daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #81
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Why do you drive the middle lane all the time? The right lane is free too...
Well i wasn't driving my brother was, but mainly cause the right lane had more water, prolly because no one uses it

Quote:
I doesnīt look that they work very good if i look the asphalt and if i look how the crashbarriers are bandy.
The highways construction quality is high enough i think, but yes the maintenance isn't really good.
But whats wrong with the crush barriers?

Last edited by pilotos; May 28th, 2007 at 03:21 PM.
pilotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #82
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

The crashbarriers are extremly crooked i think, the crashbarriers of the new bulgarian struma motorway arent crooked, just a few but overall they arenīt, what does it cause they are crooked? I am sorry to say this but i think so, i think so about the slovenian highways, too, German new highways are very well made for example, new Austrian ones do also look very well when new. The asphalt of your motorways does look a bit strange imo, it has too many white points, i donīt know if it is with porpuse since the asphalt on our new motorways looks also similar, it isnīt very black but has many white points even when is new, why?
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #83
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 18956

I think the pavement shown in the pics is okay. That A1 can't be that busy. (any figures?)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #84
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Hm i don't see the barriers being crooked, but if u mean the metal barriers, well they don't replace them if they aren't destroyed i guess, also the whole part was completed almost 10 years before so isn't that new, and the asphalt needs repavement for sure in most parts.

As for how busy the motorway is i don't know, but certainly not empty as seen in those pics, i ll search for figures later.
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #85
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

And an updated map of egnatia odos, showing the progress that i just noticed, its for April 2007:
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #86
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
Hm i don't see the barriers being crooked, but if u mean the metal barriers, well they don't replace them if they aren't destroyed i guess, also the whole part was completed almost 10 years before so isn't that new, and the asphalt needs repavement for sure in most parts.

As for how busy the motorway is i don't know, but certainly not empty as seen in those pics, i ll search for figures later.
yeah i meant the Metal barriers, i must say that i prefer concrete barrier isntead of old metal barriers but if metalbarriers are new or well made i prefer metal barriers.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM   #87
Nik the Greek

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Former republic of Yugoslavia, someone stayed in the beginning of the nineties.. Anyway, interesting map!
Hello Verso..

I made this Map.Sorry
The next time i take a new Map with the right Name of the Neighbour-Countries.
Nik the Greek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #88
SouthernEuropean

Likes (Received): 40

Great news....a totally new highway is going to be built in the next few years,connecting East and West Greece...total km:175.It's going to be a 6 lane highway and it's of major importance for Central Greece.

✤WELCOME TO MY CITY PROJECT✤
♔DERMOND♔
SouthernEuropean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #89
ChrisZwolle
Road user

And where would that be build? Don't you mean the A2 Igoumenitsa - Thessaloniki - Turkey?
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #90
SouthernEuropean

i mean E65 it's a totally new highway connecting Lamia with Grevena..Pathe meeting Egnatia..

♔DERMOND♔
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #91
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Ah, but that looks more like a north-south axe to me

But great. I think travelling in Greece's interior takes a lot of time, despite the lack of big cities.
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #92
SouthernEuropean

There are going to be many benefits from the construction of this road..and it's kind of North West South East highway i think...if you could understand Greek i would suggest you follow the updates-debate here :[people have various opinions and thoughts about the new highway]:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...327086&page=13

♔DERMOND♔
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #93
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Here is a map of the ? (i dont know whats its name is, i just know that its part of the E-65 corridor):
http://www.minenv.gr/download/2006-05-30.map.E65.pdf
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #94
SouthernEuropean

thanks for the map ..interesting..

♔DERMOND♔
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #95
keber

Likes (Received): 1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernEuropean View Post
Great news....a totally new highway is going to be built in the next few years,connecting East and West Greece...total km:175.It's going to be a 6 lane highway and it's of major importance for Central Greece.
6 lanes? Why would you built completely new highway 6-laned? Especially when some much more important highways in Greece are still 2-laned?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #96
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Maybe because the new motorway is going through mountainous terrain, and trucks can use one lane for slow climbs. If that happens all the time, it could be useful to build 2x3 lanes at once, instead of constant changing from 2 tot 3 lanes.
Old June 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #97
SouthernEuropean

i think Chris is right,because i heard that this highway is going to be used as well by trucks exporting and importing from the North or those coming from the port of Igoumenitsa etc..that's good for the other highway,Thessaloniki to Athens as it will reduce the number of trucks

♔DERMOND♔
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #98
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Some details about the motorway, which is of course going to be a tollroad, the motorway will be constructed by the "Hellenic autopistas" consortium, which is made by the spanish companies CINTRA and DRAGADOS and the greek ΓΕΚ and ΤΕΡΝΑ, and it will be a private motorway for 30 years.
The total cost of the 175km new motorway and the reconstruction of 57 km that belongs to the A1 motorway, will be 1,6 bln Euro.

Technical data:

3 traffic lanes per direction.
23 junctions.
6 rest areas(with shops, gasoline stations restaurants etc. ).
6 maintenance centers.
20 km length tunnels.
620 m Cut & cover tunnels.
8.8 km length bridges.

And the announcement from the cintra company web site:

Quote:
Cintra selected as provisional contractor to build and operate its second toll road in Greece

05/02/2007 – The 231 km Central Greece Motorway E-65 includes a segment running north-west/south-east through central Greece and a segment of the Patra-Athens-Thessaloniki (PATHE) toll road
The project will cost an estimated 1.5 billion euro

The road concession runs for 30 years

The consortium is short-listed for a third project and has bid for a fourth concession; together, those two projects represent a total investment of close to 3 billion euro

Madrid, 5 February 2007. Cintra, a toll-road and car-park company, has been selected by the Greek Government as provisional contractor to build, finance, operate, maintain and exploit the Central Greece Motorway (E65). The project is estimated to cost about 1.5 billion euro and the concession will run for 30 years.

This will be Cintra's second toll road in Greece, where it has already bid for a third project and is short-listed for a fourth (those two projects represent a projected investment of close to 3 billion euro). In this project, Cintra is the leader (33.34%) of a consortium with ACS and Greek construction company GEK (33.33% each); Cintra will nominate the concession company's General Manager.

The road measures 231 km in total and comprises two sections:

- the Central Greece segment, to built entirely by the consortium, measures 174 km and runs north-west/south-east through central Greece, connecting the city of Egnatia to the PATHE (Patra-Athens-Thessaloniki) toll road.

- the other segment, which measures 57 km., will be built by the Greek government and transferred to the concession company

The newly-built road will come into service in approximately 66 months. The road is expected to become operational by the end of 2009, when part of the road to be built by the Government will be transferred to the concession company. The final award and signature of the concession contract are subject to government approval of all the documentation as well as ratification by the Greek parliament. The European Commission must also approve the subsidy for the project.
Old June 6th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #99
ChrisZwolle
Road user

wow 1,6 bln Euro, that's a good buy. Was the asphalt for sale?
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #100
pilotos
καταχωρημένος χρήστης

Hm i don't know if that is supposed to be cheap, is it?
And have in mind that most of the road is passing through a plain, and only a small part will pass through mountains.

And btw the 1.6bln is actually only about the 175 km, the other 57 will cost an additional 300mln.

Tags
Ελλάς, greece, highways, motorways