daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Mindanao

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM   #961
Gee Ens

Likes (Received): 805

lalo atang lumayo. I think he meant plantation, not factory.

Hyping - A Manic Form Of Trolling. – Anonymous

Gee Ens no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:25 AM   #962
davaosky

Likes (Received): 17

Plantation; meaning yung field/farm ng mga Palm Trees, example: Banana Plantation.

Mada-dagdagan ang Haze, once Oil Palm or Palm Oil Plantation ma-establish sa Davao City. Dahil, para mas mapa-dali ang pag-plant ng panibagong Palm Tree, kailangan sunugin ang mga luma/putol/tuyong kahoy na hindi na napapakinabangan. Kailangang sunugin para i-clear ang lupa, bago taniman ng panibagong Palm Tree.

Malaysia always experienced that every year, and the worst effect is very low visibility ang kapaligiran, ang sakit huminga at sakit sa ilong. Dahil sa sobrang pag-sunog.

Hindi pa natin makikita 'yan ngayon.
davaosky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 02:33 PM   #963
Davao

Likes (Received): 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaosky View Post
Expect na madag-dagan 'yan once Oil Palm plantation sa Davao City pushes through.
The haze extends to the lower slopes of Mt. Apo, so pollution plays a minimal role in it. It is more from moisture settling at this elevation due to low early morning temperature. The view gets clearer as the day progresses.

I do not see why the a palm oil plantation in Davao City ( if there was any, never heard of it) will increase the haze, don't see any haze in the palm oil plantations in Agusan.
Davao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 04:35 AM   #964
davaosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davao View Post
The haze extends to the lower slopes of Mt. Apo, so pollution plays a minimal role in it. It is more from moisture settling at this elevation due to low early morning temperature. The view gets clearer as the day progresses.

I do not see why the a palm oil plantation in Davao City ( if there was any, never heard of it) will increase the haze, don't see any haze in the palm oil plantations in Agusan.

Yes, we will have Palm Oil Plantation soon, with the help of Malaysian Palm Oil Industry. If you read other online news paper like Edge Davao, they have mentioned it and soon it will be in place. Location will be somewhere in Paquibato district covering hundreds of hectares.

"don't see any haze in the palm oil plantations"

You cannot see haze in the palm oil plantations, but the burning of palm tree residues to clear the land, it's thick smoke travels and it could affect neighboring areas. In Malaysia, as per experienced and feedback from the locals, number one contributor of haze are due to burning of residues of Palm Trees. Another major contributor of haze in Malaysia and Singapore, are thick smoke comes from Indonesia, with same case also.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM   #965
Rall

Likes (Received): 13

uncontrolled forest fires ang cause ng haze in Malaysia...
not burning of residues of Palm Trees...

have not heard of burning Palm Trees in Malaysia or here in Agusan

Malaysian Haze

KL Haze
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:46 PM   #966
Isopropyl
Alcohol

Likes (Received): 647

Unfortunately, ganyan daw talaga ang ginagawa ng mga companies to clear planting sites. They burn the whole thing and make it look like it's an uncontrolled forest fire. That's according to Indonesian authorities who blame Malaysian companies who have plantations in Indonesia. We can avoid it by implementing strict rules. But, that's already counting the chicken before they hatch. Hindi pa nga final yung pag-invest ng Malaysian company AFAIK.

davaosky liked this post
Isopropyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM   #967
Davao

Quote:
Yes, we will have Palm Oil Plantation soon, with the help of Malaysian Palm Oil Industry. If you read other online news paper like Edge Davao, they have mentioned it and soon it will be in place. Location will be somewhere in Paquibato district covering hundreds of hectares.

"don't see any haze in the palm oil plantations"

You cannot see haze in the palm oil plantations, but the burning of palm tree residues to clear the land, it's thick smoke travels and it could affect neighboring areas. In Malaysia, as per experienced and feedback from the locals, number one contributor of haze are due to burning of residues of Palm Trees. Another major contributor of haze in Malaysia and Singapore, are thick smoke comes from Indonesia, with same case also.
As usual, the arguments you present and the consequences you assume are very distorted. The haze in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and at times, Thailand comes mainly from Indonesia and not Malaysia. The main causes are the slash and burn method of farming (kaingin) , forest fires usually during a prolonged dry season.

Be as it may, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are only fooling yourself and no one else. That is why your post gets a lot of flak.
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #968
davaosky

Quote:
As usual, the arguments you present and the consequences you assume are very distorted. The haze in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and at times, Thailand comes mainly from Indonesia and not Malaysia. The main causes are the slash and burn method of farming (kaingin) , forest fires usually during a prolonged dry season.

Be as it may, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are only fooling yourself and no one else. That is why your post gets a lot of flak.
I wouldn't have said it, if i didn't saw it on my own very eyes.
Even Malaysia applies burning method for clearing.
I would be a fool if I create stories.

Be as it may, you are entitled to your own opinion as well.
I don't care if you believe or not!

Last edited by davaosky; August 26th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #969
davaosky

Natural lang ng criticism, it's either i don't know how to express my opinion in written approach or there are really people nga dili jud maka-uyon sa akong opinion.

Last edited by davaosky; August 26th, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #970
davaosky

Or maybe, let's just try to connect the dots...

http://www.met.gov.my/index.php?opti...=70&Itemid=160
* Haze Particles - Their Origin --> "which include open burning, land clearing..."

http://www.met.gov.my/index.php?opti...1&limitstart=1
* How Can We Reduce The Incidence Of Haze? --> "Large scale land clearing which exposes large tracts..."

http://www.wwf.org.au/our_work/savin...ests/palm_oil/
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #971
Davao

Quote:
Or maybe, let's just try to connect the dots...

http://www.met.gov.my/index.php?opti...=70&Itemid=160
* Haze Particles - Their Origin --> "which include open burning, land clearing..."

http://www.met.gov.my/index.php?opti...1&limitstart=1
* How Can We Reduce The Incidence Of Haze? --> "Large scale land clearing which exposes large tracts..."

http://www.wwf.org.au/our_work/savin...ests/palm_oil/
If you really do not care, try not to add more of this garbage here. It's way out of topic and whatever point you are trying to prove is pure nonsense.
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #972
mCx2
clear minded mortal

Likes (Received): 196

What's happening here? did Davao go up in smoke?

Political Correctness has Gone Mad!!!
mCx2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 08:25 AM   #973
davaosky

Quote:
If you really do not care, try not to add more of this garbage here. It's way out of topic and whatever point you are trying to prove is pure nonsense.

Sorry Davao. I just replied to your comments, about my thoughts since you first mentioned about "Haze". I have nothing against your pic, its nice actually, wish I could stay in those nice beach resorts once we have a chance to visit our hometown again.

I do care about our city, I just don't care about those people who are hard to convince and as if who knows everything (hope your not one of those...). Second thing, since I have freedom, I just want to share my thoughts without bashing someone. I don't mind if I don't received any likes about my comments, either it may seems to be nonsense from someones' point of view or out of topic.

Lastly, hopefully those haze won't get worst.

Peace my friend. Have a good day!
Old August 27th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #974
davaosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCx2 View Post
What's happening here? did Davao go up in smoke?
Hi Mr Elmer,

Nothing serious, just an exchange of thoughts.

Regards,
davaosky
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #975
LI_rot duri-AN
craving

Likes (Received): 130

O.T na kaau dri dapita
Old September 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #976
rardiie

Likes (Received): 1509

Old September 8th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #977