search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #6421
JackFrost
I am from Őcsény

Likes (Received): 11006

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
Other than a motorway (or half) in South Eastern Slovenia to connect to the Rijeka motorway in CRO, what other major motorways are left to build in SLO? Seems to me that Slovenia is close to completing it's motorway network.
Connecting Croatian A7 and A9 to the network would be nice.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #6422
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4689

To A9 I agree, but a new road to A7 (Rijeka) will be expensive and low-trafficked. They should build it step by step.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #6423
kreden

Likes (Received): 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
Other than a motorway (or half) in South Eastern Slovenia to connect to the Rijeka motorway in CRO, what other major motorways are left to build in SLO? Seems to me that Slovenia is close to completing it's motorway network.
In terms of motorways, the motorway to Rijeka will be the final one, although it does not seem like the project will be started soon. Traffic levels are low, local opposition is strong and improvements to the current main road are planned in the near future.

On the other hand, there are a few expressways planned in the coming years: one connecting Slovenj Gradec and Velenje to the A1, the Novo mesto bypass and a tunnel under the Gorjanci to Črnomelj and Metlika, the H6 between Izola and Portorož and the H5 between Koper and the Croatian border.

Shenkey liked this post

Last edited by kreden; September 5th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #6424
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 115

A9 should of course be completed. A7 to Rijeka can be built as a half-motorwary at first, perhaps even an 'extra' toll for this section. (Although I do not know how that would be enforced).
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 11:47 PM   #6425
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3378

when is the new tolling system for trucks about to be introduced? i saw today that portals are placed in their places.
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:39 AM   #6426
Slovenia_

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
when is the new tolling system for trucks about to be introduced? i saw today that portals are placed in their places.
In the begin of year 2018. The start should be 1.1., but it can happened that it will be postpone for month or two.

All the portals are standing, because the deadline is end of September.
Very soon they will start to selling OBU-s and checking if everything works right.

They did say that they will not start with new sistem, till they are 100% sure everything works right, because there is a lot of money in play. And once they start with new sistem there is no going back on the old one.
Slovenia_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #6427
chris-dmf

Likes (Received): 113

Highway A4 Draženci – Gruškovje

Since yesterday, 3 lanes (2+1) are open between Ptuj and Lancova Vas.

2 (1+1) lanes from Lancova Vas to Zakl/Stanošina (Direction Gruskovje)

(The directon from Podlehnik to Lancova Vas is currently closed... for new road marking i think)

I was there today at 6 o´clock in the morning. Lack of light and rainfall at this time, so filming makes no sense.

Luki_SL liked this post

Last edited by chris-dmf; September 16th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
chris-dmf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #6428
MichiH

Likes (Received): 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-dmf View Post
Since yesterday, 3 lanes (2+1) are open between Ptuj and Lancova Vas.
I guess all 3 lanes on the first carriageway?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #6429
chris-dmf

Likes (Received): 113

Highway A4 Draženci – Gruškovje

2 lanes in Draženci direction and currently 1 in Gruškovje direction

MichiH, Verso, Luki_SL, simondanut liked this post
chris-dmf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #6430
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreden View Post
the Novo mesto bypass and a tunnel under the Gorjanci to Črnomelj and Metlika.
This would be nice to see, as it would finally provide a reasonable route from Dalmatia towards Ljubljana and beyond. It's only 55km from the Croatian A1 to the Slovenian A2, after all.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #6431
keber

Likes (Received): 1303

For the first 5 km (from A2 around Novo mesto up to Renault factory) main design project is already in the making.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #6432
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
This would be nice to see, as it would finally provide a reasonable route from Dalmatia towards Ljubljana and beyond. It's only 55km from the Croatian A1 to the Slovenian A2, after all.
That's true, however it's mostly important for tourists, so for me it's not a priority at all, you can also drive on motorway over Zagreb.
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:14 AM   #6433
Verso
Islander

Yesterday I noticed that the western part of the H4 isn't a motorway any more, it's an expressway now, like the rest of the H4.
Old October 1st, 2017, 08:13 AM   #6434
bogdymol
bogdymod

I will drive from Graz, Austria, to Zagreb, Croatia soon, and I have to pass through Slovenia. The issue that I have is that it doesn't seem to worth it to buy the 15 € vignette just for using once the 45 km of motorway through Slovenia, so I though that I could use maybe secondary, not tolled, roads.

Which is the best option for this? I was thinking at this route through Maribor, but this other route doesn't look bad also. I'll be driving on a Wednesday late afternoon (around 6-7 p.m.), so traffic shouldn't be that bad I suppose.

Also, is the Slovenian vignette mandatory from the border (so I have to leave the motorway at the last exit in Austria), or I can drive to the first motorway exit in Slovenia?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; October 1st, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 10:22 AM   #6435
Uksi

Likes (Received): 449

The Slovenian (or any other) vignette is mandatory from the border (where motorway/road surface maintained by DARS starts).

Normally I would recommend the other road (Lenart). You would avoid driving through Maribor and possible annoyances (slow city driving, traffic lights, congestion). However, one bridge in Ptuj is closed for renovations and there are long queues of traffic in both directions over the remaining bridge. In this case, the route through Maribor is much better option.

I personally wouldn't mind paying a bit more and therefore save fuel, time, and energy.

bogdymol liked this post
Uksi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:45 PM   #6436
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksi View Post

I personally wouldn't mind paying a bit more and therefore save fuel, time, and energy.
motorways are not fuel savers

@bogdy: there is also an option Bad Radkersburg - Ormož - Varaždin. it is 40 km longer, but you will annulate it on cheaper toll and probably some fuel saved. but it will be probably whole hour longer comparing to motorway via Spielfeld and Macelj. it would be strongly recommended if you would be coming from direction Wien.
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:56 PM   #6437
bogdymol
bogdymod

@Uksi: thanks for the answer. I wasn't aware of the bridge closure at Ptuj. For how long will the bridge be closed?

Do you think that at 6-7 p.m., on a Wednesday afternoon, the traffic will be bad either in Maribor or at the bridge in Ptuj?

15 Euro for driving on 45 km of motorway seems rather expensive, that's why I would avoid it if possible.

Driving on the motorway, at 140 km/h, is definitely less fuel efficient for me than driving on rural roads with 60-100 km/h.

@x-type: I'll be comming from Linz, so your route is slightly longer for me.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 01:02 PM   #6438
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post

@x-type: I'll be comming from Linz, so your route is slightly longer for me.
yeah, that's why i told that it is utile for direction Wien, all other are under large question mark.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM   #6439
Uksi

Likes (Received): 449

Quote:
@Uksi: thanks for the answer. I wasn't aware of the bridge closure at Ptuj. For how long will the bridge be closed?
At least until summer 2018.

Quote:
Do you think that at 6-7 p.m., on a Wednesday afternoon, the traffic will be bad either in Maribor or at the bridge in Ptuj?
There won´t be afternoon rush hour traffic at 6-7 pm anymore, so you can take either first or second route.
Uksi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:56 PM   #6440
celevac

Likes (Received): 87

I was REALLY SURPRISED today to see A4 between Lancova vas and Draženci already fully opened to traffic with 130 km/h towards Maribor! One month earlier than planned! Podlehnik-Lancova vas is also almost finished, just some noise barriers missing, but should be ready in 1-2 weeks !! Driving south towards Croatia, Draženci-Podlehnik was also in a very advanced state. It should be a matter of days, really. Traffic is already flowing on each respective side, one lane only. It was a pleasure to drive on the finished motorway section today!

Podlehnik-Gruškovje: traffic going on the western part of the motorway now, the eastern lanes (towards Maribor) are being constructed. Only near the border around the tunnel the works are not really advanced yet. Perhaps they will finish all the way to Zakl exit already before the 2018 tourist season?

Verso liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways