search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM   #81
lindenthaler
ubahnista

Likes (Received): 175

Tunnels and hungary, that sounds so unlogical
lindenthaler no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM   #82
lindenthaler
ubahnista

Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM   #83
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 8705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg
Haha! Very funny... The landscape demands that type os solution at the ominous part of Hungary!
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM   #84
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg
Haha! Very funny... The landscape demands that type os solution at the ominous part of Hungary!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #85
lindenthaler
ubahnista

it was only good meaning joke For me it s great for HU to have such highway system which is, IMO one of the best i ve saw in Europe I just hope that upgarding of M0 will get faster, it s really uncomfortable to drive thru it. but rest is very good
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #86
lindenthaler
ubahnista

it was only good meaning joke For me it s great for HU to have such highway system which is, IMO one of the best i ve saw in Europe I just hope that upgarding of M0 will get faster, it s really uncomfortable to drive thru it. but rest is very good
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #87
Qtya
sensational

The M0 experssway-highway is a crucial part of the Hungarian highway-system. This belt or beltway connects and will connect the main highways and roads entering and leaving Budapest (M1, M7, M6, M5, M3...). The belt is not finished yet and at some parts its way to old and absolutly doesn't fulfil the needs or demands of a modern transportation-system. But its improving. As you can see the expressway parts are turning into a highway and the belt is developing with the eastern, northern sections and also the M31 "shortcut".

Today only the north-western part is untouched. Its a very complicated zone. Urban ares,a national park, envionmental questions and personal intrests are in the way of the project. So this is why the deadline for the completion of the M0 belt is somewhere in 2015.

Here are some pictures of the U/C eastern and northern sections:

The M0 between Main road 4 and M3 highway is 26.5 km long, the M31 is 12 km and both projects are going to be finished next year.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #88
Qtya
sensational

The M0 experssway-highway is a crucial part of the Hungarian highway-system. This belt or beltway connects and will connect the main highways and roads entering and leaving Budapest (M1, M7, M6, M5, M3...). The belt is not finished yet and at some parts its way to old and absolutly doesn't fulfil the needs or demands of a modern transportation-system. But its improving. As you can see the expressway parts are turning into a highway and the belt is developing with the eastern, northern sections and also the M31 "shortcut".

Today only the north-western part is untouched. Its a very complicated zone. Urban ares,a national park, envionmental questions and personal intrests are in the way of the project. So this is why the deadline for the completion of the M0 belt is somewhere in 2015.

Here are some pictures of the U/C eastern and northern sections:

The M0 between Main road 4 and M3 highway is 26.5 km long, the M31 is 12 km and both projects are going to be finished next year.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM   #89
Qtya
sensational

The "Circle-bridge" at Buda÷rs, above the joint section of the M1-M7 highways connecting a Tesco, an Auchan, a KIKA, an IKEA and other heavy players. I like this one very much!

Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM   #90
Qtya
sensational

The "Circle-bridge" at Buda÷rs, above the joint section of the M1-M7 highways connecting a Tesco, an Auchan, a KIKA, an IKEA and other heavy players. I like this one very much!

Old September 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM   #91
Mimar

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Yippie! Finally something exciting!
The tunnels are exciting to us but they cost a lot, so I prefer a highway without tunnels although its impossible in a hilly area
Old September 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM   #92
Mimar

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Yippie! Finally something exciting!
The tunnels are exciting to us but they cost a lot, so I prefer a highway without tunnels although its impossible in a hilly area
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:13 PM   #93
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Great work Qtya, I was always curious about constructions and infrastructure projects going on in Hungary.
BTW don't you know what's the total length of current motorway network in HU? And are there distinguished motorways from expressways or is it all marked as motorways?
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:13 PM   #94
kokpit
BANNED

Great work Qtya, I was always curious about constructions and infrastructure projects going on in Hungary.
BTW don't you know what's the total length of current motorway network in HU? And are there distinguished motorways from expressways or is it all marked as motorways?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:40 PM   #95
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit
Thank you! I saw you guys are doing a great job at your threads, so we, hungarians should keep up!
About your questions: There are 522 km highway (M1, M3, M30, M35, M43, M7, parts of M0) and 130 km expressway (M15, M70, 2/A, parts of M0, M9) in the hands of the hungarian state. Concession own the M6 (58,6 km) and M5 (173,9) highways with a total length of 232,5 km.

Highways: 754,5 km
Expressways: 130 km

They are distinguished on the maps, they are usually shown with thiner lines as the highways.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:40 PM   #96
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit
Thank you! I saw you guys are doing a great job at your threads, so we, hungarians should keep up!
About your questions: There are 522 km highway (M1, M3, M30, M35, M43, M7, parts of M0) and 130 km expressway (M15, M70, 2/A, parts of M0, M9) in the hands of the hungarian state. Concession own the M6 (58,6 km) and M5 (173,9) highways with a total length of 232,5 km.

Highways: 754,5 km
Expressways: 130 km

They are distinguished on the maps, they are usually shown with thiner lines as the highways.
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #97
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2378

Qtya, hands down for the information about the M0, i always wanted to know more about it, and that detailed map is perfect, thanks!
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #98
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2378

Qtya, hands down for the information about the M0, i always wanted to know more about it, and that detailed map is perfect, thanks!
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #99
kokpit
BANNED

Thanks for info Qtya One more question: do you know what is the final planned length of entire highway network (Motorways & Expressways) in HU?
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #100
kokpit
BANNED

Thanks for info Qtya One more question: do you know what is the final planned length of entire highway network (Motorways & Expressways) in HU?

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways