If you are one of those Investors duped into paying 100% I feel your pain, however if you only paid a percentage and took the Tamweel Finance then the longer the delay the better off the chances are that the economy will improve and you can rent or off load your property. QUOTE]

I do feel for people who are financing their purchase themselves or who paid up front. We were fortunate in taking Tamweel finance.
So you took Tamweel's coin which means no capital outlays BUT the interest is mounting up (unless you are paying as you go)!
FlipItFast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #517
kevin_1980in

One of my friends (also; a user here) had filed the case against the developer and the broker. He has claimed the amount paid in addition to a compensation of 1 Million towards one floor held by him.

Decision from Dubai Supreme Court on property law

Decision by Ajman Courts

Judgements I received for Dubai Properties
kevin_1980in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #518
maeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_1980in View Post
One of my friends (also; a user here) had filed the case against the developer and the broker. He has claimed the amount paid in addition to a compensation of 1 Million towards one floor held by him.

Decision from Dubai Supreme Court on property law

Decision by Ajman Courts

Judgements I received for Dubai Properties
We can not open your link "Dubai Properties"
By the way, you speak about one floor ??? we are in the Villa project, means only villa and not flat, please explain
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #519
kevin_1980in

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeag View Post
We can not open your link "Dubai Properties"
By the way, you speak about one floor ??? we are in the Villa project, means only villa and not flat, please explain
Sorry, I dont have the details. I know that he has invested with Mazaya for a villa project. I'm forwarding him with a link to this thread.
kevin_1980in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #520
gevorika78

Likes (Received): 3269

Dubai Properties Group appoints Salwan to manage The Villa at Dubailand
United Arab Emirates: 7 hours, 33 minutes agoPRESS RELEASE.Dubai Properties Group (DPG), a member of Dubai Holding, today announced that Salwan Property Management will deliver its premium services at the Dhs8bn 'The Villa' community at Dubailand, located in the heart of the landmark tourism, leisure and entertainment destination.

Covering an area of more than 35 million square feet and featuring 1,814 Spanish-style three, four and five-bedroom villas, Phase-I of The Villa - The Ponderosa, will be ready for handover by the end of the year.

Khalid Al Malik, Group CEO, Dubai Properties Group, said:

"We are pleased to announce Salwan as the property manager for The Villa which is an essential part of our growing portfolio of landmark communities. Salwan has consistently delivered the highest level of service, ensuring our customers live and work in a premium quality environment. Their commitment to customer satisfaction makes Salwan the ideal company to manage a development of this magnitude."

Salwan Property Management is a subsidiary of Dubai Properties Group and a leading provider of innovative leasing and property management solutions. Established in 2008, Salwan offers a full spectrum of enabling services to residential and commercial stakeholders. The company currently offers premium real estate services to more than 18,000 units around Dubai including Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR), Cordoba Villas, Al Khail Gate, Al Razi Residence and Office Park at Dubai Internet City.

A freehold development of Dubai Properties Group, The Villa is an enchanting residential retreat inspired by generous open spaces for outdoor living. The community, surrounded by desert landscape, is a tranquil and exclusive enclave at the edge of the city.

The Villa includes four distinct clusters - The Haciendas comprising exclusive villas with lush landscape and vast exterior spaces; The Ponderosa offering ranch style living with private courtyards, stables, central pools and fountains; The Aldea, an intimate town with beautifully patterned streets, pathways and ponds; and The Centro where shaded arcades meet cobbled squares in a vibrant mix of club houses, cafes, restaurants, shops and community facilities.

Dubai Properties Group has a diverse spectrum of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments including Business Bay, The Villa, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Al Waha, Layan, Remraam and Shorooq Mirdif.
gevorika78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai, united arab emirates